You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unexplained Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

The Unexplained Hauntings

 

It was the year 2005 and was expecting our second child when my fiancé, son and I decided to move closer to my mom in Gustine California. It was an older home out in the middle of the country. We had been living there about a month or so when I started seeing things weird shadows out the corner of my eye and hearing strange noises. My sons toys would play on there own, balls would bounce, unexplained knocking within the house, doors would open when I shut them, baby monitors would pick up a strong loud static in the middle of the night almost every night with a voice talking and it would immediately go away as soon as I would get up and go check my sons room. I would have messages on the answering machine when my phone did not ring, all static.

My fiancé worked during the day, and when I would tell him he thought I was crazy and I was just tired from being pregnant. It got to the point where my son would wake up screaming in the middle of the night and would not stay in his room alone to play during the day. As months had turned to a year living in that house, we now had two children. I started feeling stronger presences, like someone watching and following me when I was washing dishes or laundry, caring for the children, or anything of the source. I even started hearing footsteps around the house, to where it lead to one night where the footsteps were behind me as I left my kids room from checking on them as I walked back to my bedroom. I jumped back into bed and immediately felt a presence of someone sitting on the foot of the bed when no one was there. I finally had enough of living there when it started turning physical.

One night I woke up and caught a glimpse of a boy standing at the foot of the bed staring at me. I immediately sat up and he was gone, my son had slipped into bed with us that same night and was kind of hanging off the edge of the bed when I went to pull him closer to me scared of thinking I just saw a ghost. He woke up screaming no; stop it you're hurting me as he grabbed his face screaming as if he was in pain. This had woken my fiancé up as well, and he had to help me calm our son down. I had to pull my sons hands off his face and when I did he had fresh scratches as if someone had scratched his face.

A couple of days after that incident, I had a dream that I woke up to a loud noise like a chair or something was dragging on the kitchen floor, I got up to go see what the noise was and opened up my bedroom door and right there in front of me was a older woman, she had long hair, she was dressed in a long black dress and she appeared to be floating in the air and just staring at me, and a few feet behind her I caught the glimpse of the same little boy dressed in a white collared shirt and black pants staring at me as well. The woman stared at me for only a few seconds and then started screaming loudly as she lunged at me, this woman had gone threw me. I could not move, breath, I was frozen, I felt lifeless, Tears rolled down my eyes as I tried calling my fiancés name, but no words or sound would come out. I started praying in my head and finally got enough strength to walk backwards slowly to my bed and sit down. I woke up finding myself in the same position, sitting as I did in my dream. It felt so real, the way it felt when she went through me, her anger I felt, her scream was just terrifying. I woke my fiancé up and cried to him of what just had happened. I did not sleep the rest of the night, in fear I would see this woman again. I could not live there any longer.

We finally moved away from that house. My mom, however still lives across the way from the house and she too is now experiencing strange noises and unexplained scratches at her house. I don't know what happened on that property or in the houses, but whatever did, it was not pretty.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, desandnatesmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
zzsgranny: I think the existance of high EMF levels HELPS spirits to manifest themselves. There are, like you mentioned with water, several ways the natural environment can make this possible. Static, steam, etc... It seems that sometime simple weather patterns or lunar occurances can have an effect on the "veil" between worlds, if that makes any sense.

Unknown, I am a 'skeptic' (and no offense taken!), but I won't deny the existence of spirits because I have had my own experiences which I could not explain. I have a harder time accepting the idea that they can physically HARM people, because it would take such a grandiose amount of energy for that to occur... I won't deny that it can or has happened, but it seems very unlikely to me in a situation where nothing was done to provoke it. Part of my reason for denying this is my fear of it happening to me, and so far, simply believing it can't has kept me relatively safe from harm. 😁

But for the sake of argument, I will remain open-minded to accepting that the author's son was indeed hurt by this spirit. I think Dpez made a good point -- it's possible that the author's son was being terrorized by the spirit of a jealous child, who was denied a good mother such as the author in life.

One could never possibly know what all types of spirits are out there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
DeviousAngel: Are the things that happen in areas where there are strong electromagnetic fields paranormal or normal?...I think that I saw on one of the ghost hunting shows (not sure which one) that large bodies of water, being the best conductor for electricity, in close proximity to a house or building, helps the spirits manifest... Is that similar to what you're talking about, or opposite?...Just curious. Thanks 😊
desandnatesmom (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
DeviousAngel, If you go back and read my story again, you will read that yes, my son was hanging off the edge of the bed, but however; he did not wake up screaming, intil I gently pulled him close to me, like I would always do, and no I did not scrach him either. He also did not have scratches on his face at that time, I know this because I could see his face with the light that I would keep on for him, because he was scared of the dark, I never kept any room completly dark. He woke up screaming, as if he was in pain and something was hurting him, he threw his hands over his face when he scram, stop it your hurting me. My son did not scratch himself. My fiance did not believe in spirts intil he began expericeing it for himself and that night was the first experience for him, he saw what was happening to our son and feared that it would hurt my son again.
DPez (5 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
I know this is totally out there, but if your son was being terrorized by a child ghost maybe it was out of jealousy? (Just a random theory. I kept thinking it'd be sad for a young boy to die and lose his family while reading your story). My mom has a theory that pregnant women are more perceptive to the spirit world because they have a deep connection with a child (she's a firm believer in child clairvoyance).
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Heh, looks like both dimensions of the world (which is the supernatural world and the real world, or more...) have the same type of behaviors we humans have. 1 thing I have to say, Devious, is that spirits have supernatural abilities that might be dismissed by 'skeptics', no offense, and give a false explanation about this.

So, for my conclusion, I have to say that the owners of that house (which are of course spirits,lol) doesn't want anyone living on their property.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
musicgrrl104, how do you know? The author never specified that she SAW this spirit scratch him, she simply woke up and saw him dangling off the edge of the bed and then he held his face and cried out. I think it's very possible that he could have scratched himself without realizing it, possibly even before his mother woke up.

I'm not trying to say nothing spiritual happened here, but unless she SAW this happen I can't necessarily say that it was a spirit's fault... Though I believe they can INFLUENCE people to hurt themselves while they are vulnerable (asleep).
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
DeviousAngel, that boy did not scratch himself, the spirit did. I think that desandnatesmom, you should research that property, and figure out what happened there. I am so glad you moved out. I hope you are happy in your new home.
netta (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
scary good thing moving out of there, I have a spirt in my house but a friendly one never has done any thing like that ghost in your house.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Oh and if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in California was this house?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I would recommend to anyone who is sensitive to things like this to check out the property and the land surrounding a home before you move into it, especially if there are little children in the house because they are generally the most sensitive. I think your son may have scratched himself in his slip during a nightmare and the vision you had of the woman and the little boy sounds like sleep paralysis. Outside of that, it sounds like something bad did happen there. I hate to sound like a broken-record but areas where electromagnetic fields are particularly strong are generally most likely to have weird things happening (which could explain the bizarre answering machine messages and static noises on the baby monitor). All the same, that would scare the daylights out of me... I hate the sound of static!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: