You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Farm House Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Farm House Horror

 

Let me just say that everything I am about to tell you is completely true and in no way some paranoid fantasy, I am not the only one who had experienced things.

My parents decided we needed a bigger place because my youngest sister was just born so they moved us into an old farm house (cliché right). At first it was pretty cool I mean everyone had there own room and we even had our own sitting room in the upstairs. About a month after we moved in is when things got weird. My mom who at the time was still recovering from my having my sister usually stayed in the downstairs of the house during the day but on this day she had to go upstairs and check on us for some odd reason. When she left the room I got a really bad feeling and it was proven to be correct, my mom was standing at the top of the stairs and it looked liked someone shoved her and she ended up hitting nearly every step, luckily my dad came home about three minutes later and took her over to the hospital.

That's not where the problems stopped though, about five months later my dad had to have minor surgery that required him to stay awake for 48 hours before hand so my cousin was over to keep him up. My dad decided he wanted to go have a hot shower and so went upstairs to take one. About ten minutes later my cousin saw a shadow coming down the stairs and asked my dad why he was standing on the stairs, my dad never answered because he was no were near the stairs he was still in the shower. After that my cousin refused to stay the night at our house ever again.

The next part of this story involves me. At the time I was around 8 years old and yes I know people are thinking that it was my imagination but honestly I was a pretty down to earth kid that didn't really day dream. I woke up to go to the washroom around six in the morning which is only about an hour earlier then I was used to getting up at and when I came out I saw a women in a white nightie going down the stairs. At this time I wasn't really scared since I assumed it was my mother so I followed her down the stairs all the way into our kitchen but as soon as I got into the kitchen she was gone. I said mom where did you go and heard my mom yell at me to get back upstairs from the top of the stairs. I went back up and asked my mom how she managed to get back upstairs so fast and her face went white, she grabbed me and my sisters and brought us all into her room and sent my dad down to check it out. He came back up twenty minutes later and said that all the doors where locked and that he didn't see anyone, this was not the end.

About a year later I was getting ready for bed and as usual I left my clothes on the floor next to my bed and went across the room and turned on the night light (it was not there because of a fear of the dark so please don't assume) it was there because I had no light in my room. It had one of those covers on it to dim the light which never took off because if I did I wouldn't be able to sleep. At around five am (estimated) I woke up having trouble breathing and noticed that my wall where the night light was was on fire and my pants from the day before were over top of it which I assumed is what caused the fire. I ran into my parent's room and told them, my dad ran in with the fire extinguisher and put it out and then both of my parents scolded me for throwing my pants across the room. I told them I didn't and at first they didn't believe me until my mom when into the room and noticed that my shirt and socks and underwear were still beside my bed and that the shade on the nightlight was on the floor. We moved out of that house a few months later mainly because of that and other personnel reasons. I went back to that town (which was and still is my home town) five years later and found that the house burnt down. I personally talked to the fire marshal about it and he said they thought it was faulty wiring but the findings were inconclusive.

If anyone wants any information about the whereabouts of the town or pictures of the plot which is still vacant I wouldn't mind getting them for you just email me at lost_one18 (a) hotmail.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, comments on these events and your thoughts would be welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lost_one21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Justin_9493 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks for sharing your experinces. I don't have anything more to add than what's already been said. Thanks again.
Faraaz (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
Creepy and freaky! I wanted to ask you that when you saw that lady which you thought was your mom, how was she walking? I mean her style and the way she walked, normal, slowly etc.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Hmm, That is like a nightmare in that story. I wonder its a land or the house I don't know which the which. Somebody that use to live there maybe evil like to hurt you and your family.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Hi lost_one21 that does seem quite disturbing having had your pants thrown on the light and your mum pushed down the stairs its almost as if something was out to hurt you and a bit of a coincedence of the house burning down later don't you think?
Either way I'm glad you eventually moved out, the history of it would be interesting to find out.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
your experience is really interesting and traumatic. If that would happen to me I would rather sleep or stay in an small apartment rather than living on a big mysterious house! 😕
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
lost one21--I suppose you don't know who lived in the house before you and why it was available to your family.
It was interesting to read how things started with a shove (your unfortunate mother; I trust she was not seriously injured) then began adding up in various ways to get you out of the place.
It could've been an angry, possessive shade or one who wanted to protect you, knowing there was faulty wiring that would send the house up in a blaze.
From your one definite viewing, I would tend to conclude "it" was a woman. Seems "she" had the necessity of intention, not a matter of you or your mother and cousin being extra sensitive; you were compelled to pay attention.
What I enjoy about your story is that all along I could reckon each occurence to more common explanation. Even your pants tossed over the nightlight and the shield coming off upon impact could be explainable. We can do active things during sleep we don't recall upon waking because what we did was interpreted into dream-imagery action.
It was your mother's decision it was time to pack up and leave (did she have more events? Did your father?) and then years later discovering the house had burned down which sold me on the supernatural being at work.
Thanks for the subtle and curious tale.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: