You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Attached Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Attached Spirit

 

I have been dealing with this spirit or something for around 8 years now. My parents never seem to notice but I do.

When I was ten I started hearing pots and pans in the kitchen banging around midnight every night. My parents even heard these sounds but put it off as a mouse. Then the noises stopped after about three months. I never heard anymore sounds for almost 6 years. I was a junior in high school and my parents were remodeling the house when the sounds started back up. I would hear footsteps down the hall at night toward my door. It would stop at my door and breathe very heavily for almost 20 minutes. After 3 months it stopped. My parents never heard this.

I am a college freshman now and live with my grandparents, who live close to the college I attend. Last night I was in my room up late doing homework and I heard that footsteps and breathing sound again. I tried to ignore it and continue my homework until it stopped. So I went to take a shower around 11:30pm. I had just stepped out of the shower and I heard the breathing outside of the bathroom door. I tried to ignore it but then the door knob started moving a little bit and then just stopped. Scared to death, I opened the bathroom door and ran to my room and I heard that same laugh again! My grandparents act like they heard nothing because I don't think they did.

I also feel like I'm being watched at times and my room becomes very cold. I also smell a horrible smell sometimes in my room when I first get back from school/work and it usually goes away after 20 minutes.

Could this spirit be attached to me somehow?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iheartnewyork, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AlwaysHaunted (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
I understand what you are going through. I am a empathic medium, and have a few that pretty much cling on to me.
As far as that "horrible smell" goes. That doesn't sound too good. Usually something like that is associated with a negative entity. I would honestly nip in the bud now. Before it gets any more out of hand.
The things that it is doing does sound like taunting to me, or that it does get a kick out of scaring you. Put your foot down and make sure that you don't act frightened even if you may be. Never give it what it wants. I would seek spiritual help on this if ignoring it doesn't work. Some spirits are known to basicly throw temper tantrums when not getting the attention that they are seeking. But over a bit of time they get the hint and go away.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
I doubt the church would agree to an exorcism at this point. A priest may recommend a blessing first. Not sure if that would have any effect, considering this being seems to be following you and not centered in any one place. Many ways you can shake this thing off you... Be aggressive and take your life back.
iheartnewyork (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Ok. That you guess so very much. I will try all of your suggestions!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Yes ghosts can be attached to a person. The japanese call them onryo.

Cold Iron is often an effective deterrent to ghosts.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Absolutely call in a priest. This is as good a first step as a last resort. A priest will be able to send it packing, whatever it is. I would at least pray and maybe confess any sins that are on your conscience. You could at least have a priest bless the house, if it's not quite time to perform an "exorcism". God bless you and I hope you find answers!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
hi I would tell someone you trust and close with, read psalm 23 from the bible is a prayer for protection, try not to let this thing know that you are afraid, as they feed on fear, (easy for me to say) hope things get better
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Yes as pretty has mentioned the smell and the laughter that you experienced is not normally a good sign I would try demanding it to leave whenever you feel something is not right or when something happens. It is definitely trying to scare you and the more you are scared by it the more it will do it.
You need to take control of the situation there are a number of ways and techniques explained on this site to help you. Good luck.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
iheartnewyork (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Could I call in a priest to exorcise it? It really scares me. I do not know what it wants with me! Or would exorcising it make it more angery? 😭
iheartnewyork (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Im the only one who notices this stuff. If I told them they would think I was crazy. I know it is rediculous that my parents thougt a mouse could move the pots and pans. But they do not believe in ghost so they have to make up an excuse for everything! The laughter sounded like a man! It sounded evil and it lasts for several seconds. I have only heard it when I become very scared. The smell almost reminds me of road kill. It smells very bad. I have tried to ignore it but it does not seem to stop.
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
The smell sounds like a demon to me the rest a ghost but either or are possible has any of your friends notice any other family member or are you the only one
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
also, seems rediculous that your parents would blame a mouse for some pots and pans banging against one another. Can you describe this laughter? You only mentioned it briefly... Also this smell.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
This certainly sounds like a problem for you. This laughing you described, something is getting a kick out of scaring you. I wonder, as hard as it may be, if you were able to no longer entertain it, showing absolutely no fear, if it would move along in search of another gig. There are a number of other ways you may be able to shake this thing. Have you tried anything yet?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: