You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Epic Paranormal Experience 3

Real Ghost Stories

An Epic Paranormal Experience 3

 

It had been seven months since the incident with the dishes, and the door slamming. My brother and I had started to think that whatever had been haunting us was gone for good.

My Mother was working again and both my brother and I were in our rooms, doing homework or listening to music or whatever it is we did. I hadn't believed Chuckie at first when he told me he thought that our Uncle Mike was protecting us somehow, like a guardian angel. For some reason though I was compelled to keep a small wallet sized picture of him by my bedside. My Mom had asked me why, and I simply told her it was because it made me feel safe at night. She immediately started tearing up and smiled really big.

"What is it?" I'd asked her. She then explained to me a dream she had several years ago immediately after I was born. She told me that my Uncle Mike had come to her in a dream, all he said was "I'll always protect them, I promise sis." When she told me that, I was convinced that our Uncle was with us even when our Mother was not. When she had left that night I told Chuckie what Mom had said and he smiled knowing that we would be safe no matter what.

Later that evening our dog, Max, started barking uncontrollably. We lived on a farm so every now and then a deer would run through our yard, or maybe a rabbit or some other forest animal and Max would bark, but there was something distressed in his bark that night. Chuckie went to look out the window to see what Max was barking at but there was so much fog around our house that you could barely see past our front porch.

"That's so weird," Chuckie said. I came out of my bedroom and stood a few feet behind him.

"What's weird?" I asked getting that familiar nervous ache in my stomach.

"Come look how foggy it is! It's dry as a desert outside but for some reason there's fog," he explained. I peeked through the window to see the thick fog, and I could see Max too. He was at the end of his rope flipping out.

"What the hell is wrong with your dog?" he asked me, I just shook my head.

"Maybe he sees another animal?" I suggested uneasily. We stood there for a few minutes, until Max stopped barking. Then we both turned around to walk back to our bedrooms. Suddenly a rush of cold air came through the hallway, almost like we had left a window open in the middle of winter. Then the electricity went out. There was total darkness; I couldn't even see my hand a few inches away from my face.

"Chuck!" I screamed. I felt his hand come down on my shoulder and he guided me through the house to the living room where we had lots of candles. Chuckie was rummaging through end table drawers trying to find a lighter or a box of matches, I could tell something bad was about to happen.

The floors in our house started creaking like someone was walking on it. The noise was coming from the other side of the house but it was getting louder and closer.

"Hurry up," I urged him on but it just seemed to make him more nervous. Then the footsteps stopped and I heard someone laughing, but it didn't sound like a human laughing. It sounded evil, I knew it was standing very close to us, but I could also tell that there was something stopping it from coming any closer. Finally I heard the clicking of a lighter and then as quickly as he could, Chuckie had a candle lit and was pointing it in all directions around the room. Nothing was there.

It was dead silent though, and they always say when it goes that silent that something bad is about to happen. Suddenly Chuckie and I heard a high pitched scream, so high that it hurt my ears. The candle blew out and something grabbed my arm.

"Chuck!" I shrieked. It was pulling me, and twisting my arm around. I kept screaming for Chuckie and I could feel his arm around my waist trying to pull me away from whatever was trying to take me. He wasn't being successful though. I knew that he wasn't going to be able to save me and the pain in my arm was getting worse every second, I knew if it had me any longer my arm would snap.

"Uncle Mike, please," I begged, tears pouring down my face. I didn't scream it out, I barely whispered it but someone heard me because at that moment the grasp on my arm was released and every light in our house turned on.

Chuckie collapsed on the couch and I just stood there, unable to move. We knew it was over though because we both felt that calm feeling. Chuckie picked up the candle that had blown out, and returned the lighter to its place in the drawer.

"That was good thinking to come to the living room with all these candles. Oh, and thanks for leading me in here sis, I couldn't see a damn thing!" he said. I whipped my head around and looked at him with an expression of utter confusion.

"What?" he asked.

"I didn't lead you in here. In fact I felt your hand on my shoulder leading me," I told him. It was my turn to collapse on the couch now.

"Thanks Uncle Mike," Chuckie said out loud. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but at the exact moment he said that the lamp flickered a few times.

This was the last thing that ever happened to us in that house. A few small things happened, like cold spots, random electrical problems, feelings of uneasiness but we always knew that Uncle Mike was looking out for us.

A few years later Chuckie graduated from high school and he went to Tennessee for college. Mom quit her job as a nurse and started working full time as a professor or paramedics so we moved out of the farmhouse to live near the University where she taught full time.

Thanks for reading this story. This part is always difficult for me to talk about because it was so traumatizing to me. Something evil had a hold on my body and if I hadn't had a guardian angel I'm not sure what would've happened. I'd love to tell you all that I made all this up in my spare time, but unfortunately I did not. These things really happened to me and my family and it's important to realize that if you feel like you do have an evil entity in your house, to be extremely cautious because they can be very hostile.

Thanks

Other hauntings by justlyz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justlyz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Thanks for posting your stories... They were FANTASTIC! I LOVED them all! I'm glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and your family, I wish you all forever lasting happiness 😁

GOD BLESS YOU! 😊

-ghostlover6678 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I totally agree with you DCinAZ I also love the setup on this website I can honestly say I am addicted to it, to be honest I'm surprised I still have a job haha sshhh don't tell the boss lol.
Have a look at some of my favourite stories on my profile there are some beauties there that I have added over the years that I'm sure you will enjoy ie: The Burns Ranch. 😊

Dan
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Darkness, Agreed. Her stories are like fresh air in a dusty attic that blows away the cobwebs and makes you want to pay attention. I've been reading a lot of good stories here and this site has really impressed me with the way it's set up. Being able to comment and get then feedback on the COMMENT is one of my favorite features. It's the learning and sharing of experiences here that make it more a community than a website and I'm glad I finally found it. (sorry, I have a tendency to ramble) Thanks
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
DCinAZ: I have to agree with you on these stories they were definitely a great read! I hope justlyz post some more experiences of hers they are very captivating! 😁
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Now that's what I call a page turner! Justlyz, you've got talent. Anytime I can picture a scene as vividly as you lay it out I'm impressed. Hopefully we'll see your work in print someday, it wouldn't surprize me at all. Being a starving student is working for you and your positive attitude is infectous. Thanks for sharing your experiences. And don't be a stranger. 😉 😊
gothguy32 (6 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
fog? Then you saw the first sign of ghost the second sign is a cold breeze and the third is the presence of the ghost talk to it see why it is haunting you usaully Ghosts can't harm The Living because they have no powers to harm us only the way they died is how the harm people
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
thanks for the story. Just to tell you about the farm you lived on, I think it may have turned into a portal for spirits of the other side to come over, due to some stuff that may have happened in the past. I think a demon had come over, and your uncle came over to protect you. I have a feeling that the portal is the reason why he was protecting you. He is probably in heaven now knowing that you are in a safer place, but from above, he is still watching you. God bless you and Uncle Mike ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
justlyz What an awesome story thank you for sharing it with all of us. 😁

Dan
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
awsome story! That's so kool how he protected you and your brother!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
justlyz; This was a very good story!...I'm glad you posted it in three parts, as the suspense was GREAT!...I bet it was your Uncle Mike who led you guys to the candles, as well as helping you out of that situation with the nasty... If you've had any other experiences, I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say please post them...We'd be happy to read them... 😆 ❤
justlyz (4 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Thanks! I'm actually about go back to my hometown and although I doubt I'll be able to enter the house, I do plan to drive by it and just see how it looks, and see if I can feel or sense anything now. It's been about 10 years so I'm kind of excited. Hopefully my Uncle is still with me!
Thanks for reading everyone!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Looks like Uncle Mike came through with his promise to your mom. He protected you and your brother from that evil entity, and I think that is amazing ❤ I'm so glad you shared this with us, and wish the best for you and your family. 😊
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Wow, you and your brother were so brave!, glad to hear that your family is doing better now... And yes, God bless Uncle Mike:-)

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: