You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Bingo Says Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Bingo Says Goodbye

 

When I was a kid, I used to visit my grandmother's place almost every day. They had two cats. One was Bingo, the other was Salem, and my family loved the two young cats, but soon there would only be Salem left.

You see, I was a cub scout and I was on the way to a den meeting. My mom and I were about half way there when we got the news. At that time, I just couldn't believe the cat was dead and I thought it was just a joke. But after my experiences, I knew the sad news was true. The next thing I couldn't believe was how sad I was that night.

When I got home, I went to my room to rest so I could clear my mind. When I woke, it was around 1 in the morning. I thought I was going to get up to get a snack, but what I got instead was a greeting from our little black and white friend, Bingo. (I would have preferred the snack more than seeing a ghost though.)

The next day, I told my parents what happened that night. My mom told me that she saw Bingo around 2 in the morning. That somehow made me feel better. I knew that Bingo wasn't trapped in this world, but he was just saying goodbye... Or was he?

Every once in a while I can still see him walk by or hear him scratching at the door in my house or in my grandmother's house. Sometimes I will feel him jump on my bed. He is still here and I have tried almost everything that will make him pass on but I can't. I want to help him, but I need help. Please tell me what to do!

Other hauntings by justin102798

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justin102798, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Casper-ess (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hey Justin102798...I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved cat.It's hard to lose anyone we love dearly & pets are no exception. Their unconditional love are what I most love about pets & I can say that it was def residual coming through for sure. You might even get more visits from time to time... But I wouldn't worry about trying to help your puss pass over...it'll know when it's time... Just remember all the great times you've had & keep the memories alive like that. Take care!
Oh & another thing I'd like to say too like a few of you that have commented on here...there's def no need to be rude or inconsiderate to anyone on this site...it's sooooo uncalled for... If you don't like it... Then don't comment... Enough said! 😁 😠
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
I am sorry about your grandma's cat I too lost some of my cats three em died diffrent years right now I have my own ghost cat that are not my cause before I move down here this house I seen wall tears that look like cat claws them... Later on I feel a ghost cat come to me it very friendly.
Partykiller (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Weird, I thought I heard a meowing while reading this story... Or was it just my head? I don't know. I'm as confused as you are.
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
and a message to everyone, I still am open to any situations and answers via E-mail.
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
At lone wolf, your comments were not hostile. I appreciate the advice and I hope to keep in contact. 😁 😊 😁
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Again, I apologize for my previous messages. I read them after I sent them and they sound so hostile! Totally not my intent. Anyway, by this point I see that you post quite a bit. In regards to the cat. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Some ghosts just hang out for a while to make sure everybody's ok. Some hang out for quite a while. It's not something to worry about as I highly doubt that Bingo means any harm.
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I'm scared! 😨 😨 Thanks though... I think...Um, this is akward... 😨
ghousthunter123456789 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Dude, you are my favorite author! You are awesome! 😁 😁 😁 I just joined this site, but before that, I read almost all of the other stories and yours are my favorite!
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Flakjaket, I'm 20.
Thank you everyone.
I'm glad that this is residual!
Soon I'll have many more stories coming your way.
Keep track of my stories!
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Hi Justin, I know this is off topic, but how old are you? Well, hope to hear from you soon!
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Hi justin102798
It certinley looks like a residual haunting allright id say the cat's spirit has now moved on and is at peace it's lovely to have all the memories though. My father R.I.P.allways had cats when we were kids and I still rember them one of them especially I never seen any of them after passing though I wish I had. I enjoyed your story though take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you...

By the way thetruth666 you should have more respect for other peoples feelings on this site we are all entitled to our opinions but be more mannerley in the way you go about it...
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
it depends in you if you want to get rid of it or just letting it doing things in your house if he is lonely...

If you really love him, you must not get rid of him!

Just advice
By:cutechoy (my nickname) ❤ ❤ ❤
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Thanks SOO much guys. It's so nice to know that this is residual and it's also nice to know that you guys can relate and that you know that this is TRUE (wink wink, Thetruth666) 😐
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
First, Thetruth666, a bit more consideration towards the respect of those who post on this site would be nice. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there is nothing wrong with that, but there is certainly a much more tasteful approach to offering your opinion than in the way you responded to Justin's account. If you don't necessarily agree with what's been posted, try explaining why. Ask some questions. Flaming in a quick immature way isn't too cool, but that's just my opinion.

Onto you Justin...

I can relate very well to what you have described in this account. I had a cat named Clovis that was very dear to me, as I'd had him since I was in 3rd grade (when he was just a little kitten) until the point in time that he died shortly after my niece was born in 2004 (I graduated from high school in 2002). We had a special relationship and I won't be able to forget him. I was the last one to see him alive (other than the Vet of course), and because of the circumstances, I felt very guilty that I was unable to be by his side when he passed. For the longest time afterward, I would see signs of him: the little mouse toy that was tied onto the back of the computer chair by a shoe string would move periodically as if something was playing with it, I would sometimes feel something jump onto the end of my bed at night (just like Clovis used to do), and would also sometimes feel a brief brush up against my leg. Only difference between me and you is that I never visually saw Clovis again after he passed, so I would consider the fact that you saw Bingo after his passing as something very special.

With a lack of interaction between you and Bingo after his passing, I would say your experience is nothing more than a residual haunting at most and you can probably rest assured knowing that Bingo is at peace now and you still have your memories of him. 😊

Thank you for sharing your story!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Hi Justin as Wardo mentioned I believe your cat has moved on and is resting in peace mate I wouldn't worry bout it to much just be happy for him and think of the fond memories.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Hey Justin,

Don't worry man it's probably just a residual pet haunting. I truly believe that his energy has returned to the collective. He isn't trapped like a human spirit could be for a limited time, but it's just residual energy... Things he used to do a lot will echo for some time probably. It could take many years for that to dissipate. So don't worry, your pet is likely resting in peace! God bless!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
the same thing happened with my nephew & his kitty. I believe you. I don't know how to help it pass though, sorry. & I believe that the truth is people should be a bit more considerate of one anothers stories & feelings. This story isn't to far fetched. Good luck justin!

~LSD~ ❤ ❤ god bless you
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
What do you mean?

Oh. If you mean that my stories are real, I'll say this: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? 😠 😠 😠

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: