You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House Is Haunted And Is Harming My Child

Real Ghost Stories

My House Is Haunted And Is Harming My Child

 

Around about four months ago me and my partner decide to sleep down stairs with my 2 children because it was to cold up stairs, as the weeks went by we started hearing light banging coming from the main bedroom which is mine and my partners room, a couple of weeks onwards the banging got louder and closer, and started to sound like someone was running up and downstairs.

I decided to put my 2 boys in my bedroom for the night. At 2 o'clock in the morning my 2 year old son started screaming which was unusual because he usually sleeps all through. As I went upstairs to him he was screaming really bad and shaking. I brought him downstairs and sat him on the sofa, and I noticed a red mark on his leg which looked like a hand print.

As the months have gone on its got worse. Objects have been moved toys are being moved and played with and keep going off even though we have switched them off. The banging is like things are being chucked around but as we have checked nothings been moved and it's banging on the wall.

We have seen shadows on the wall but very rare. There are also cold spots in the room, the doors keep opening and closing and as we go upstairs we hear a creek in the landing when all of us are in the room. It feels like we are being watched at night and in the room certain spots go ice cold. When I'm in bed I have a cold tingling sensation go up my leg as though someone is touching it. We have also heard like a whispering noise. My son has woken up four different nights with marks on his body. My dogs keep staring at the same spot in the living room every night barking and growling, The banging has got worse this last month, as I woke up today my children was still asleep, my Nan collected my one year old and my 2 year old was still asleep as he woke up I noticed a mark down his neck we took a closer look and it was a big hand print which we have video recorded.

This is no joke I would like some advise many thanks pinkyred

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkyred, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
Greetings if I may first express my sympathies for your family having to endure this primarily your children. Now onto business I am a spiritualist and exorcist useing eastern methods is my specialty. My best advice to you is no doubt going to seem a tad more simple then the others here however I assure you it is just as effective. Purify the house with sage every room and each door and window as well. A circle of salt around the beds will protect those sleeping within them. Also keep wild roses in your rooms if at all possilbe for negitive spirits are for some reson repelled by them. If this is ineffective or if there is anything more you can tell me please feel free to contact me by the email on my profile. My best wishes upon you and your family.

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to your family. I know how frightening and upsetting it is to have something bad happen to your child that you cannot control. Honestly, I think the best thing to do is to outrightly tell this thing to leave, go away, and stop bothering your family. It doesn't sound like a poltergeist to me because those generally just make noise and throw things around; it's not typical that they try to hurt people. As others have said, cleansing your house would be a good idea. I don't think leaving it will help, because it's possible that whatever it is has attached itself to your child. If none of the above works, bringing in a paranormal expert might be the next action of choice. Do your best to be sure and reinforce to your son not to be afraid of this thing, and to let him know you are there for him and you believe him. Surround him with your love and protection, and this negative entity will not be able to feed off of him so long as he is heavily shielded by your love and positivity.

Best of luck, and please let us know how this progresses.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
The best advise I can think to give you is (forgive me please if I offend anyone) GET THE HELL OUT OF THE HOUSE. Nothing is worth jeapordising your kids for believe me. Please find some other place as quickly as possible. God bless you and your kids.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Hi Pinkyred. I am based in the UK and know of a few ways you can deal with this. Please feel free to email me on: oglegen (at) gmail.com
Alivia_Valliance (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
[at] goatkiddie:
That isn't what a poltergiest is. A poltergiest doesn't have a singular mind or intention, it just wrecks havoc. These entities are created when a person (teenagers in particular) is incredibly depressed and creates a mass of negative energy which works on its own. It has nothing to do with a passing spirit.

When a child is in danger then it's a serious matter. This does look like the possible work of a poltergiest, but it could be a spirit rendered silent by a more powerful entity. You may have a minor demon (if it gets worse) infestation or just a wrong-doer who is confused and terrefied of judgement.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Lorica of Patrick

Lorica of Saint Patrick
I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through a belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
Of the Creator of creation.

I arise today
Through the strength of Christ's birth and His baptism,
Through the strength of His crucifixion and His burial,
Through the strength of His resurrection and His ascension,
Through the strength of His descent for the judgment of doom.

I arise today
Through the strength of the love of cherubim,
In obedience of angels,
In service of archangels,
In the hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
In the prayers of patriarchs,
In preachings of the apostles,
In faiths of confessors,
In innocence of virgins,
In deeds of righteous men.

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
From snares of the devil,
From temptations of vices,
From every one who desires me ill,
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.

I summon today all these powers between me and evil,
Against every cruel merciless power that opposes my body and soul,
Against incantations of false prophets,
Against black laws of pagandom,
Against false laws of heretics,
Against craft of idolatry,
Against spells of women and smiths and wizards,
Against every knowledge that corrupts man's body and soul.
Christ shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that reward may come to me in abundance.

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through a belief in the Threeness,
Through a confession of the Oneness
Of the Creator of creation

St. Patrick (ca. 377)
goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
I believe that this is called a poltergiest most likely a spirit that failed to cross to the other side and he remains, and he's in your house.
Colettemedium (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Hmm. It seems as if you have some type of paranormal activity. A lot of it, actually. I think that maybe you should research the history on your house, if possible. I'm not sure what else could actually help in this certain situation, since it is almost like it won't be ignored. But I wish you well on your travel, and what might help is sleeping with a Bible. It usually helps. Please, make sure your children DO NOT sleep in your room upstairs, that is where it started, correct? Well, Good Luck. -Colette
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
At my church you can have the priest have everyone in mass pray for you something like that may help. God bless
char1y (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
I think the first thing you need to rule out is if this thing is connected to the house or the people in the house. Do you have family near by? Some where that you can go to for a few nights with your children. If its actually hurting your children then that should be the first thing you rule out otherwise doing things like blessing the house and bringing in the church or investigators can just anger what ever this is and make things much much worse. If you find out first what it is atached to then you will have a better chance of success in ridding your family of this being by knowing what approch to attack it with.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
It sounds like a job for a Catholic priest. They can come to your home and perform a ritual for some amounts of money, only for their time and livelihood. Have an actual blessing ceremony and fill the home with people you love and trust who would be willing to participate in this type of thing. Hope this helps! God bless you and your family and may you find the help you need!
crazyhorse (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
this has happened too me actually see I am a navajo. A witch or skinwalker has scratched me the way I got rid of the marks was too say a prayer and get juniper berries and sage. You get the sage and put it in water. You have too get dry cedar not the wood but the green leave like that grow on it. You budn that make sure its dry. Then use the sage too brush it off
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
put a bowl of salt mixed with white vinegar in your child's room say psalm 91 and 71 out loud three times morning noon and night and feel the prayer working through you.

You could burn sage or chyanne pepper mixed with mustered seed, I recommend both they work wonders clearing out a house.

If these do not work contact me at ab42berry [at] yahoo.com and we can work from there.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
hi, it would be a good idea to get the house blessed, psalm 23 is a prayer for protection, read this out aloud and remember that god is with you, we have a spirit in our home a child, who does no harm and is here to protect my son who is 9 with special needs, shes a kind spirit child we call her our special angel. Di
Hujo (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
This is very common with demons. As everyone else had mentioned, you could try to get a preist involved. Maybe having your son blessed can protect him, but this does not mean the events will stop completly. It is know that deamons follow certain people and not just a specific place. I would start with getting your son blessed if you are religious.
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
In doing research for some of the situations I had to deal with. I met someone who had gone through what you are going through. Only it was his daughter being targeted. He told me that they met with a woman who was clairvoyant and they discovered this spirit was another child. He said, and I use this a lot, is that he started talking very firmly with the spirit and told it to stop or leave. He said he actually started to tell this spirit to go to the light. He said after a few weeks they were never bothered again.
Hope this helps, remember fear only makes the situation worse.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
get the church involved & get some prayer. Unfortunately a lot of people are under the common misconception that you can simply get a priest to bless, a lil' holy water & a cross, maybe a bible & yer good. Well sadly it's not that simple. You can do all that but if you arent walking with the Lord than it's not very effective. I don't mean to insult any one & I don't mean to preach. I'm really concerned about the children. I will pray for you, but please seek some help near you NOW. Unfortunately we can't just pop over there from state to state LOL! My broom isn't that fast! Just kidding. But on a serious note please get involved with a local church, only if you are open to that? If not, do get some kind of spiritual help right away. Tell those demons to leave you & your children alone in Jesus' name! Claim your ground & ask the Holy Spirit to protect you children. Again if you are open to that, open to Christ. & I think BloodzOrchid has some good advice too! You just really need to take control of the situation as soo as possible. Thanks for sharing & God bless you & your family ❤ ❤ ❤

~LSD~
LewisR (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Very spooky story. I recommend you get the house blessed, or simply move out of there for the safety of your children. I hope you make the right decision.
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Hi I lived in a house with similar things going on for over three years. Eventually we moved as it became too much to cope with. My children had covers pulled off their bed, we were pushed and prodded. We heard talking/voices and even witnessed white mist, black shadows etc. We had objects thrown at us including heavy things like irons and books. We tried every thing including having the house blessed.
Just keep a close eye on your kids. Feel free to email me if you wish. Hope things improve. God bless
BloodzOrchid (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
I lived through something like this once when I was younger. I didn't find out until later that it was a demon. It happened again to me later in life when I got my very first apartment. I was older & wiser then, When it started up I was educated on how to deal with it. I tried to clense the apartment myself and it worked for a while. It started up about 6 months later and I tried to have it blessed but it didn't work out. I ended up having to move to a new apartment and I lived there for a few years before it stated up again. The events started to arise at my new place was caused by witchcraft. I found out who it was but I couldn't stop it & again had to move. I would go seek out a priest or whomever you feel nessessary or is according to your religon. Usually these events can be stopped but unfortunately not always. Sometimes you either have to live with it or leave. These things can start randomly & without notice & they don't always need to be provoked, Sometimes it just happens. My mother is more educated than me with a lot of things like this. If you need more help or have anymore questions please email me, I'll try to help you anyway I can. I would first suggest that you try to find some dried sage. Burn it and pray for the light to surround you, your family & your home & actually demand out loud that the evil leave.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: