You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Nan And Mum

Real Ghost Stories

My Nan And Mum

 

My mum died in November 2009, it was a really sad time and I'm still grieving now, but I'm coping. Anyway about 2 days before she died a couple of things happened. The first thing was I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when the shower curtain moved, it wasn't a ruffle, it was like someone had taken the edge, pulled it back and let it fall back into place. I remember looking at it and thinking weird. For some reason I thought it was my Nan, perhaps because my mum was ill, thought maybe she was checking up on her. That night I went to bed, my fiancé was asleep next to me when all of a sudden there was this creaking and rustling coming from the foot of my bed, it was quite loud. I thought the cats got in, so I switched the light on next to my bed, crawled to the edge and looked over... Nothing there. I even picked the mattress up so I could look between the slats under the bed, he wasn't there. I opened my door, looked out and he's asleep at the top of the stairs... So nope wasn't him. I'm easily freaked out, but I wasn't bothered in the slightest.

That was on the Friday, my mum died on the Sunday, we'd been at hospital all day, I'd been wearing my new boots, I remember after sitting downstairs for ages, I went upstairs walked into my parents room, sat on my mums side of the bed, and I said Nan I hope you are looking after mum, if you are here give me a sign... Nothing happened of course. I then walked into my room, took my boots off and left them in front of my drawers. I remember turning to my mirror, seeing the fact that my jeans were tucked into my socks and thinking that looks weird, but I didn't have the energy or inclination to do anything about it, so I just walked downstairs. I'm telling you all this because I want to show that I remember going in there and taking them off... It will make sense in a bit.

I went up to bed eventually, was lying in the dark trying to sleep when the noises started again, was a rustling kind of creaking noise, my fiancé this time was awake, he said what the hell is that? I said its that noise again I told you I heard on Friday, so I turned the light on, crawled to the end of the bed and there was nothing there again. I then noticed the carrier bag I had when I bought my boots was on the floor and it looked like something was in there, again I thought it was my cat, because he gets everywhere and likes getting in bags. So I picked it up but there was no cat, instead my boots were in there, I said to my fiancé why are my boots in my bag? He said he didn't know, he assumed I'd put them there, I said no, why would I put the boots I'm keeping back in the bag which I'd thrown that morning towards the bin... I say towards because we were in a rush to leave for the hospital and I think I missed the bin. My fiancé said he came upstairs and they were sitting inside the bag on my side of the bed. Now I remember taking off my boots so surely I'd remember putting them in a bag and walking round the bed to put them on my side. He said he came upstairs, put the boots that were in the bag on the floor and made the bed, because we'd obviously rushed out that morning. Now I might have shrugged it off as me doing in a moment of madness, but it's the noise that makes me think it could be something more, the noise drew my attention to it and I honestly do not think I put those boots there. Also they were in back to front, and as I took them out it struck me that it was an odd way to put them in because I would have twisted my arm round to put them in.

I realize the above could be nothing, but I'm inclined to think it's something.

The other thing that happened was my dads alarm clock has a button on top, if you push this button a voice will tell you the time. Well pretty much straight after she died and for about 2 weeks it would go off at random times, there was no explanation for it. I was really upset one day, home alone and just spent the whole morning crying when all of a sudden it went off... I like to think that it was my mum saying pull yourself together, I'm not gone you just can't see me. Anyway as quickly as it started, it stopped and he's not had a problem with it since, so unless it was faulty and fixed itself, I prefer to think it was my mum.

The last thing that happened was we cleared out all of mums stuff, she had a dressing table which I was going to have and we cleared it out completely, me, my dad and sister had all checked it was completely empty. I know it was, I looked through it more than once because I was going to take it with me when I moved (didn't fit in my new bedroom though so it's still in my dads room). The other day my dad looked in it (no idea why) and in one of the drawers was a bracelet, strange thing is none of us have seen it before, and we have no idea how it got there. It wasn't even a nice bracelet, or anything of meaning, just a random bracelet, but no one else had been in that room to put it there and we know we didn't do it. Somehow though it got in there, but we just don't know how.

I believe my Nan came for my mum, and that she was letting me know she was around. I haven't felt anything for a while, but I hope that some how my mum will let me know she's with me...

Thanks for reading, I know it's a boring story and nothing exciting happened, but it's a comfort to believe that what we see around us is all there is.

Other hauntings by Sevenwaters

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sevenwaters, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sevenwaters (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Thanks everyone. I'm doing ok, I'm actually organising my wedding, its in August, I was going to cancel and I was adament, but then all of a sudden I felt like I needed to do it. My mum wouldn't want me to cancel. I hope I do have a few more experiences, because I'd like to know she is still watching over me. Perhaps I'll get a sign on my wedding day, that would be nice.

Thanks again, I know my experiences are small, and I suppose they could be shrugged off, but I can't shrug off the noises I heard 2 nights before my mum died and then again the night she died, I never heard those noises before and I haven't heard them since. And funnily enough as soon as I switched the light on the noise stopped. If it was my nan she did get my attention.

My dad has seen spirits but he hasn't seen my mum, but I think that's a good thing, he needs to be able to move on, and perhaps when he is in a better place she will let him know she is still around.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi sevenwaters.
my condolances to you on your mothers passing it is indeed very sad when a parent passess my mother passed on two years back in febuary 2008 so I know what you are going through iam living in the house now and have had some experiances too id love to be able to sell because there are too many memories here and it gets very sad sometimes. Anyway you will probabley have little thing happen from time too time as our loved ones often come in visitation just to show that they are allways there for us but I know that this is a griveing time for you and its no harm to have a good cry when you are sad by the way I enjoyed your story and it wasent boring at all I will pray for you that you can be strong during the sad moments take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hello sevenwaters, thank you for your heart felt story and once again sorry for your loss, Through your story I could feel you reaching out for your mum,i'm sure she is with you, keep your chin up mate I know how tough it is.
Take care,
Aussiedaz
BansheeLee (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
I enjoyed your story. Very authentic. I too have had a few experiences when family or friends have died. It gives me a since of hope that when we die we are somehow still around. So sorry about your loss. Be strong and best wishes. 😊
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi Sevenwaters,

It's always hard lossing a parent, thanks for sharing your story, be well...

Claudia 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: