You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady Behind The Truck

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady Behind The Truck

 

This experience is one of the most puzzling and scariest things that happen in my life way back on childhood days.

I was 9 years old at that time and around 9:30 in the evening, my father, (who died last May 2009) instructed me to buy penicillin for his wound on a local pharmacy 4 blocks away from our house. I was kind of hesitant to buy since it was early late night and I don't have anyone else to accompany in buying the medicine. My father is a strict so I don't have an option but follow his command.

I was walking on the way to the pharmacy, nothing happen though since there's a lot of by standers on the 2nd block and street lights are all up not until 3rd block. I reach the local store whose main business is selling and buying rice and corn. Unfortunately the store is close and the all the trailer trucks and cargo trucks are on the side of the road, of course, parking! As I was walking beneath the shadows of the truck, I feel eerie and I believe some one is looking at me, however, I just don't mind it since I need to hurry up on the pharmacy, and the store will be closing around 10PM.

I bought the medicine and hurried to go home. I wanted to go to other road direction because I feel uncomfortable walking in the parked trucks, however, a lot of barking dogs are waiting on the other road. I don't want to run over the dogs so I decided to take the same road where I was walking earlier.

When I was walking on the truck, I heard some scratches on the other side of the parked truck; I was thinking it might be dog or cat. I just don't mind it. As I as approaching to the last parked truck where there was a minimal light and a mango tree, I feel uneasy and to my surprise I met an old lady in front of me. I thought that it might be a beggar but as I look at her, her long head hair are rising and her eyes are orange-red in color, she is also floating amid the air! I was shocked to freeze, like candle. All my life I've never seen an old woman floating and looking at me like that.

She is approaching at me with her hand ready to touch my elbows, however a dog came out from the under the tire of the truck and barked on her fiercely. That's the time, that I was able to move and run for my life to go home.

Some by standers on the second block are amazed and shouted at me saying why I was so pale and in a hurry. I just look at them with teary eyes and headed to our gate and knock as loud as I could, I forgot the doorbell to press, since I am very nervous. My father opened the gate and look at me puzzled. He asks me what happen and why I knock the gate very loud and fast. I tell him the whole event and he said that I was just hallucinating since I like to watch horror movies. I protested his opinion because I was there and I was the one who encountered that old lady on the truck. Still he won't believe me. I handed the drug to his hand and go the room and prayed that the old lady won't bother me again.

As of the moment nearly 16 years from that incident, I always remember that incident and it always gives me goose bumps...

Other hauntings by dickron

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dickron, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-16)
Sorry but I got confused. You said "early late night"? Well, I don't want to be a grammar police LOL and just want to focus on your story but I can't help but ask. Good thing you said the pharmacy is closing at 10PM so I assume that it was around that time when it happened.
Ghostbuscus (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
Scary! I started think what that lady looks like 😨 my mind was imaging creepy faces again 😲
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
[at] blue_ravin80

Yes I am from the Philippines. Living in Cagayan de Oro City. Currently I'm working in Cebu. 😁
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
are you from the province or in manila area? We have a lot of ghost stories here in the philippines... 😁
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Pseudohuman

Thanks for reading. As of the moment I usually bring flash light with me whenever I go out in the dark.
PseudoHuman (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Wow! I would definitely be terrified if that happened to me. 😨 I have seen what I believe are spirits a few times but nothing that ever scared me. If I had been you I would never want to leave the house after dark again!
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
[at] Cholulteca...

Yeah I thank the dog for saving my life. I was not able to thank that dog at that time because I run away 😆...
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Oh, really scary!, thank God the dog saved you 😨
Thanks for sharing,
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
[at] dreamCatcher227

It is really scary! 😭. I'm not sure if she is nice but the way she look at me... Seems she want to bite me. Shes probably a witch because ghost is different in form.
DreamCatcher227 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Omg, that is scary. I cannot even imagine seeing that old lady. Aren't they usually supposed to be nice or something?! 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: