You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Ghost That Followed Me Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Followed Me Home

 

My story takes place nearly two years ago in the spring of 2008. For quite some time now, I have gotten into the habit of relaxing at cemeteries, sometimes with or without friends. Cemeteries were a place for me to relax and be alone or to have serious intellectual conversations with friends and not be bothered by others. I make sure to be quite respectful as I would never try to disgrace a grave or cause trouble!

There was a local cemetery I would frequent back in 2008, going as often as two or three times a week. I usually went with a friend I shall call "Michael". Michael and I would sit on the driveway and talk for hours about the world and humanity and other various topics. One particular night we arrived around 7.00 pm and were hanging out for about ten or so minutes when I suddenly became very panicked and demanded to Michael that we leave right away. This was definitely odd as we had always had very pleasant and peaceful experiences there. Michael looked at me and seemed confused as to why I needed to leave so badly. I could not explain but I knew we were no longer welcomed. We immediately left and later discussed my sudden fear and what we thought could have caused it. We couldn't however offer any sort of valid reason.

The next day things started to get weird and happened right when I got to work. I had the sensation for a few days that I was being followed everywhere... To the break room, to the restroom, to the lunch room. I would look behind me each time because I fully expected to have someone behind me but there was never anyone there. I would see shadows constantly at work for about two weeks. One two occasions, my chair would be pushed quite strongly from behind, shoving me into my desk. Unfortunately, I would be the only one in my department at the time, as my neighbors were at lunch! I would have thought I was losing my mind except that a very psychical phenomenon started happening in the presence of my co workers. Pens and papers and basically anything on my desk would fall off in front of people. There was a joke going around the office that I was "haunted". As much as it worried me, I at least had witnesses so I knew I had not been imagining this.

The last straw came about two and a half weeks after my encounter at the cemetery. It was around 10. 30 at night and I was lying in my bed with the lights off, texting my friends. My door was open because my cat usually would come into my room at night. I was waiting for a friend to pick me up and decided to take a little nap before he arrived. About two minutes into this nap, I was rudely awoken by my mattress shaking towards the end of my bed. It was not a violent sort of shake but definitely enough to wake me. I assumed it was my cat but quickly realized it was not. I can tell you I have never run out of my house so fast before.

After that night I knew I had to do something. I was afraid to go home but I knew it could easily follow me. It seemed silly but I was very serious and asked for it to leave me alone and that I did not mean any harm or disrespect by entering the cemetery. Amazingly enough it worked and I have not had those problems since. I learned a lesson though that sometimes hanging out at cemeteries or anyplace that is generally more spiritually active, can be a bad idea!

Other hauntings by PseudoHuman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PseudoHuman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
I know some people do not believe cemeteries are haunted, but I have had quite a few strange paranormal experiences related to cemeteries. During my grandfather's funeral it was in a funeral parlor and something followed us home. I remember telling it to leave, and even my grandma saw the spirit. I think spirits can become very attached to the places of their death as well as places that they have lived.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Some people believe that Cemeteries are unlikely to have any ghosts around (due to reasoning that 'why would a spirit hang around its dead body?') But I think that spirits can be attached to multiple items/places/people so why not a cemetery? I mentioned in my shadow figure story how I used to (and still do sometimes) hang out at cemeteries because of the tranquil feeling and peace aquired there. I have had a bunch of things happen which I may write about, but visiting a cemetery could certainly result in being followed.
You say that you and your friend would have deep conversations there... Perhaps the spirit that followed you saw you as a guide from sharing many ideas, a ghost could be from a LONG time ago when they had hardly a clue about much in the world other than what was taught, being very limited.

Kiwi
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
whew! Its creepy! I wish it won't happen to me... I used to jog around a private cemetery. I can't afford to run around an oval aside from having an entrance fee, it far from my home and this cemetery is good and very clean. Tombs and mausoleums are great... Hope that souls won't accompany me while doing my sprints and jog! 😕
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
that is creepY! I have visited the cemetary a few times with my friend too. I think its beautiful there and peaceful and I'm always respectful. But I never thought something could follow me home! Scary
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
wow that's some experience. I would have been a bit freaked out. Its really crazy that the spirit was active in front of your co-workers. All in all you did the right thing by asking it to leave and not having an attitude about it. Good job and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: