You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Further Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Further Experiences

 

It has been has been quite a while since my last post, the noise and other weird phenomena had, until recently seemed to go away. Being more of a believer now (I am now willing to accept that all was not right before) and having done a lot more research, I put the lack of activity down to some changes in my personal life. Throughout 2009 I was not living alone but with a great girl who due to her work commitments has now moved interstate leaving me once again on my lonesome.

As I said, I have had no more problems, no smells, scratching, whispering, footsteps and self playing guitars, nothing. Following my health scare, I upon doctor's advice went on holidays to Victoria for some rest and this is where I met my girlfriend. At this stage I did not say anything about what had been going on and when I returned home in early 2009 all was quiet, and after a couple of weeks I was able to relax in my own house again. When my girlfriend moved in a couple of months later I talked to her about the weird goings on but she laughed them off with a healthy skepticism and no more was really said on the matter.

At the end of last year, my girlfriend went back to Victoria and within days of her moving out I began to hear the whispering again and like before it was not audible and when I first heard it, lying in bed, I put it down to sleepy imagination (wishful thinking). But after a couple months of this and now other things I know this is not the case.

Shortly after I first heard the whispering again, I was standing in my back room when I felt a sudden rush of wind go past as though someone (thing) had run by me, fast. Now being a bit wiser on these matters I immediately suspected the worse as the room I was standing in had no doors or windows open (it was a typical mountains day, if you live there you will know what I mean).

At this point I knew to be on the look out and sure enough within days of the wind, I noticed things starting to move or going missing. For about three days, The TV remote kept ending up on top of the book shelf, even though I would make a point of putting it down next to the TV when I went to bed, it was only when I said to thin air, I am going to bed leave it alone that this stopped

I felt totally bonkers doing this, but having read on this site of people doing it, I thought I would give it a shot. The fact that it worked has also confirmed what I suspected, there is something in my house.

With the whispering continuing, and items like books and CD's going missing, I thought I would try it again. The next time I heard the familiar "psst" I sat up in bed and shouted "go away, you're not welcome". I do not remember much after that, the room got blacker, I started getting dizzy and next I knew it was morning and was I lying in bed with what felt like the worst hangover of my life.

I went and got a check up as before and got the all clear, so now it was panic time. The last few weeks things have not got any better, whatever it is seems to be quite cranky with me, I have come home from work to find two windows broken (nothing stolen, did not seem like a break in), I cannot get a light bulb to work for more then a day, more whispering and much much more, these events I will give in my next post.

Other hauntings by sittingonthefence

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sittingonthefence, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
i agree with the suggestion to ask God for help sorrry for your troubles and hope you get better
Phobic1981 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Wow, I'm so sorry. Sounds like a rough time. I don't know what your beliefs are, but I know people have had success ordering things out in the name of God. Perhaps you could look into getting your house blessed, cleansed or smudged? Best of luck and I agree with dragonwalker... Keep the house filled with happy!;)
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
My condolences. These don't sound like the fun kind. Not sure how to help, but I offer my encouragement and a shoulder if you need it. Only thing I can think of to offer is when I start getting some weird stuff like that that just won't leave, I drowned it out. Get happy, stay happy, overflow with happy, fill up each room with happy, leave it no quarter to breathe.:) Good luck and I'm sure someone in here will be able to offer you better perspective and advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: