You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Kitchen Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Kitchen Experience

 

This is my first time to this site and found myself quite fascinated by all of the stories and thus, felt inspired to tell a story or two of my own. I suppose I should give a little background of myself and my experiences. I am 24 years old and for about the last 16 or so years, have been in the midst of some rather interesting, and at times frightening, paranormal moments. I sometimes saw what I can only describe as ghosts in a house I lived in for about 9 years. It only happened about 4 times (twice being the same ghost) and they were definitely not your typical transparent apparitions. These ghosts were so real I even tried to reach out and grab one. Now for the last 11 years I have not seen anything like that but I have definitely sensed when a house was odd (they always turned out to be haunted!) or a presence. With that being said I shall now lead into the actually story.

This particular story happened nearly 3 years ago in Arizona. I had been hanging out with a friend that I had just recently met. We decided to go back to his grandmothers' house where he lived and listen to some music for a bit and relax. The moment I entered the house, I had the strongest sensation to run into the kitchen. I became overwhelmed by happiness and even when he asked me to help him pick some music out, I felt oddly compelled to stay put. I did go and help with the music but immediately afterward came back to the kitchen. Within a minute I sensed two presences, a man and a woman. I asked him who "Paul" was and started telling my friend all sorts of information about Paul as it was being told to me by this man presence. My new friend went pale, quite literally! He told me that Paul was his grandfather's name and that he had died in this very room only a few months before. He also told me that his grandmother would often remark to him that she sensed he was there. I could not have possibly known any of this as I had barely met this friend. Besides, that is not exactly the sort of information one randomly tells a stranger. After a while of just talking and hanging out, I felt as though the female presence left and suddenly I felt the strongest and strangest sensation that "Paul" could read my thoughts, as if he was entering my body or my brain. I know that might seem far-fetched but I can only describe it that way. It started to become a little uncomfortable and I started to get worried and wanted to leave the room. We did end up leaving the house and that odd feeling went away.

I would like to know anyone's' opinion on this and what they think could have happened. Is it possible that "Paul" would or could enter my thoughts? It is quite unnerving to consider that possibility. I have never been back to that house since that encounter.

Other hauntings by PseudoHuman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PseudoHuman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Phobic1981 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Wow...definitely sounds like you have a gift. Since you were drawn to the kitchen, perhaps you're drawn to spirits, just as spirits are drawn to sensitives.

As for Paul entering your thoughts, many sensitives and psychics have been temporarily 'possessed' by entities they were communicating with, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Sounds like you did exactly the right thing in sensing when things were getting out of control and leaving. Keep following your instincts!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Hello,

For what I gather you are a very sensitive person, guess you just need to be more cautious when feeling a presence, do what you just did, leave 😉
All the best,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: