You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Young Woman In The Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

The Young Woman In The Graveyard

 

I firmly believe in the supernatural, but I am not a religious person. I believe in demons, but I believe that they are separate from religion. This is not the most important or first experience that ever happened to me, but it is the one that scared me the most.

My family has a history of clairvoyants, especially in women, and I have also inherited this trait. I have been experiencing paranormal and psychic activities since the age of two. Whenever I am in the presence of some other-worldly being, I tend to have something close to a panic attack, where I cannot breathe and I start shaking, and sometimes I also smell strange scents that shouldn't be in the air. This has also happened to my mother, grandmother, and several other older relatives.

Last year, I went with my aunt (who is also a clairvoyant, but not as strong as myself or my mother) to put flowers on her mother-in-law's grave at this very old cemetery on the outskirts of my city. I had never been there before, but my aunt wanted me to come with her because she said she felt "spooky" when she went there almost like she wasn't alone. I first thought it might be kids fooling around in the woods that surround the area making her nervous, since a high school is nearby, but she described it to me as a supernatural presence, and seemed honestly afraid to be in the cemetery alone. We went through the gates and the place itself is rather creepy-looking, it's very large and kind of out of the way, and some parts are run-down. Almost immediately after we got out of the car, I smelled some sort of perfume (and even if my aunt was wearing some, this was very strong, and it was windy that day) and my chest tightened up. I felt the need to bolt for the gates and get out of there. I told my aunt and she said that was how she felt, and we hurriedly put the flowers on the grave and started walking back to the car.

I felt like someone was around, but I assumed it was someone else visiting a grave. I looked to the side out of the corner of my eye as we were walking, and saw a white blob. I stopped and looked directly at it, and saw a woman in a long, flowing dress darting in between graves about fifteen to twenty feet away. She had long hair. I couldn't see her face, but she was wearing something that was either a long nightgown or maybe a bridal gown, I couldn't tell. There's a lot of strange people in my town, so at first I dismissed it as a mentally disturbed woman, but I began to feel more and more uneasy as I watched. Then, she disappeared behind a tree and never came out the other side. I looked all around and there is nowhere she could've possibly gone. My aunt did not see her, but she felt something and we left as fast as we could. As soon as we were through the gates, the massive uneasiness I felt subsided.

For kicks, I decided to look up the cemetery on Google one day not too long ago, and found stories from other people on ghost websites, and they have seen the same woman. This is the first time other people outside of my family have reported the same thing I have, and it both scared me and excited me.

Other hauntings by mindflower

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mindflower, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mindflower (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Thanks for the comments, and the cemetery is called Montrepose Cemetery. Here's a link:

Http://hauntedhudsonvalley.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/1641974-montrepose-cemetery-in-kingston-ny-ulster-

This is just one story of many.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Wow, you should really contact bijouxmiu, a user on this site. It sounds like he/she (sorry didn't catch that part) could really use your help. At least take a look at the story, My Doctors Don't Believe Me- I Can't Be Crazy.

Thanks and just wanted to share that. Sounds like you have remarkable gifts, and I find it fascinating to read your post over and over again! Thanks for sharing!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
hmm you googled this cemetery. If you don't mind what is the name?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: