You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Communication With A Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Communication With A Poltergeist

 

I was 18 years old at the time of this event and I currently lived With guardians at the time. All of the family members there have had Some dealings with paranormal or unexplainable events happen to them Inside of that house.

I can't remember the exact time but I know it was dark outside, if I Had to guess I'd place it around 10-11pm. The house was empty except For my friend Rudy and I who were upstairs in my bedroom sitting Around shooting the breeze. We were talking about some kids in our High school when the electronic fan I placed in my window made a Beeping sound and let it's twin fans whirr. We both took note of it But I knew it was just a feature the fan had, once the air in my room Would get too hot it would turn on for a second or so to cool the air. This on and off effect occurred every 40 minutes to an hour so I Didn't think anything of it at the time.

However, the noise did make a noticeable pause in the conversation so To get back on track I grinned towards my friend and said "Like my Devil fan?". Right after I said that the fan Beeped again and let It's fans whirr on for a second, then it turned off again. A few Things about this made me uneasy, the fact that it beeped more than What it was accustomed to (and I have owned that fan for years before And it always beeped only in 40 minutes to hour bursts depending on The temperature outside), how I had said the word "Devil", and perhaps The most unsettling part was how it beeped in such a conversational Beat with Rudy's and my discussion to follow. That part stuck to me The most, just how it didn't beep randomly seconds after we asked it Something or interrupt with a beat before we finished asking our Questions; it was always beeping at the perfect time as if something Intelligent was talking back.

I could tell we both felt a little apprehensive about this but neither One of us wanted to let the other know we were uneasy so we shot each Other sheepish grins. Rudy chuckled and said "Ohh man! Hah hah, maybe Somethings trying to talk to us"

Beep! Whirrrrr

Still keeping up with this uneasy game I jokingly asked "Is something Actually there?"

Beep! Whirrrr

Rudy and I looked at one another not quite believing this was Happening to both of us and we were hearing the same thing. Feeling More uneasy about this I tried to laugh it off and joked to Rudy "I Think whatever it is, it's going to get you Rudy".

Dead Silence from the fan.

A very frightening feeling came over me and my smile curdled on my Lips as I got the impression that whatever was controlling the fan was Thinking "No. Guess again"

My friend Rudy noticed the silence--and I later found out felt the Same impression from it's refusal to answer my statement. Rudy, very Serious and calmly said, "No, not me; it's going to get you [me]; Confirm that your going to get Josh"

Beep! Beep! Beep! Whirrrrrrrrr!

Rudy and I sat up straight looking at each other shocked and in Disbelief. Rudy let out a scared yell and we got up to run out of the Room. As we were running the fan went hay wire. The fans stayed on And the electronic beep was going off like an alarm.

Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep! Whirrrrrrr!

It felt that whatever it was, was laughing at us maliciously and the beeps beat Kept that tempo. It kept beeping and we could hear it go for another Half a minute or so from where we were listening downstairs. We kept Our ears strained for any more noise and a few moments later heard Heavy footsteps walk around directly above us (my room was also Directly above us). We wanted to leave so we gave ourselves a pep Talk and charged upstairs to grab our shoes and phones.

Nothing happened when we went back in the room and I strode to the fan to unplug it. I Remember standing there, hands clenched and trying to not let fear Creep into my voice, said in a stern and commanding voice, "I don't Know what you are, and I mean no disrespect by unplugging the fan, but You do not own this home and you will not make yourself known to me Anymore".

We left the house that night. I think confronting the poltergeist helped, events still happened to the other family members of the house, heavy labored breathing, cats meowing in the night (we owned no pets, not even a hamster) and doors slamming. However I think it got the message not to bother me, and I have the feeling it was my respect for it and my unwillingness to let it keep messing with me.

I wrote this mainly out of just wanting to tell the story to people who would believe it, most other people just laugh at it thinking it's ridiculous. But maybe there are those among you reading this that have a poltergeist mess with you, from my experience my advice would be to stand up to it with a calm and commanding attitude. Hope it helps.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Desertfox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Very very very creepy. Are you still liveing in that house?

Tori ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
I used to knock on the wall as a kid and sometimes I would get knocks right back. I never thought to ask questions but it was entertaining to me because I would have to find where the knocking was coming from because as soon as I found it the knocking would start on a completely different wall in the room. I had a ghost of some sort during that time and I think it wanted attention. Fortunately it never tried to cause harm or be malicious, I just think it was lonely.
Phobic1981 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
You mentioned that the previous owners of the house had an addict/pyro son. Is it possible that he has since passed on? Perhaps his spirit returned to the house. Troubled people can turn into troubled spirits, so it's a possibility for you to think about.
Desertfox (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I'm not sure why there would be something there. I asked my guardians what the history of the house was, before us there was only one other family living there. If anything, there were no deaths that took place, but apparently the other family had a son who was a drug addict/pyro who would break into the house at night to steal things (when my guardians first moved in there were locks on every door in the house) and even one time set a room on fire.

Other than that I don't know of any other events that could have caused the strange experiences in the house.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Hi Desertfox thanks for sharing, I believe there definitely may have been something trying to scare or communicate with you guys after hearing all the other events you say happen in the home. I don't think its a poltergeist maybe just a restless spirit looking for aknowlegment and attention, but by the way have you have told it how you feel hopefully things go well for you. Can I ask what is the history of the house why do you think something would dwell there?

Thank you again for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: