You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Ghost Hunting Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting Experience

 

My boyfriend Kyle and I are very interested in the investigation of the paranormal. Although it scares me to see or hear things, I'm still somewhat drawn to pictures and stories of encounters. I live right by the Lundys Lane Cemetery located in Niagara Falls, Ontario, where the battle of 1812 was located.

Lundys Lane Cemetery

Since it is one of the most haunted cemeteries, I grabbed my camera and we walked over to "Ghost Hunt". After walking around and taking multiple pictures, we finally got tired and found a small bench located just outside of the cemetery. We both decided to review the pictures we had taken. As we looked through them, I came across this picture, there seemed to be a faint face of a man, and a very noticeable face (and hair) of a woman.

We looked at each other in disbelief. The picture is so clear that it's pretty much impossible to try and believe that it isn't anything but a woman's face. When taking the picture myself, no lights were behind the gravestones, it was complete darkness. I recommend anybody who is ever in the area to visit at night in a small group, bring cameras and lots of batteries. It's a lot of fun and you will always find something amazing in pictures. We have gone several times and found many ghosts and weird objects and lights in photos.

I apologize if it is a little bit difficult to make it out in the picture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karabara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

publicways (32 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-11-08)
my apologies but I don't really see anything in the picture, sir.
andre (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
To me the figure on the right looks like a little girl with black hair, pink shirt and white skirt. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe someone else sees it.
But I see no faces.
B_Delay (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
After messing around with a few photo editing programs (Photoshop and SAI), I got quite freaked out. The face in the middle looks quite demonic. Seems to be someone screaming. Amazing find though!

For those who would like to see the image I saw, mess with the saturation levels and Luminescence levels.
karabara (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
And I would also like to add that the bright circle at the top right of the screen was not the moon.
karabara (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I had lightened the picture already and saved it accidentally over the original which is why I think I may have ruined it. The "woman" that I see, her face fits almost exactly in the red circle. It looks like her nose is whiter than the rest of her face. The other face, a "mans" face, was always a bit harder to see. As I said me and my boyfriend are huge skeptics, but when we saw this picture specifically, we did believe. We also believe that you usually don't find something if your looking for it. I've had a lot of strange photos such as very bright white almost beams of light coming out of the bottom of gravestones. I did get a lot of reflections but they are easier to recognize. I did study a lot of the pictures once I was home and lightened or contrasted them since its easier to reveal shapes and shadows that way. Which is how we found a lot of things. I will be purchasing a "ghost hunting kit" which includes EVP and other things. It does warn you to be careful with it but I'm determined and very curious as to what I can find and communicate with. If anyone has ever heard of the "Blue Ghost Tunnel" or the "Screaming Tunnel" keep checking up on the website as I will be entering anything interesting if the website will allow it. Thank you to all for any feedback, positive or negative. We all see things a different way. 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
If that was a woman she's got an awfully big nose on her. Seems to me.
ShadowRyuu (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
I'll admit that it's a picture of something odd, but I don't see the faces. Maybe they are easier to see in the actual photo. Anywho, good luck in future hunts.

"Work only with the facts that can't be denied." ShadowRyuu
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Thanks for sharing. I also couldn't see much but I hadn't tried enlarging the photos either. Years ago I took pics in an old cemetery and had some strange flourescent zig-zagging lights appear on them. I found out later that what I caught was phosphorous gases escaping from the bones of the deceased. Not very paranormal after all. They weren't visible but the flash from the camera made them glow, thus they showed in the pics.

Jennifer ❀
SERVANTOFSET (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
I don't mean to be rude but I can't see anything in that photo beyond the usual distortions found in a picture taken at night.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Thank you for sharing this photo! I see a few strange orbs in this picture, but I don't necessarily see the faces you mentioned. I also have to agree that graveyards are usually the least haunted places--generally people get themselves hyped up and feel that they've seen things, but think about it: why would you want to hang around your own dead body? I would imagine that the soul would haunt the place where it departed from the body rather than where the body rests. Once the two are separated, there is no longer any connection between them.

All the same, the orbs may be something. It could be some form of spiritual energy or just dust/condensation in the air. Can anyone lighten up this image? Maybe the contrast is the reason I can't make anything out?
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Thanks for the picture it is very fascinating! There wasn't much of a read behind it, as we like to read a good story too! But I thought that it was awesome of you to actually include your picture! What is in the upper right of the picture? It looks like a pretty decent orb to me, unless it's the moon, and that would be considered a light source...
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
I can't make out a womans face, although I do acknowledge that there is a discolouration in the circled area. A lot of people are going to tell you 'they see the face' and others are going to tell you its 'all in your head'. Lately I have been thinking about these inconclusive ghost images across the internet, and I believe that many people fabricate what they want to see by matrixing the imagage of a face inside the mind. On the same note though I am wondering if some people see what is 'intended' to be seen... Ie, if in fact this is an image of a woman's face, perhaps she might be intending for you to view it and not particularly for others to recognise it?
Just a thought. But keep hunting and don't be discouraged because not all feedback will be positive or in support of your own belief.

Kiwi
Alivia_Valliance (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
After enlarging the picture I don't see how it resembles a woman in any way. It's more likely mist or fog spots (hence orbs).
Investigating cemetaries is fun, but it's unlikely that they are haunted. The area where a person is murdered is more likely to be the scene of a haunting. Not the area where the soul's body is buried, graveyards are more peaceful settlements. There's a legend that the first person buried in a graveyard is destined to be the graveyard keeper, which would be the only ghost in the entire graveyard.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Nice pic 😊it's a little grainy on my pc but I can still make out the faces you saw. Thank you for sharing it and your experience with us. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: