You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Deceased Friend Visits

Real Ghost Stories

My Deceased Friend Visits

 

About 3 months ago my best friend Julia died of an accidental over-dose. She had an 8 year old, a 4 year old and a newborn baby when it happened. Following her death my family, her husband and several friends have had experiences with the paranormal, I particularly have had many odd things happen, I will tell you them in the order they happened:

On the way home from her funeral my mom glanced up at the sky and told her boyfriend and I to look, so we did and we saw what appeared to be an angel in the sky and it looked just like her. That wasn't entirely surprising to me though, 'cause she was a very good woman but here is where is started to get freaky:

I was lying down on the couch one night, when I started hearing tapping sounds on the wall. At first it didn't bother me much, but after a minute I started to get a feeling that something paranormal was in the house, and whenever I feel like there's a ghost around I'm usually right. My family has had ghosts in there before too because someone died in the apartment we live in but the spirit had left, so out of curiosity I asked " Julia, is that you?" and the tapping increased so then I said " If you're here move that balloon to the left " (there was a balloon in there at the time) and it moved. I know that some spirits can touch you or talk to you so then just to be sure I said "can you come over here and touch my hand? ". Of course, I didn't feel anything physically touch it but right after I asked that I felt it get cold around my hand, which gave me verification that it was her. After that I decided to take out my mom's camera and see if I could catch anything paranormal on it and sure enough, there was a red orb in motion which is very ironic since her favourite. Color was red.

After that I experienced dramatic temperature drops, tapping on the wall, etc. Very frequently, one of the times I remember being upstairs at a friend's apartment and it got very cold right next to me but nowhere else in the apartment. The freakiest thing that happened to me was when I was going out for a walk a little late in the evening and I walked by the apartment she used to live in and right as I walked by I saw her face staring out at me from the sliding glass door, which caused me to pause and keep looking but she vanished.

The last experience that I had that I feel is worth telling is when I was lying down on the couch one night trying to go to sleep with my 5 year old brother who had gotten scared, and after a minute I had closed my eyes and I heard her whisper my name. I am not making any of this up! The fact that she is still here has been haunting me ever since my first experience, but then again I should have expected her to stay since she had kids that she wants to look over.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Heather777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Heather777 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Yeah, I know she was trying to tell me something, but I find it awkward that her ex husband Cody never had any paranormal experiences yet my mom, her husband she had when she died and a few other people did. I honestly thought she would have tried to communicate with him 😕 I've had several more things happen since those things I told you, like yesterday I was in the bathroom and the door kept opening all by itself even when I made sure it was shut. It didn't really scare me because I'm used to spirits- I've been seeing them around me and hearing them follow me for a couple years now so basically I was like " oh, whatever- it'll get tired of me shutting the door and go away." and sure enough after a few minutes it left. 😁 Anyway thank you for the comments, I'm sure she'll be visiting again very soon since her kids are coming home from Louisiana for a while.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
i'm sorry to hear about that... 😭... I pity those kids. Your friend might want to tell you something. She must have some things that she wants you to do for her. Probably an unfinished business or she must be worried about her kids. You might want to talk to her and ask her what she wants or if she has a message for her loved ones. After that light a candle and say prayer for her. Tell her too that you will relay the message and she can go to the light. It worked for me when my friend shelly died in a fire accident. I always see her in my dream. Good Luck.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi Heather 777.
Iam sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Julia, I think she is trying to get a message to you allright you should try and communicate with her and see what it is and then ask her if she would like to go into the light where she can be at total peace let me know what happens if you can take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you and I hope your friend will find peace take care...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hello heather 777, My heart goes out to you, your family and especially the children, so sorry about the loss of your best friend, I feel julia is trying to get a message across that she's ok, this means a lot to her and I'm sure that she would feel good that her best friend (you) would be able to pass it on, God bless you all
Take care
Daz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: