You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Location: The Beginning

Real Ghost Stories

The Location: The Beginning

 

My boyfriend and I moved into our current apartment July 1, 2009 and I couldn't have been more pleased. The atmosphere was great, the energy rejuvenating, and it was quite the improvement compared to our previous apartment. It was more in town, on a road I was familiar with, and I had to admit that living closer to my family was a bit appealing, rather than living in the next town over from them. Overall, I was looking forward to being able to get away from the negativity that always seemed to be circulating through the atmosphere at the old apartment complex. This place was wonderful, a new beginning.

I have lived in this area since 2004 and had started visiting back in 2000 or 2001, so I am very familiar with all of the roads, including the back roads that the locals take to bypass a lot of the traffic that accompanies the tourist season. To get to my apartment, one has to travel along one of what I call the "main side roads" and about a quarter of a mile before you reach the main drag in town, there is another side road to turn left onto. This side road is considered one of the short cuts as it leads directly up to the grocery store and Walmart and just so happens to be the road my apartment complex is located on. I have used this road since I have been in town and I like to think that I am familiar with everything that is along it.

A few days prior to Halloween 2009, I was driving home during daylight hours and had turned onto the side road my apartment is located on only a few moments before when I very abruptly felt my attention torn through the front right passenger window. Finding it extremely odd that this happened, I soon noticed through the trees (it is a bit woodsy in that area) a structure that appeared to resemble something like a house. The structure was something that had obviously worn down over time, but I could feel the energy just radiating from it. In my mind I could very clearly see an older gentleman standing at the structure, on what appeared to be was once a porch, his arms were crossed tightly over his chest and he was almost "glaring" with a very territorial sense about him. I was intrigued, but busy; I brushed it aside for the remainder of the day. The following day, while at work, I texted my younger sister, Lex, and inquired if she had ever noticed the "house" that was through the trees off to the side of our apartment complex. She said yes and we made plans for her to lead me to it on an upcoming day so that I could perform a walk through and get an overall feel for the place and possibly perform an investigation there with several of my close friends and my best friend, Rachel, who was coming to spend Halloween at my apartment.

The day of Halloween, during daylight hours, myself and Lex, along with her friend Natasha, walked the bit of distance it took to get to the structure. Once there, I was surprised to find it rather lacking in close up appearance compared to what I originally saw from the road in my car. But the energy of the location was just as strong. Mind you all, before I continue, there was no actual flooring in the structure, as it was merely a shell, so we were walking on dirt ground the entire time. Walking under an over hang, to our left was a randomly placed table that looked rather cheap and old, despite being dirty and pretty much falling apart. The three chairs were more baffling, as they clearly didn't belong to the table as a set and just radiated an odd feeling. A few paces forward was a long metal gate, reminiscent to the ones you would expect to see on a farm. Lex continued to lead me forward and we came upon a small "room" that you had to "step up" to get to. There was another table with countless books carelessly abandoned all over it, as well as on the floor, and on a built into the wall bookshelf. The books ranged from novels, to "How To..." books, to physics books, to National Geographic magazines, all dating anywhere between the 1930s to the 1970s.

Walking further inside, we stepped into a bigger open room that made the whole layout of the place seem confusing because it made it appear as if the structure could have possibly at one time been some type of barn, but that I am not entirely sure of. There was an upper loft inside that room and with Lex and Natasha staying down below; I decided to scale the attached to the wall ladder to get a better view of the loft... Which brings me to my first experience with the place. Not even two feet off the ladder and I noticed a simple small chair placed in the middle of all the random junk and garbage that had accumulated up there over the years from what I can only assume to be vandalizers and such. Without warning, in my mind I saw a young boy sitting in the chair, his demeanor I can only describe as possibly anxious, despaired, sad and from what I could tell, there wasn't any of the trash lying around. I was only able to get a side view of him and it was a quick vision. I wasn't up in the loft long and when I turned around to climb back down the ladder, I felt an overwhelming sense of extreme anxiety and despair from someone that I was leaving the area, kind of like, "Wait, where are you going? Why are you leaving?" Those were the thoughts that passed through my mind. Unsure exactly, I turned back towards the chair with the assumption that it might be the young boy I had seen, held out my hand in a halting manner, and calmly spoke, "its ok."

"It's not going to be ok!"

I whipped around quickly at the faint distressed sound of the female voice and hurried over to the ladder, looking down upon Lex and Natasha. "Did you just say something, Lex?" I demanded.

Lex looked away from Natasha and up at me, both their expressions puzzled. "Uh...no?" she answered.

"What about you, Natasha? Did you say anything?" I demanded from her also.

"No, I didn't say anything," was her answer.

"Are you lying to me? Either of you? Cause, I swear if-"

"No, we're not lying," Lex insisted seriously. "We weren't talking."

Puzzled because I had clearly heard an audible answer to my statement towards the chair, I started to think about what I had heard more as I climbed back down the ladder. Originally I had assumed it was Lex I had heard since it was a young female's voice that had answered, but I quickly realized it was not her, especially when I relayed to the two of them what I had heard in the loft. Neither of them could account to having heard what I did. Afterwards, I performed a brief EVP session in attempts to possibly communicate with the spirits I felt centered around the location, especially the young boy I noticed in the loft and the young girl that had answered me. I was also curious about the older gentleman I had seen in my mind when I first noticed the structure during my drive by a few days prior. Unfortunately, the session produced no results and the three of us left with my hopes of returning there later that evening.

Flash forward to that night...

Two of the friends that were supposed to take part in the investigation of the location ditched out at the last minute without warning, leaving only Rachel and I to proceed. It was sometime after 2:00am or 3:00am that we left my apartment and headed towards the location, equipped with flashlights, digital cameras, and my cell phone. Once there, Rachel immediately started to pick up on what I had gathered earlier that day information wise, and confirmed my suspicion of the three main spirits that centered on the location itself, without speaking to her a single detail beforehand: a little girl, a little boy, and an older gentleman. She pulled out her digital camera and started the voice recorder on it while I had my digital camera ready to take pictures when I felt the need. Together we both attempted to communicate with the little girl as we felt her the strongest that night (it seemed the little boy was more tentative on approaching) and Rachel received the name "Emily" as belonging to the little girl and "David" for the boy. At one point during the EVP session, Rachel was reduced to tears to the point where she was a sobbing mess and the only way she could explain it to me was because of the visions and mental information Emily was relaying to her. I don't entirely feel comfortable repeating that information, but it was enough to stress Rachel emotionally. The rest of the time proved to be uneventful, with the exception of an intensive impression that we were not welcome at that location and upon leaving, Rachel was pushed from behind (I was in front of her).

We spent a good deal of time listening through the voice recordings once we got back to my apartment. Most of the recording was empty aside from Rachel and I asking questions and the natural sounds that accompany being outside. However, about 2/3 of the way through the recording, we did pick up on a faint male's voice whispering something along the lines of, "Leave. Go away. You don't want to know." It was hard to tell the exact words being said, but it was clearly not background noise and even more clearly not Rachel or I speaking. At about 4:30am, I said goodnight to Rachel and headed to bed, where shortly after climbing into bed, I had another experience. I had just closed my eyes and clearly was not sleeping yet, but what happened next is hard to explain. The black void of my eyes being closed changed within a split second and suddenly I was standing outside at the location during the day time, only I couldn't see myself so I assume I was just seeing it from my point of view. Next I saw a little girl go running past me in a slow motion sort of fashion. She turned her head slightly as if to look back over her shoulder, but the most I ever saw of her was a side profile. She was wearing a light lavender dress and had a little past shoulder length dark blonde/light brown hair. There was no sound and it only lasted a couple seconds at most and I immediately snapped my eyes open. It was very similar to what a dream would feel like, but I wasn't sleeping. I hadn't been in bed long enough to fall asleep, and although I was tired, it takes being dead tired (no pun intended) just for me to begin to fall asleep. It was an experience that baffled me and when I relayed to Rachel what I had seen, she informed me that I had described Emily exactly as she had seen her that night when we were investigating.

To be honest, I don't really know what to make out of all of it. I know what I felt, I know what I heard, and I know what I saw. There is another part to this that will hopefully be posted soon. Comments/Questions/Suggestions are welcome!

Other hauntings by CJ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
jennifer314,

I very much agree that the little girl was trying to tell us something, from the thought forms both Rachel and I got during our initial investigation. There's more to tell in the next part, which I hope to have posted soon.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
DeviousAngel,

The next time I speak with Rachel, I will see about getting her to upload the EVP and sending it to me. My conclusion towards the voice is that it belongs to the older man, just by the tone, despite the fact that it was more along a whisper. There's more info to this story which I will include in the next part. But I will allow you to come to your own conclusion regarding the EVP once I am able to get it posted.
jennifer314 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
It was a great story. Can't wait to hear more about it. It seems that the girl is trying to tell you something even though the other two might not want you to know anything.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Is there any way that you can upload the EVP you recorded? I'm interested to hear the voice you mentioned, and see if maybe it belongs to either the boy or the older man you mentioned. It sounds like there was a lot of energy tied up in the place. Were you able to take EMF readings too? I would suggest if you go back, try taking some still photos and see if you come up with anything. Please keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: