You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Demon, Ghost Or?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon, Ghost Or?

 

I am 19 years old. I live in Lufkin, TX. After getting tired of partying and getting in trouble all of the time, some friends and I have become interested in ghost hunting around our area. After hearing that there was a creepy old sawmill outside our surrounding area, six of my friends and I loaded up our flashlights and headed out.

After parking at the entrance to an old nature trail outside of Zavalla, TX we got out and headed towards the mill. The walk was quiet. There were no sounds in the woods and no moonlight. We arrived at four building set in the middle of the forest with nothing around. They had 20-foot ceilings and all that was left was the concrete structure.

The seven of us went through the first three buildings just messing around having fun. We entered the fourth building and the walls were covered in graffiti, all being very negative. Some pictures of Devils, etc.

After being in there for a while, rocks/ pieces of concrete started to fall, or so we thought. Soon we realized the rocks were hitting the wall before the ground leading us to the conclusion that they were being thrown. At this point, we got brave and decided to turn all of the flashlights off at once and stand against the back wall.

EVERY TIME we turned the flashlights off, a rock was thrown. We did this 10-12 times, all the same. We would quickly turn the lights on and nothing was there. Finally, we decided to leave the lights of for a longer time. This time, we heard something walking across the other end of the room stepping on beer cans and coke bottles. When we spotlighted that area, nothing was there. I had my girlfriend standing in front of me with my arms around her. Suddenly she jerked away and ran out of the room. We all turned our lights back on and ran out with her. She was mortified. She was wide-eyed, shaking, and wouldn't talk.

We decided it was time to leave. On the walk back down the trail, limbs kept falling from nowhere. In other words, there was no tree above it. At one point, a rock landed by my foot. To my knowledge, rocks don't fall from trees. They must be thrown.

When we got back to our truck, my girlfriend told us that something had grabbed her foot and tried to yank her away from me.

I also failed to mention that she was the only one there who has never been saved in church.

To sum it up, there was something in that room with us that we couldn't see that was throwing objects at us, not intending to injure us, but scare us. Is it possible that this was demonic activity? I don't know much about this ghost stuff, but I know that my experience was real and none of my friends could have possibly been behind it due to their orientation in the room and other factors.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joel_2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
I am not sure if that was a demon, because normally they are much more aggressive. It sounds more like an angry human spirit that does not like you trespassing into it's area.
I don't know why you all keep going there to bug the spirit. You won't ever see this spirit's actual image unless you have some type of 6th sense. If this were a demon, most likely it would of followed you home.
Stop messing with it because it will eventually get EXTREMELY angry and hurt someone.
God Bless
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
I neglected to say something, and I did not want to leave anyone to question what I meant in that last comment. Then I will slip back into the shadows.
It is perfectly alright (in fact, I recommend it) to take along skeptics and non-believers when ghost hunting. It gives it a more rounded accumulation of facts both FOR and AGAINST the idea of the presence of ghosts. You just have to keep it AS research, and not just a night out at a haunted location, as if going to a fabricated Haunted House made for recreation purposes.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
I need to say, first off that I have read only your words pertaining to this account, and none of the other comments. I just wanted to get a better "feel" to the story.
I just... Why? You take a group of people in for a ghost hunting expedition, and only HALF of the group is serious about seeing if there really IS a ghost there? The other half may, or may not, be pranksters wanting to "pretend" something is there?
Why?
What is in it for them? The satisfaction of knowing they "pulled one over" on the rest of the group?
You know what impression I truly get? Two thoughts on this. The first one, one of your group really is NOT "interested in ghost hunting" and is still in the mind frame of wanting to party and all. Somehow they got through and fabricated these things that reportedly happened.
Curious. What types of "tools" do you all use in your ghost hunting? Did you capture anything on any devise?
And Two SOMEone got ticked off as to the insincerity OF the group as a whole.

It is kind of like that big ol' bully scenario that we all had, to some degree, in our past.
The Sawmill holds the poor kid that "everyone" likes to belittle. This kid is in hiding there, and is relatively safe.
Then these groups of people come in (as I am sure you are NOT the first group to go exploring in there) and start messing around (graffiti, destroying the place with their own brand of vandalism) and taunting the poor thing.
What is it to do?
It can not come out of the darkness and say "Stop. What the H E double hockey sticks? I have NEVER done anything to you!"
Schnickerbits, I would be ticked off too, after goodness knows HOW long people were coming in and acting in such a manner. I would run the living off, too.
No. This is not a demon. This is a being that just wants to be left alone.
You should all respect that (WHATEVER group of people you take there) and let it be.
Thank you.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
What's the history of the Sawmill? Are any rituals being practiced over there? Reason I ask is that there may be a door opened which does happen with this sort of a thing, also there may be people there who don't want you around, and will do what ever to protect their ritual grounds. If this means chucking rocks at you, etc. It seems like a spooky place, so your senses are hightened. Did you take pics etc.

On a side note, be careful, there are some forests by my house, where satan worshipers have altars set up and the area is booby trapped. In my opinion, it's time for the forest preserve police to clean house!
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
wow this sounds really creepy, I would love to go first at Day to see the whole place in light then at dark to check it out but. Its true, I agree don't take people who arent serious about this,& don't meddle with things you don't know about, It seems you guys angered it... I don't think it was a demonic entity, maybe just a very dark and angry spirit, (I would be too if a buch of kids just came messing round my resting place) something probably happened in that place I advice you to do some research on it.
Be careful and Godbless. This was an awesome read thank you. ❤
joel_2008 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
We went back tonight. Seven people again. Four the same and three who had never been and thought our story was b-s. The same thing happened. The walk up the trail was silent. The first three buildings had no unordinary happenings. However, the possessed room was different. This time I asked questions of the unidentified spirit. I told it we were meaning no harm and we were just curious. I asked if the spirit was friendly. Nothing happened. When I asked if it was angry a rock was thrown against the wall. But much more violently than last time. It shattered into pieces. After a few more questions it stopped throwing rocks. Three of the people in my group reported seeing a pale object move across the opening of the room where seemingly, everyone avoided because of an overwhelming bad feeling from that area. On the way back down the trail the same thing happened except worse than last time. Instead of objects landing around us, they were hitting us. At one point a large stick was hurled into an old sign breaking into pieces. I will say that I was not frightened. When an object was thrown, instead of freaking out, I investigated the sight trying to see an explanation. There was nothing. Every object thrown came out of nowhere.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Hi Joel, It definitely sounded like something did not want you there. That old saw mill sounds interesting. Do you have any information about the place? You said that your girlfriend was standing in front of you with your arms wrapped around her, and everyone else was standing against the wall. Maybe it was easy for whatever was there to grab her because she was in the front. I can't say if the presence was demonic or not, but if you decide to go back research the property and history before you do. It can be very dangerous when you go investigating places that you don't know about. Crumbling ceilings, loose floor boards, and asbestos can cause serious injury so be very careful. Thanks for posting your story. Take Care 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Well, a few things I want to say actually. First of all, why are you going out ghost hunting when you are certain that the people with you are serious about it. I mean you mention that you had some suspicion of a friend doing this stuff. Smaller groups yield better results for ghost hunting usually, or at least spread out groups of people. There definitely could be a ghost haunting that place, but it seems like there could also be someone playing a prank.

Now you are a Christian correct? That sort of thing does not correlate with your faith. You shouldn't really be doing ghost hunting or you're not "saved" either.

Do a little bit more research if you want to get into ghost hunting because if you don't know much about this "ghost stuff" then you will probably end up angering something.

If I were you, I would pray to Jesus to forgive me for meddling in that sort of thing and stop it at once.

God bless you, and don't meddle if you aren't prepared.
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
ummm...maybe there was a ghost in there... But if it wanted 2 harm you I thik that it would have done sumthing badder I only think that whatever it was that it was trying 2 get you out of there 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: