You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Story Becomes Real

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Story Becomes Real

 

This is still hard for me to believe but I'll try to explain this the best I can...

I work as a security officer for a company here in Ireland, and often get sent to different places to work. On this occasion I was working at a wind farm in the middle of nowhere all by myself... It wasn't all that bad as I had a cabin with a heater and lights and a TV to watch. It was coming up to Christmas (deck 17th) and the wind farm crew had headed back home and closed up to site, which was great cause it meant I could enjoy Christmas too.

After Christmas I got a call from my boss to say they were due back to work that day and could I be on site as normal for 6pm? No problem... I got my bag ready for the night and headed for the long drive to work (60km). I arrived at 5:50pm to find the gate closed and locked, I rang my boss who told me to stay there anyway as there would be trucks arriving with the cabins that night. As I had my laptop with me I'd often log onto this site to read others stories. One story I started reading was of a worker who was locked out of work on the side of a mountain, (just like me I thought) but as I started reading more of it I felt a chill run down my spine. I was reading about myself. I scanned down the page a bit to read of a demon coming down the mountain towards me. I felt a bang on the back of my car and quickly started my car and left at full speed and didn't return until morning.

The next day I looked for that story on here and couldn't find it. Had I been reading my own ghost story before it happened?

It's something that haunts me until this day! TONY

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tonyD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
TonyD,
I hope if some people try to sneak into your Abandoned hotel while on duty, you don't scare them off too badly... They might be paranormal researchers!

Kiwi 😁
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Having spent the last 24 years doing one type of security or another I can understand where your coming from. One time I was working as an independant contractor for a security company that paid for mileage
So I was a little taken aback when they sent me to a sight 60 miles from my home when they had officers that lived not 5 miles from the place (2 of them were personal friends of mine). I soon found out why they did lol, I'll post that experience sometime later. I think if that happened to me I would have just bought myself a new pair of shoes 😆. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. God bless.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Sounds more like coincidence than anything else. I'm sure it was a frightening experience, but nothing paranormal seems to be in the story. Great tale, though.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Hi tonyD
Cant say I blame you for driving away I would of done the same I wasent douting your story it is indeed strange and scary its not the kind of thing that happens a lot has anything else happened to you since that event as a result of that story being pointed towards you have you ever been back to the windfarm since that I feel that a good spirit could of been warning you of an impending danger and sent you the story through this site that's the reason you couldent find it again id imagine as stories normally stay on. Another thing is the whole world of the paranormal is very strange sometimes when something happeng a logical explanation is found but when something is real we know for sure and if others don't believe well sure let them wallow in their skepticisiums it certinaly dosent bother me iv had lots of experiances I allways check things out though just to make sure... Hope to read more of your stories soon hotels nearly allways have spooky things going on id love to be there to check it out take care...
tonyD (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
sorry danny... Just a bit jumpy that's all... I know my story seem a little far fetched but its what happened... I never finished reading the story as I left... I have since started work in a very old abandoned hotel doing security
And have a another story which may or may not be paranormal as I'm still trying to work it out
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
TonyD
Just as a follow up so you realize I'm not making fun of you. My very first job I had at 15, I was a dishwasher. Too inexperienced to handle the job. They were not happy, neither was I. I looked for another job. Found one in the newspaper with no listing of the establishment. When I called to apply, it was the restaurant where I worked. They were looking for someone to replace me.
BTW, because of my personal experience, I would never make fun of anyone with similar experiences.
My apologies TonyD
Danny
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
TonyD
I'm not making fun of you.
Just joshing friend.
It made me laugh in a bizarre scary way.
Please keep posting.
Anything else similar happen later in your life?
tonyD (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
hi moonshadow

I started work at 6,,the gate to the windfarm was closed and locked. So I sat in my car... I didn't have to walk anywher so I took my shoes off and put the on the ground outside,, and yes I did drive 25km without any shoes on,, oh and thanks DannyBruise,, your prob the reason people who have paranormal stories are afriad to post them on here for fear of being laughed at
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Well, it was an internet story, so that would make it pretty hard to find again...

Heh... Do you remember how the story ended?
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Hi tonyD.
Thats really a scary story but just a few things puzzle me the gate into the site was locked so you had to sit in your car but what I can't understand is why did you go back for your shoes if you had taken them off would you not have had them in the car and when you got out at the filling station for a coffee had you no shoes because the country was covered in snow and ice at that period I wouldent of liked to be walking in my socks in that cold also what happened to the cabins that were to be delivered. Good story though take care...
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
It's more funny than scary.
Ye wouldn't be pulling my peg leg there would you lad?
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
well...

That story is more than SCARY!

You give me a reason not to get online and read stories in yourghoststories!

Just joking!
By:cutechoy (my nickname) ❤ ❤ ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone. Did you have instances of lost time as well?
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Well one minor gripe I've had with the website is the inability to really perform a detailed search query on the stories. You could try using a Google search with the web address and maybe some of the keywords in the story such as mountain, moonlight, demon... Whatever you can remember. Maybe you could actually find the story again! That is pretty strange though, and it would definitely creep me out as well! An interesting read nonetheless. Has anything happened since that one incident? God bless!
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
hmm...freaky! Good that you left the place as soon as you could without giving a second thought.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Wow!...It's like the site was trying to tell you to get the heck outta there!...Though really, it was probably a premonition of some sort... Like your mind was ahead of your brain...Yea, that makes sense! 😆 Good story!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Stranger things have happened. The story you were reading may not have been real in the physical sense. There are wasys the paranormal can manipulate the situation and alter the thoughts. Where you were and the situation you were in may have left you vulnerable for whatever reason.

I am with you though, I would have left immediately, shoes or not!

God Bless!
DarkShadows (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
I would have taken it as someone messing with you but dang that's freaky!

I have never heard of this happening, but its kind of cool
😊
tonyD (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
the detail was uncanny... Even to the postion of the moon shinning down on the trees on the right hand side of the mountain, I drove 25km to the nearest all night filling station and bought a coffee, this all happened around 1:30am. My laptop was still on the webpage when I opened it but it wasn't the same story I was reading,, I spent an hour searching but never found it, I drove back in the morning light to get my shoes that I had taken off earlier
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
I have to say that read like something right out of 'The Twilight Zone'... Creepy.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
that is pretty freaky
Yea I'd probably get the hell outta dodge to
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
OMG that's scary!

Could you tell in detail what was written in that story you read that it made you feel you were reading your own story.

I mean was it just a mention of a locked out worker by the side of mountain or was there any further detail that matched with your own.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: