You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is A Spirit Trying To Make My Mother A Believer?

Real Ghost Stories

Is A Spirit Trying To Make My Mother A Believer?

 

First off I'd like to say "Hello" to all the readers on this site. I really enjoy reading all the comments with helpful advice that is given. I'm hoping to get helpful comments on my experiences.

I'm not a stranger to the paranormal, as a child I've had plenty of scary experiences to make me a true believer for life. Recently my mother and I have been experiencing some odd stuff around our apartment.

About three months ago my younger brother left home on bad terms and my mother and I miss him terribly. Since I've taken his room and noticed from the start how cold his room was but tried not to think much into it since we've been living in the same apartment for the last four years and never had anything happen. But from the first night I've slept there I always wake up at 3:00 am or 3:30 am and find myself unable to fall back to sleep for at least an hour after. This went on for about a month but I never woke up scared from it or heard or smelled anything out of the ordinary. Until I came home from work one night and saw my door to my room move on it own I totally couldn't believe what I saw. After that I was waiting for more stuff to happen right away but it didn't and the rest of the night was calm and quit like always.

About two weeks later my mother and I were having breakfast when the fan over the stove turned on for no reason. My mother thought it was funny and just laughed it off. But for some reason as many times as she tried pushing the off button it wouldn't turn off all it did was get louder. She just gave up and sat back down and it turned off right after. I then tried telling her about the odd stuff that had been happening since I started sleeping in my brother's room and she just laughed at me and told me I have a wild imagination.

My mother has never been a believer of anything paranormal and just thinks that I always let my imagination get the best of me. So days passed and my aunt was over, discussing the places that we were looking at moving to when the television in my mother's room turned on by itself. My aunt gets scared with everything so naturally she was creeped out and to be honest I was a little creeped out too. But of course my mother just thought it was the funniest thing ever and went in her room laughing and playing around. She kept saying that the ghost was going to come and get her and she finally just turned the television off. Then to top it off right when she walked out the room it turned right back on but she still stood her ground and said that it was nothing.

Then a week passed and my boyfriend slept over and I woke up the next morning to go running, and when I came back my boyfriend was sitting on my bed with an odd look and I asked what was wrong. He then told me that he felt a tap on his arm and thought it was me coming back from my run early but when he turned around he saw someone with a stripped shirt walk by and the person had no head and was transparent. We both told my mom and she told us two nights before she kept hearing a boy screaming in the middle of the night. I then told her that I had been hearing someone was whispering into my ear at night just when I was about to fall asleep.

So what do you think?

Does this spirit want to turn my mom into a believer?

Should I try talking to it and see what happens?

Let me know what you think I would really like to hear different view points on it.

Other hauntings by shellybelly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellybelly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweety (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
i was always told when I was having my deals with "something" not to act like it was scaring me. These "things" feed off your fear. In my case it was hard cause mine was messing with my child. Best of luck 😢
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Hello.
I first must tell you that I have not read the other comments, so if I repeat something, please forgive me.
What is the most interesting, to me, is that it would seem that SOMEthing wants attention.
If you can totally rule out electrical malfunctions on the telly, the fan etc (it is possible that after several years of inhabiting a home, "issues" arise that are purely natural. And yes, I do understand they are in different locations of the house, but wiring problems are sometimes quite a mess.) and you can rule out any heating issues in the bedroom that used to be your brothers (blocked vents, the absence of a vent...), you may actually have something interesting there.
What I have found through my personal research, is that if a being wants to be acknowledged badly enough, it would appear that they can become rather persistent. For SOME reason, it would appear that your Mother's attention may be what it desires.
There is no proof (for obvious reasons) that ghosts are able to see exactly what WE see. There IS the possibility that it can only see certain persons in that home, and because of that, maybe it only "saw" your Mother and your boyfriend.
Ghosts do not live by the clock as we live humans do. We have schedules and places we HAVE to be. There is the thought "out there" that there are times in which mere seconds pass for THEM, when in "real time" hundreds of years have passed. That would explain how people can contact lost beings who have no idea they had passed centuries prior.
With those two thought patterns going on, do you think it a possibility that someone your Mother was close to in the past, recent or distant, COULD be trying to get her a message?
Thank you.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
shellybelly,

In my experience, I've noticed that whatever you keep upfront in your mind is what you are going to experience. When these thoughts become emotionally charged, the attraction becomes more intense. I'm not talking about material items, I'm talking about spiritual beings.

If you want this thing to go away, start thinking about the good things in your life, giving thanks each day for the good things in your life. Give these thoughts some emotional charge and you will probably notice a big change in how you are feeling, for that matter, whatever has been bothering you is most likely to leave. On the other hand, it might try to retaliate, in other words "it could get physical!"

I write from experience. If you think this "thing" is losing its potency/power, then divert your attention to the blessings in your life while ignoring "it."

Think about "it," and it may have no reason to leave.

I believe getting your mind on the right track should come first. Then have a minister, preacher, priest, of your choice, preferably one with experience is the next step. You can't show fear, you must be able to ignore it, especially when it starts acting maniacle/threatening.

You need to understand that God has not left us defenseless. Trust God, and ask Jesus for help. You need to do your part, have faith, pray, then call on Jesus for your protection.

I think having your house blessed is always a good thing to do. You may not need an exorcist, you may need a change of heart. Remember, God does not give us a spirit of fear. 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Hello shellybelly, On a scale of 1 to 10 how frighten are you of these paranormal events,don't like to call them hauntings unless you feel threaten by them, I would say your mother rates a 1? What yours, reason I say this is because your mother senses seems more tuned out and yours seem more tuned in. I don't think your mother is going to call a ghost hunter, So I think where you go to from here depends on how these events are affecting you. One tip, try to rule everything out before you rule it in, I think
Your mother sleeps well following this principle, Thank you for sharing your story
Take care.
God bless

Aussiedaz
MandieLee (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
You said you've had experiences when you were younger, right? Could it be possible the spirit (s) sensed this, and is reaching out to you because it know that you will acknowledge it's presence. Maybe it wants something from you (an answer or possibly help). I'd look into the history of your building or search the Internet to find way to communicate with it without meddling. Best of luck!

Mandie Lee
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
In my honest opinion shellybelly I think your mum is as tough as she is because she knows things are going on but does not want to admit it maybe? As Wardo mentioned it does seem as though you have initiated something but do you recall anything that could be associated with this? I hope everything works out the best for you and your family!

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
shellybelly (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Hey Wardo! Thanks for your blessing. To answer your questions yes my brother is still a live and I don't think its a poltergeist considering I'm 21. And I have asked my brother if he ever noticed anything odd but he told me he never did plus he sleeps like a rock so if anthing did happen when he was asleep he didn't notice. Thanks for your comment. 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
This sounds like a pretty creepy thing going on there, and all of a sudden too huh? I've heard of ghosts staying quiet for a long period, but never for four years. I guess it's possible that your house was haunted all along. Or maybe when you moved in to that room, it initiated something. Anyway, I hate to ask this question, but have you talked to your brother lately at all? I mean, he is still living right? I sure hope so. If he is, then you could try asking him if he has ever had any experiences in his room. Also, if he has passed, it could be his spirit. Another thing it could be is a poltergeist that can be initiated, usually by female teenage strife. If that is the case, it will go away with time. On the other hand, if it is a true haunting that you can't determine the nature of, you could try blessing ceremonies and read up on spiritual protection. You'll find gobs of info online about that. I hope this helps and God bless you and your family!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: