You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It Was Like I Was Drugged

Real Ghost Stories

It Was Like I Was Drugged

 

I couldn't tell if this was a dream or not because I somehow had woken up in the early morning on my bed in my bedroom.

What had happened after a bad nightmare I woke up and I couldn't open my eyes properly. They were open half way but were really blurry, I tried forcing them open but they stayed the same. I then tried to move my body, but I couldn't move. It was like my whole body was paralyzed. I felt as if I were on anesthetics. I then saw a dark shadow right on the side of my bed; it looked like as if it was sitting there. Since my eyes were blurry I couldn't make out of what it was. I panicked and screamed as loud as I could, which wasn't so loud. It then disappeared and then I slowly began moving my fingers. My eyes were still pretty blurry so I forced myself to move my arm, I rubbed my eyes. They were still the same, blurry. I then looked at my watch, after 20 seconds of trying to figure out what time it was. It said it was 8:45 in the morning. I then went back to sleep and had another nightmare.

After I had woken up after four hours, I went around to ask my sisters if they had heard me scream in the morning. They said they didn't hear anything. It seemed so real but I think it was just a dream, a scary nightmare.

Is it just me being paranoid or is it actually real.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boob00_99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

boob00_99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
[at] Pisces

Yeah but I didn't know whether it was a dream or not. The sad thing is I still don't know whether it was a dream or not. I'm so confused about my experience that its making me very paranoid.
Pisces (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
hi

I have a similar story were I woke up and saw a figure standing in the corner of my room, I wasn't scared but I was completly drained of energy. I couldn't move at all. I then fell asleep and woke up in the morning and the figure was gone

Weird
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
hey brit, you thoughts makes more sense than any other posts iv'e read.
caspertheghost (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
i had that happen to me when I was really young. I woke up but my eyes weren't able to open all the way. It was still dark but there was a figure next to me. I have a projector clock on my ceiling and it said 5:30. The figure in the corner of my eye moved and I passed out. All the sudden I woke up and jolted upright. I looked at my clock and it said 7:30. It felt like a second. One of the strangest things ever.
Colettemedium (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
I think you had a 'vision' (Lame. I know.:P)
Seriously.
I think this thing its trying to mess with you. Just don't acknowledge it. Until it starts hurting you and such, sleep with a Bible and read it before you go to bed and during the day. It'll help.
-Colette
goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Hmmmmm that sounds like a dream but the way you describe it it dosn't sound like a dream so I reckon that if you had a death in the family recently I guess it could be that. But if not then I guess it's a dream or something more paranormal
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
hello, although there is no explanation of sleep paralysis, from my own experience and personal research, I believe this experience is associated with your pineal gland, a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain which affects the modulation of wake and sleep patterns, when we have nightmares we accept were dreaming, but when this experience happens in a semi conscious state of mind we dont, our nightmare is brought to reality because that is were you are when this gland is functioning (almost awake) it's usually generated by your own fear, I know it feels real and if you keep having problems with them let me know and I'll suggest a couple of idea's to get rid of them,
Britany06 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Were you sleeping on your back when this happend? This usually happends when your lying on your back, like staring straight up at the ceiling.

I would say roll over, but if your a wild sleeper like me, oh boy:-\ I haven't had a sleep paralysis in a while.
Hujo (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Ok, what you have experienced is most likely "Sleep Paralysis", but with this, there is no real explaination of why this happens. The old wise tales would say it is demons holding you down. Recently, I have experienced "Sleep Paralysis" as they say, but mine was slighly different. I was haveing a strange dream about a ghost in my house and it was causeing me to float around my house, I woke up and was thinking to myself how strange it was and had a felling of something being around me. It was 4am in the morning at the time. I fell back to sleep. Upon falling to sleep, it was if pictures were flashing very quikly through my head, this kept waking me up and I would roll over and fall asleep again only to be awakened by the same thing repeatedly... I fell asleep once more and it happened again, only this time I woke and began to move and suddenly my body "shut down" and my eyes slowly started to close and there was a loud humming noise. I had one eye open and seen flashing pictures in my other eye, I couldn't speak or move as I was telling myself "i can't die, I have to move, please let me move, make it stop!" in panic. It finnaly went away and I could move again... Very scary feeling, I understand your concern.

Unfortunatly... I don't believe there is much that can be done considering there is no diagnosis of this issue.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
I agree with Succubussed you could have been experiencing sleep paralysis. I have had that happen to me, but not with the dark figure hovering over me, but other things and I am not ready to get into that right now. You need to ask God to protect you before you go to sleep.
Succubussed (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
I'm sorry, Britany06, but I believe that you are incorrect. I believe that Boob00 09 DID suffer an episode of Sleep Paralysis, also known as "Old Hag" syndrome. If you do a little easy Internet research you'll see that people are often able to wiggle a finger and quite often believe that they are screaming (even barely) when others around them report hearing nothing.

Boob00 09, I would suggest that you Google "Sleep Paralysis". I think you'll find a lot of information that will seem familiar to you, including the dark figure sitting on the bed.

There is still some debate as to whether SP/OHS is a medical condition or a spiritual one, but either way, it's not that uncommon
boob00_99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
omgee. But I have never thought my house were ever haunted. Yes I have had a few dizzy spells that last for a few days only happening to me. I have never asked about the history of my house. If it happens again. I think I will do the salt thing
Britany06 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
I think something is haunting you. Whatever you do, don't get a ouija board, unless you want it to stay with you permanently. I'll see what I can find out about spirits holding people down. In the mean time, if I were you, I'd line my room with salt. Put some salt in a circle around your bed.
boob00_99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
No, I had another one recently. Maybe two weeks after the first one. Same thing happened except this time it was hovering over me and pinning me down. Still the same blurry eyed and stiff body. Still pretty creepy because I had nightmares before and after the dream happened exactly like the first time.
Britany06 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
One thing I can tell you, is that it wasn't Old Hag syndrome:-\ You wouldn't be able to open your mouth/move at ALL. You would see things and hear voices, but I'm 100% sure you wouldn't have been able to scream or move. I don't know what happened to you:-\

Was this the first time?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: