You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: It Came With The Train

Real Ghost Stories

It Came With The Train

 

This happened a few years back, I can't remember the exact year (2005-2006). My friends and I were fishing freaks; we went fishing every weekend as much as we could. Now we've gone to this particular area in Elk River, MN many times. The fishing area is under a small bridge for a single lane road, the river ends at a dam or concrete wall right under it passes the bridge.

To get to this site, you had to park behind a small business building and walk a wooded area down to the river, maybe 45 feet down. There's a little path made from people walking the same line down to the river, but to the right is tall grass about 2-3 feet high which stretches 3-4 feet into a wooded area. There's also a train track very nearby although we've never seen it, we know its there.

This particular night, we decided to go night fishing there. We've done this a few times before and were comfortable with the area. There were about 12-14 of us couples. For some weird reason, as soon as we got there, I had this huge uneasy feeling as if being watched or as if something was going to jump out at me. Despite my feelings of uneasiness, I decided it must just be me and my imagination, plus I'm afraid of the dark.

We built our fire and started fishing. We were there for a few minutes and I had to run back to the car for something. I forced my two friends to go with me. As I follow behind them through the tall grass, I can sense someone/something in the grass watching us. I was creeped out but didn't want to mention anything since my friends are believer of the supernatural too.

We got what we needed from the car and headed back. After a few minutes or half an hour, a train came by. All the times we've been there, we've never heard the train. As it came flying by, we can hear something falling off the train and rolling down the ditch to where we were along with a cry... This was not that of a person.

My guy friend and I fishing next to each other just looked at each other asking if anyone had heard it. No one said anything. A few moments later the tall bushes behind our fire started shaking hysterically as if it was windy. My friend sat in front of the bush and didn't feel any wind, no one else felt any wind, and it was a calm summer night. I was under the bridge fishing when I looked over and saw the bush. It wasn't swaying as if it was windy, it shook as if someone was under it and grabbed the bush and shook it with their bare hands.

This was the final straw. There was a group of people night fishing across the river from us too. But we couldn't stand to stay there no more. Finally my friends said "let's go to the store". We forced everyone to "go to the store". In my culture, it's believed if you experience anything or even if going home from an event, you don't say you're going home, in case something follows you home.

So we quickly packed up and left. We didn't want to go straight home in case it had followed one of us, so we headed to the store. Talking with my friends, they told me they had the eerie feeling as soon as we got there too. I wasn't the only one.

I don't know what it was, but it sure wasn't a ghost. It's more likely some kind of demon. Let me say, that was the last of night fishing for us!

Other hauntings by frmSTP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, frmSTP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cinnicandbear (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
My nephew goes fishing there a lot in the summer...scary. I also work right by the dam in an old school that has quite a few spirits in it. For some reason, there is a lot of supernatural activity in that whole area. Quite a few houses surrounding the old school and the dam have stories of supernatural events occuring in their homes... Enough so to make some people move. We had two psychics come through our building and found 5 different spirits but they said most of them were connected to the land and that area, not the building. What intrigued me about your story was the train tracks... Looking at old maps from 1890's it appears no main tracks ever went through there but there were train track branches that came off of the main tracks I suppose for logging and milling purposes. I'm still researching the train thing... That is really strange and interesting! Thanks for sharing!
bandet888 (86 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Could have been a real person hiding in the bushes with bad intentions (maybe some kind of criminal). Maybe that's why you sensed the evil. But you're never going fishing at night maybe at a different location again?
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
wow that was pretty crazy... Its good you guys said you'd go to the store... Good thinking. Most people would've just ran out of there screaming,would'nt even have time to think. 😨 I'm curious to know where this happened, I agree it would be good if some paranormal investigators went and hcecked it out. I can't think Of what It could've been, Actually I'm happy I dont.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Very freaky story! I've thought about it for some time and cannot figure out what was going on. If you find out any more information, please post and let us know. Thanks for sharing this!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
The other possibility is that the sound could have originated from the noise of the creature, whatever it was, getting struck by the train's wheels. I'm not sure if you've heard something get struck by a train before, but it is NOT a pretty sound, especially because something large or strong enough getting run over by a train can actually cause the train to derail or momentarily skip the tracks. Whatever it was, I don't think it will be coming back!

As far as the train, maybe you can look up and see if those tracks are still used? Perhaps it was a cargo train or something.
frmSTP (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thank you everyone for you comments! I tried researching this city because I really never paid attention to where the area we fished at is called as I was not the driver, I couldn't find anything on it.

Jmak: I have seen ghosts before and this did not feel like a ghost to me. I didn't see it (thank god!) so I can't confirm, only going off of my feelings.

DeviousAngel: I wish it was some sort of animal. We've been fishing there a good 4-5 times during the day and night. We saw the train tracks because it was a few feet up from an area further down the shore where we fished. I myself went further down the shore and saw the tracks, it looks old and unused. It could've been a ghost train, but it felt so real, we all heard it and felt the vibration of the train. This thing was not an animal. We hard it roll down the steep ditch when the train was passing, but it didn't scream or whimper like an animal in pain. It had a scream unlike any other creature I've heard, I thought it could've been a squirrel at first but I've heard squirrels before. After it rolled down, no more sound could be heard.

Again, thank you all for your comments!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Everyone knows that I am ever the skeptic, so I must ask, perhaps when the train went by, do you think it possible that it struck a wild animal on the tracks and sent it flying into the bushes? I know you had uneasy feelings too, which may have been due to paranoia since you said you were afraid of the dark and have had experience with paranormal activities before. Maybe just in the right place at the right time? I sincerely don't think that spirits can manifest themselves physically enough to be hammered by a train, and if it was, I don't think you had to worry about it following you home because it was probably very sore in the morning. 😆
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. What made you come to the conclusion that this was a demon and not a haunting? Was there ant interaction with anyone in your group with the thing that fell off the train? If not then to me it sounds like a residual haunting.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Interesting.

I've never heard of people "night fishing". (I've fished once in my life and only got a "bite" from a wood log).

Have you gone back to the site? Have you researched the area?
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
frmSTP: That was a creepy story. Thank you for sharing. Sometimes the atmosphere can be just right for something to come through to our dimension. It's like the scales swing into perfect balance.

You're senses were telling you that something just wasn't right and something was out there. I don't care what anybody says, you can feel when something or someone is watching you. It's a feeling unlike any other feeling. You can feel it all over your body.

Does that train usually run through there or is that just tracks left over from a train that used to run through there? Was that a Ghost Train? Whatever got off that train wasn't good at all. I'm glad you all didn't go straight home and remember if something happens like that again, to pray and ask God to keep whatever it is from following you and the other's home and to bind it and keep it there. I don't blame you, I wouldn't do anymore night fishing either, but in a way, I'm curious to know what it was that fell off of that train. Maybe some experienced Ghost Hunter's can go up there and check it out.
I'm happy you and your friends are safe.
God bless
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
thats scary man. & you werent the only one who felt it, huh? So messed up. That sucks that it ended your fishn' trips too man! Lol! But I believe you. Good story thanks ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: