You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demons 2

Real Ghost Stories

Demons 2

 

Thank you all that responded to my first part with so much compassion and insight. It was a long childhood journey for me. No two ways about it. I never had another visitation, but my awakening nightmares didn't stop for five years. I became very weak the first year and it made no difference what my mother or doctors tried my awakening nightmares and my physical deterioration got worse. My nightmares always came in clusters and only at night. Peace for a few days, then a deluge of awakening nightmares. Then back again with a vengeance for two weeks every night. I lost a lot of weight during that year and was put on vitamins to stop my deterioration. Antibiotics were not working. After the awakening nightmares would leave for a few days I would play cars with my brother in the yard and be very happy. But I always felt lethargic, weak and listless. I sometimes went off by myself and sat alone. Although I had fun playing cars with my brother, in the back of my mind I always had a lingering fear. I became very afraid of the night.

On many nights, nothing came. Suddenly when I least expected, they would come again in droves. An old Mexican Bruja lady in the neighborhood named Dona Maria came by one day and talked to my mother. She said she heard about this little boy running through the neighborhood screaming at night. She spoke mostly Spanish, and little English. She came over and looked at me and said something to my mother in Spanish. I learned later that she told my mother that this boy is very weak. And also very sensitive. I have no idea why, but my mother allowed this lady to take me home with her.

I spent the next six months praying with her every morning, noon, afternoon and at night before I went to bed. She not only taught me how to pray in Spanish but also "The Our Father, and "The Hail Mary in English." Every day when we were not praying, I learned to speak Spanish and read Spanish. I ate great breakfasts and had wonderful dinners when I lived there. My nightmares went away. I had a wonderful time living with her. But things changed after several months. She came to me one morning and asked me: "Was that you walking around last night?" I had no idea what she was talking about, and said: "No." This went on for several weeks, and she kept asking me every morning for the next few weeks: "Why are you walking around at night? What are you doing walking around in the middle of the night? I can hear you." And I would answer: "I don't walk around at night. It's not me."

One morning she shook me awake and said: "Come with me. I want to know what this is." She was very agitated. Come here! Come here!" She walked me to my bathroom. Outside the door to my bathroom on the floor was a pile of feces. I had no idea how it got there. I ended back at home, and the nightmares began again for the next five years. After my next bout, my mother sent me to live with my aunt, because she could not miss any more work. I lived there for two months and never had a nightmare. After two months of living with my aunt and no more nightmares I went back home. Two days later, my nightmares came back with a vengeance.

Other hauntings by DannyBruise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannyBruise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Sounds like a real haunted house to me. If the nightmares are only there it could be one of two things. A spirit (or demon) or the fact that it seems like your mother doesn't have time for you, and you feel this and do not wish to feel it. And so the nightmares set in because your mind knows you will be sent else where to live.

I am no sceptic, just simply saying. I will pray for you, even if this has since stopped. I feel you need the prayer. Good Luck! 😉
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Danny: Wow!...That doesn't sound like a coincidence to me!...I'm sitting here with goose-bumps!...I hope that's another piece to the puzzle 😊
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
zzsgranny
I find what you found fascinating. My father is half Yaqui Indian. Yaquis' are Southwestern U.S. Native Americans. But the most interesting part of your comment is that my mother's side that is French, are all from all over Colorado. My mother and father met in Denver, Colorado.
Maybe sometimes in my father's drunken stupors he would brag about being from Indian Row and it might have stayed in the back of my mind somewhere.

Thanks so much for your post.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
here's another tid bit you may be interested in: a man named John Simpson Smith was at one time a very well known interpreter for native americans, as he was married to one... He and a couple of others built a double cabin and settled the area now known as Denver. Their name for it? "Indain Row"...Are you or was your natural father from Denver?...This may shed some light on that curious statement...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Danny: I googled (what did I ever do without google? 😆) Indain Row, and what I came up with is, it's a street of Indian restaurants in N.Y.C...Now that's not to say that that's the only place "Indain Row" exists, we have our own Chinatown here in Vegas... Nothing close to N.Y.C. I'm sure...But, maybe someone from your family's past was injured in some way by a relative?...Just a guess, I'm good at that! 😊
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
yeah devious angel I thought someone with your great knowledge should know that the world is balanced.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
DeviousAngel
BTW, Not believing in Demons is no different than not believing in Angels. It's like saying I don't believe there is a negative force. And I think there is nothing but a positive force. The world doesn't work that way DeviuosAngel. Wish it did. Unfortunately for me, I felt the negative force.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
DeviousAngel
I learned to deal with the facts of my father's death. Years of psychotherapy.
What no one could explain, even as I write this blog, is the incredible negative energy I experienced as a seven year old.
And the other thing I wonder is couldn't this man that came into my room say something other than: "I am the man from Indian Row?"
I'm an artist. I dream in color every night. But when my nightmares come, they are in black and white.

But just so you and everyone that posts on my story knows, I am so happy that I'm not alone.
Thank you so much.
Danny
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Thank you so much for your responses.
I never expected this kind of insightful response.
I'm so impressed with all of your input and understanding. WOW!
I am speechless.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I have to take the time to thank you for being so candid, and for baring your soul to us... I think your experiences were real... And that you could sense the grief, pain, and frustration that your mother had to be dealing with, even though at the time, you couldn't understand it because you didn't know... The only way that your young mind could handle it, was to let it manifest in other ways... Something similar to a poltergeist (I hope I spelled that right!)...Am I right in assuming that you blocked out the tragic event of your father's death?...I know that I can remember things from when I was four... Like the assassination of J.F.K...But the reason that I can recall it is that's one of the few times I ever saw my mother cry... Such a traumatic event will either be recalled often, or totally blocked out...Anyway, in my opinion, your experiences were paranorml, not abnormal... You were not then, or are you now, crazy!...I'm glad you learned to forgive your mom... That was an important step for you... Well, I've rambled enough for one post...Again, thank you for giving us all something to think about! ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
By the way, I was touching on what Devious said below... As his post gave me the idea of Past regression therapy to help you release this negative memory.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Danny,
you were in the room when your father was shot, correct? You may have been too young for your conscious mind to remember, but the subconscious is never too young, being the immortal spirit-- the true soul. This part of you remembers that traumatic event. Your daytime nightmares--along with everything else you experience that may be negative-- may be cured through regression therapy. I have been researching this topic lately. Patients with similiar tramatic events, are hypnotised, and brought back to relive the experience. You are never too young for the subconscious to recall a particular event. By re-experiencing the murder of your father, your subcon can let that go... And hopefully the negative energy it had stored inside you, like a battery.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I think your nightmares may have in part been brought on by the traumatic situation that you were present for. Why your siblings did not suffer the same thing, I cannot say, except that maybe you are more sensitive to it. I think in part the explosion of spiritual energy present when someone dies a violent death is likely what attached itself to your dreams. Also because it was something that was suppressed for so long, it could have been what was making you ill.

I'm really interested to hear anything else about your life and your experiences. Thank you for sharing, though I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is for you to talk about all of this now.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
The house I swear, I had the same problem with my grandmothers house. Terrible dreams for years until I moved. The house plays tricks on you, even in your dreams.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Wardo
My awakening nightmares left after I turned twelve. In a strange way, I think it was because of my step father when I had another nightmare. He simply told me I was crazy. I became determined to deal with my awake nightmares. So many crazy things I did during those times. As crazy as it sounds, one of my weapons against these nightmares was a nice bowl of soup and cottage cheese and a glass of cool aid. Like a robot, once my nightmares would begin, I would follow this ritual.
And always make sure there was not single wrinkle on my sheets, my pillow nor my blanket.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
_Pretty_
There is not enough room nor time on this website to tell about every one of my awakening nightmares that lasted for years. I think you get the gist of what happened If anything, I lost a lot of faith in God and my family through those years. My family at one point seriously thought I was crazy.
And zzsgranny.
For so many years I resented my mother for not telling me the truth that my father never died in world war two, nor was he a hero.
So many lies to hide the fact about the death of my father.
It was my older sister that told me when I was twenty one that my brother, her and I (me at the age of four) were at the table when my mother came behind my father and shot him in the back of the head.
Everything fell into place for me.
I began to understand why my mother would come home drunk in the middle of the night for years and wake us kids up and listen to her begin to cry and rant: "Why me? Why me? I was a good girl, Why me? I never did anything wrong. Why me? I believe in God, Why me? She would lay her head on my lap and cry.
So many times it would last until the sun came up. Even on school nights. Then she would fall asleep on the floor, and we would be so burned out, we would just go to sleep.
Once I learned the truth, I changed. When I first went through therapy, I hated my mother.
When I learned the truth, I began to love my mother. When she passed away, we were so much closer than anyone in the family without her knowing I knew the truth about her pain. I do give credit to my therapist when he told me to let her pass on with her secret.
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Oh nice how you ended it cmon man you can't do that to me! Just playin... But yes you should pray...ALOT
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice that your nightmares went away during the times when you were not living in your home... I know you've gone over your childhood in therapy, but just for argument's sake, was there a lot of negativity in your home?...Maybe you are what is called an "empath", in that you can sense other's feelings, sometimes before they are even aware of them... Not only their feelings, but state of mind also... So someone in the household had some mental instabilities that you were picking up on?...This subject really interests me, I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Yes,please pray and ask your guardian angel to help you, hope everything is well now,
God Bless!

Claudia
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
So have your nightmares stopped then? Is this something that only happened when you were younger or does it still plague you today? I'm only wondering if you need help with your situation or are just sharing. Let us know and we will do whatever we can to help you! The Lord's prayer and Hail Mary are very powerful, especially when said back to back like that. God bless you and I hope all is well!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: