You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Shadow

 

I'm going to give a bit of background info on what room I was in, and how I can try to figure what went on. The computer is located in the computer room. This happened when we had the old computer, one that wasn't exactly the brightest, but it could still cause shadows when one walked by. The computer is located near a window, which you can see the road from. When cars drive by at night, you can see the lights reflecting on the walls, and they travel across before they vanish.

I was sitting in my computer chair, talking to a friend online, with my cat sitting behind me on a chair. I was bored, and I kept swaying back and forth in the spinning-computer chair, watching my shadow behind me while waiting for my friend to reply to what I sent. It was quiet, and no one in the house was up, because my brother was in his room, snoring (loudly I might add) and my mum was upstairs, and if she were to come down, I would hear the stairs creak.

Well, I turned back to the computer to look at what my friend had just said, when I heard a noise. I couldn't really tell what it was, it just sounded odd, so I turned to look at Autumn (my cat), who was staring at the doorway leading into the living room. I looked up, just in time to see a black haze, that looked at if someone were standing, before it vanished. My cat jumped off the chair to go into the living room, so I got up to follow, to see if my dog was up, or if my brother had come out of his room. When I stood in the door frame, I didn't see anything, other than my dog sleeping under one of the tables.

I don't know what I saw, but it freaked me out quite a bit. Of course, I don't fuss about it anymore. But I thought I'd tell the story.

Oh, and this happened at the beginning of December, 2006. I was fourteen then, and I am still that age now. So it wasn't to long ago.

And, you can believe this if you'd like, or not. One possibility is that my eyes were playing tricks on me, because it was really late into the night. Actually... it'd be extremely early the next morning. Around 3:30 AM. But, I'm still unsure, whether it was paranormal or not, I do not fuss.

I know there are spirits in my house, but they do not bother anyone.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Whoaness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-29)
strange things can happen when your on your own I see strange weird things like floating clouds which are above me I have seen weird shadows as well even when I close my eyes I can see shadows of boxes, doors. I have seen a shadow of half a moon in the middle of the room floating
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
I like the fact that you are at least open to the possibility that it was a visual hallucination, most people on this site are quick to say it was a spirit or other being. I had a similar encounter when I woke up one morning from only having a couple of hours sleep and having to go to work. I saw a black haze in the corner of my room up towards the ceiling. It didn't scare me at all and I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and went back to bed for a few more minutes. Looking back at it now, I dismiss it as my being so darn tired. When you're up late, strange things can happen because you're tired and your senses become heightened and you begin to imagine creepy things that wouldn't seem so creepy during the day. Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: