You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figure On My Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure On My Chair

 

This year I'm turning 18, just letting you know, but please don't discredit my experience because of my age. I'm as nervous as anything writing about this, I've got some music on and the blinds AND light are on... And it's in the middle of the day.

A little background info, I'm a mature person and I don't jump at everything exclaiming 'ITS A GHOST!' so I guess I can be called a little skeptical? My experience I'm writing about happened in 2008 when I was 16 and it still gives me goose bumps today.

Imagine being a mother and your 5 year old daughter comes up and asks you "mummy why do you stand on the second rung of my bunk bed ladder and watch me at night?"

When you don't? I remember vaguely telling her things, and I wasn't one to tell tales, I knew it was the second rung because of the height of the figure. I'd quite often see throughout my childhood the solid black figure of my mother, as if she were standing watching me at the end of my bunk bed. On a couple of occasions she would be at the side, near my head. As a kid you wake up many times during the night and when I saw her, it, whatever it was I just thought it was my mum and went back to sleep. I was never scared. I was very sick as a child and I am still an unhealthy person today, I hadn't seen a figure like the one of my mother since I was young until April 2008, about a week after I came back from Thailand on holiday. It was a Saturday morning; my guess would be some time around the 12th?

Here's what happened...

I'd had a weird dream that night (this is important!) about this evil fat guy who wanted to take me as a prisoner, and I had escaped and he was sending people to come get me, this wasn't a nightmare, I've never had nightmares ever before. I don't get scared easily.

When I woke up I remember thinking 'that was a strange dream' I was still in the dopey state after waking up. You know that sort of half asleep when you get up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night that sort of thing. It was morning the blinds and curtains were closed but there was a fair amount of light in the room. I could hear my mum moving around further down the house. I looked down at my armchair; I recall exactly how I was laying. My blanket was bunched to my right, my curvy pillow was under my other arm and I was lying on the left side of my bed. At the end of my bed against the wall I have an arm chair. Sitting on that armchair was the solid, and I mean BLACK, figure of a young guy. He was in his early 20's sitting on the ARM of my armchair facing the door. He was slouched over, as if he'd been waiting there for a while and sat up when he realized I was looking at him. Before he sat up I remember thinking 'he has a REALLY long neck...' Creepy eh? I remember saying/ thinking? 'Who the hell are you?!' I was tired and thinking I was still asleep. My reply was in an attractive voice I still remember very clearly 'It's OK, _______ _______ sent me to Guard/watch/look after you' He said a name, like an actual name. Like I was actually going to remember it though! At this point I was thinking 'OHHHHH that evil fat guy from my dream sent him to take me back!' I thought it was part of the dream.

I was like yeah whatever and was rolling my head back and forth on my pillow scrunching my eyes shut thinking this was all such a stupid dream. He started talking again, like saying something really important, trying to get me to listen. After a while he stopped and just sat watching me. I could hear him SIGH in light frustration. I must have fallen asleep after that, because I woke up what felt like IMMEDIATELY after I had closed my eyes. I still thought it was a dream, but I do remember thinking to myself 'that's funny...' I was lying EXACTLY as I had seen. My blanket was to my right, my pillow under my left arm and I was on that side. The lighting was the same as well.

I got up and thought nothing of it; I even asked my mum 'did you hear me talking to anyone just a while ago?' She said no but wouldn't really have known because she was in the opposite end of the house. The horrible realization came later that I had been awake. So there was definitely something THERE. At the time I wasn't scared at all... Only rude to him!

I still don't know to this day who it was, my mum suggested that it was my granddad and we tried looking for pictures of him when he was young. But the guy I saw was a lot more slender, not skinny though. My mum still laughs at the fact it was an attractive young man. She knows I'm not lying and I hope you all believe me as well.

I don't believe he's a 'demon' my best friend is Christian and I was talking to her. She only succeeded in freaking me out more. My high school was a Christian school as well and I talked to some teachers. Though they weren't much help.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kerosene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kerosene (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
wow thankyou everyone!
I don't remember if I wrote it right... But it was my MOTHERS grandfather (my greatgrandad) that we thought it might be.

[at] Searching (guest)
Profiles are very easy to recognize, face shape build etc. He was very different to my great grandfathers build
Searching (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
He was all black but you know that he was a young, attractive guy in his 20's? How would you have known him if you did see him in a picture?
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
wow that's cool in my book it would be nice to think someone was watching out for me.

He said he was sent by someone, huh maybe your grandad sent him or someone else
AlwaysHaunted (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
First I have to say wow. This story tugged on my heart a bit for this reason, when I was 5 I used to have a very black figure sit at the end of my bed every night. I was scared to death (read my story called "the heater man")
I understand why you are still a little bugged out about it. Something like that seems to just stick with you. I'm 22 now and I'm still very frightened of going to sleep and I still have a nightlight. Lol Whats funny is that I'm a empathic medium and the heater man scares me more than what I deal with on a daily basis.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
Wow, that's pretty weird. I don't think that he was there to hurt you, probably just to watch over you. Maybe, if the ghost wasn't your grandad then he was sent by your grandad. Wish I could be of more help, but the most I can offer is that he didn't seem like he had any intention of hurting you.
goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Yup everyone has a guardian angel and I have seen mine. I (have two beds in my room and this black figure sits on my other bed and it's extremely realistic I've never talked to him but after I wake up from a nightmare it will always be there so I believe you.
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Wow, that's strange! Thankyou for sharing that! I don't think its a demon, or at least anything bad:) I have had quite a few strange things going on quite recently, and I mean STRANGE! I wish wish wish I could share them, but I can only go on the internet on my mobile! I can post as many comments as I like, but not stories: (it would be rude to post them as comments on stories though. That story was really interesting!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Kerosene: I saw something like this as a child while standing in the kitchen of the scary house I grew up in. This was mentioned in my story. This black figure walked in through the front door and walked straight across our living room floor, into the bedroom that I shared with my sisters. Being curious as I was, as soon as my mother was finished with my hair, I walked into the bedroom only to find no one there. This happened in the early morning hours as she was getting me ready for school. I have often wondered if these are beings from another deminsion here to observe us and see how we live, eat, sleep and function on a daily basis. I don't know if they would or should be called or considered to be demons, they very well could be, but I'm like you., I did not get a frightening, chilling feeling from this one, nor do I remember smelling an aweful smell coming from this thing and if there would have been, surely my mother would have smelled it too. I do know many people have seen these things and one day I hope we will find the answers to what they are and where they come from.

God bless you and thank you for sharing your story.
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
wow!

It is more than SCARY!

Thanks for sharing your unforgettable moment!

Just comment
By:cutechoy (my nickname)
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
she can't remember what name he said. Thanks for sharing. That's creeped out.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
'It's OK, _______ _______ sent me to Guard/watch/look after you'

Little confused on the "blanks"...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: