You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hush Sound

Real Ghost Stories

The Hush Sound

 

This event happened to me when I was fourteen, I'm now sixteen. I am a believer in spirits, hauntings, and everything that has to do with paranormal activity. I have experienced some unexplainable things in my life. I would like to share one of them. This one event has scared everyone that has heard it.

It was one Thursday night, about 9:30 p.m. I was in my room, which is located in the basement. I was watching TV, when out of nowhere my dog started barking. But she was barking at the air, and her head kept moving as if seeing something moving. I knew everyone was asleep. Her barking was annoying me, so I gave her that hushing sound since it was the only thing that would make her stop. She stopped and lay down on my bed, and went to sleep. I was still watching TV. As I was watching TV I could hear right in my ear someone giving me the same hushing noise that I had given my dog. I quickly got up turned off the TV and went straight to sleep. I knew it couldn't have been any of my family members for they were sleeping. Plus I heard the hushing noise right in my ear. I haven't heard ever since.

Everyone I tell seems to get creeped out, I mean who wouldn't. But I just want to know if there is a meaning to this. Many paranormal activities have a meaning, rather good or bad. Please if anyone knows please tell me, I'm curious.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gizmo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
That is creepy! I never had a ghost experience before. I am sorry I can't help you if your being watched, but if it goes away I don't think its a problem.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your story!
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
hello gizmo my names cloud and I had the exact same expirience so it would be nice to talk to you I was lying in bed reading a book when it happened right against my ear a kind of heavy breath once not like breathing just one breath and it scared the hell out of me so id like to know what it was as well?
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
Thank you all

Everything seems normal for now, but I do get the feeling that I'm being watched. But it goes away.
Greenmother35 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Hello there Gizmo, the term for your experience is called clairaudience. Certain people can hear others when they think or have a feeling that they want to express but don't and when an entity wants to make you think it is someone it is not. It happens to me quite often in this house. My story will be told but it is so long 3yrs worth broken bones, not being able to get out of bed too depressed and ill. I have an attachment or HAD an attachment and until I began to look into it I just wanted to dissappear. I had no idea what was going on. If this continues in a mocking sense do not give it a place to stand, IN God's HOLY NAME YOU WILL GO IN PEACE OR BACK FROM WHERE YOU CAME. If you never hear another thing than maybe it was an uncle or passed away relative checking in doing a bit of mischief. Just look for the signs, Is anyone getting hurt, are people or you becoming increasingly ill and cancelling social events are you always tired and scared. Do you feel watched? All of these things can be real illness, high EMFreadings in your home etc. However, like I said only if this continues my friend and you check your health and know you are AOK and your EMF readings are OK. Then you may need to get a cleansing. Just don't jump to any conclusions yet really look, really see if your room tends to bounce back sound, listen intently and see if you hear things in other places with people but they are not talking. IE. My hub on the steps next to my bedroom saying "come on HON it's getting late I want to get there. We had a sitter and were going out for a beer. I answered him and said wait here I come just putting in my earrings, I shut out the light approx 30 secs had passed no more and I turned the corner fully expecting him to be standing there, NOPE, then I ran down the steps with a smile thinking I'd scare him but he was not in the hallway either, he was no where? I walked into the family room and there he was with his feet up intently watching some shoot em up movie? I said well I'm ready he says just one minute it's almost over to which I freak and say you just come upstairs to push me to get movin' such a strange look on his face as he says "Mar I've been on this couch for an hour I have NOT MOVED? I heard HIM CLEAR AS DAY RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A VERY THIN WALL, I had a clairaudient moment my first right b4 the angry entity threw my seven mo old son down the steps breaking his collarbone even though he landed upside down, my boxer saw it open the door and ran down the steps spread her body on the floor so my baby's head never hit the ground. These two things happened within approx days from each other. So scary yeah DANGEROUS IS MORE WHAT I WOULD WORRY ABOUT. That is why I worry for you but all things are different If I can stop a bad thing from happening to anyone I'm here. I want to tell my story but it has not ended...GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS GIZ sorry If I got to heavy.
Moneezy93 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
thanks for the comment post! And wow that is pretty creepy! I know you weren't imagining things because I have experienced things like that. Not too fun, I must say! But yeah I agree 100% with miley too! Prayer is the key:)
GOD BLESS and GOOD LUCK!
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Tell it to leave, is it that easy...
Just like dogs, spirits and ghosts can tell when you are afraid or not. I'll try to not show my fear.

Thanks for all the advice people, I appreciate it.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Hey Gizmo have you had any other occurences in the house or have any other family members experienced anything out of the ordinary? I do believe it could have been something I have heard a lot about spirits or ghosts mimicking sounds and words people make. If things like this continue as previous posters have mentioned you have to be strong and tell it to leave, all the best to you!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
miley is right. Just pray & tell what ever it is to get out & leave you alone. It has no place there. Good luck & God bless!

~~LSD~~
miley (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Watching TV alone during the night sounds a little creepy, just pray to God and everything will be alright. God Bless!
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Your dog could have picked up on some paranromal activity or it could have been tracing a sound from outside of your basement. Frequencies can become audible with electromagnetic inferferrence. It may not have been a ghost, but rather a vortex or shift within your own dimension and you could have heard your own 'hush' sound replayed somehow. You could try using an EMF reader down there, electrical fields can stimulate strange activity through their own energy and being in a basement, signals and energies could be rebounded due to a different atmospheric boundary.

Kiwi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: