You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Is Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Following Me?

 

For a while now, I have been seeing things. I usually see a blur of black in the corner, always in my house. It started happening about 2 years ago I think, and it has only happened in the house I'm living in right now, but this house was just built when we moved in, so I think it just has something to do with the location. Anyway, I see this blur a lot. Sometimes, more often these days actually, I feel as if someone is watching me. I can't bear to be alone, especially at night, and I if I have no choice to stay in my house alone, I turn up music real loud or watch TV or anime on the computer to forget that I'm alone.

One morning, I was staring out the French door, bored. Then I looked down at the shadow of the walls of my house that were on the ground, then, I saw a shadow of what looked like a man dart pop up then back down behind me. My father was around at the time, but I knew it wasn't him. He had been in the kitchen making coffee. He couldn't jump up that high without making a sound. I wasn't too scared for some reason, but I wanted to know what that was.

I only know that something might be following me around because of my friend. She is a psychic, and she is able to sense the presence of the dead. She told me that she sometimes felt the presence of a young man following me. She didn't know why, but she knows that he is there.

I even heard the spirit call my name once. My family was downstairs when I heard the voice, so I know none of them called me.

Is there anyway I can contact this spirit without the use of a Ouija board?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Akemi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
thanks chujully. I'm not sure about having my friend talk to the spirit though, I don't want it to hurt her if its bad. I'll ask though. I'll see if I can find out about a relative being a medium though. Thanks.
ChuJully (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Akemi, I think I had experience with something like that once. But it was usually the blurs then the follows. My grandfather is a shaman, so that like makes me have seeing things and half I don't know.

Why don't you try asking your friend? Just ask her if she can talk to whatever is following you. If things gets worse, its best to let someone in your family knows what is going on. But for now try to see what it wants or why is it following you

Also try to see if someone in your family was once a medium. Possibility you may have inherit the genes from them. I'm sorry if I don't make any sense but at least try that way.

Thank you~ ❤
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
thank you. You are right watersprite, it couldn't be a relative, otherwise it would have talked to me a long time ago. As for ignoring it, I tried that before, but it didn't help. The weird thing is, I sometimes see white blurs appear too. Its really strange, I sometimes think their mite be 2 spirits following me, but I'm not so sure. This is getting really weird.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
I agree with everyone's excellent advice not to use a Ouija board and to tell it to go away. If it's a relative, they probably wouldn't be popping up behind you like that, anyway, and they would respect your telling them to leave.

Also, just a thought, but I am really getting sick of people using this web site to tell people to "get with Jesus." My grandfather was a priest, my husband is an ordained minister, and I have a B.A. From an excellent university in religious studies. I was raised to think it is low-class, tacky and just extremely cheesy and rude to tell other people what religion they should be following. Please people, knock it off! (I won't name names, but you know who you are.) This person is trying to get assistance with a paranormal matter, not asking you to "Witness" to them! 😠

And just remember, NOT EVERY GHOST IS A DEMON! Some people on this web site have been watching just a wee bit too much of "Paranormal State"! 😆

Best wishes, Akemi, whatever you decide to do.

~ Watersprite
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
assuming this is the spirit of a person that once lived there is no guarantee that you could contact him or he would wish to speak with you, or that he would be allowed to speak with you through a ouija board. Most likely you would be in contact with decieving spirits that would lie to you and definetly not have your best interest at heart. I see no reason for the use of ouija boards.
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
No. Dont ignore it because it may beocme worse. I think you should ask it to leave, plainly. Try to find out who this shadow is. But please get rid of it or it will make your life miserable. I know some people who also have been followed. At first it wan't extreme but then it was unbearable. 😐
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Ignore it, leave it completely alone. If you think that you hava a sprit then you are probably feeding it and unknowingly keeping it around. There is nothing cute or trendy about it, it is abnormal and should not be there. Ignore every bump in the night and the bumps will go away. If you are of no partivular faith, get a Bible and read the New Testament, get to know Jesus. He will handle stuff like this for you if you trust your life to Him. If you can believe in a spirit in your house surely it would not be a stretch to believe that God's Holy Spirit is aroud everywhere all the time. You just need to reach out and ask Him to live inside of you and you will not have to worry about issues like this. Trying to contact the dead is necromancy any way you slice it and that is not a good thing to do. Let it go. Jesus is Love and Love drives out all fear.
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
i don't think it wants to hurt me either. Sometimes I feel as if something is about to happen like those horror movies because I feel its presence, and when I enter the room, I expect something to happen, but nothing ever does. I decided to try and talk to it, but nothing happened. Although I felt better for some reason. I just said a few things, and I felt better. My friend that I mentioned in my story has had a lot of experience with this kind of stuff since she is a psychic, and she said she could help me, but I don't want to involve her into this too much. Zzsgranny, you said I'm probably more of a curiosity to it, and that has crossed my mind too. What I don't understand is why its interested in me. My friend said it mite be a family of some sort, so I tried to find out a bit about my family, but there's nothing out of the ordinary. I thought maybe I have some hidden psychic ability of some sort that attracted it, so I tried to find out if I had one. My friend said it seemed possible that I had one, and I took many online tests, none of them seemingly accurate except one. Most of the tests were only for a specific ability, but this one was able to identify the type the test taker had. It said I had telpathy, but I still don't know if its true. Is there any way I can find out what type of psychic I am?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
Akemi: I agree with aussiedaz...Don't try to do it alone...You're too young and inexperienced to deal with it if it's not so nice... I don't think that it means any harm though... If you haven't been hurt to this point, then I would say that you are more of a curiosity to it, so making contact, WITH some one who knows how to do it properly, is your best bet... Just my opinion ❤
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
i hate this, I don't know if the spirit is trying to hurt me or not, but I keep having an uncomfortable feeling when I'm alone in my house, even in daylight. Now the feeling is getting to me, and I keep imagining frightful things. Worst of all is that if I tell my mother, she will probably laugh and say its my imagination. But I really think I'm not imaging this. I asked out loud once what it wants, but it doesn't respond. I don't have a recorder to see if it will respond, and I don't know how to get one without my parents finding out. I'm only 15, and there's no way anyone would listen to a girl like me talk about a spirit that seems to follow me. I just want to know if this thing is harmful or not. I will try to find out the history of this location, but I don't know if it will help me find out about why it wants to follow me.
PseudoHuman (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
I definitely agree that you should in NO circumstances use a Ouija board. I have before and I instantly regretted it. I had the same thing happen to me except it would follow me at work! I have also heard my name being called a few times at my current house. You can always perhaps have an investigator come in or talk to a medium but if you want it to leave, I would suggest just talking to the spirit out loud and saying that he makes you uncomfortable and to leave you alone. It worked for me! Good luck!
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
definately stay away from the Quija board!

I've had similar issues with seeing things in the corner of my eye, feelt like I was being watched, sometimes you see things dart right in front of you.

My advice is to research the house, see if it or the land has any history to it.

Stay away from any rituals trying to contact what ever it is, you don't know what you'll get.
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
thank you for the help everyone who has commented so far. I will try to use some of the advice that is posted.
XDHunterXD (4 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Oh hell nah. Dont use that board! The best thing to do is try to make peace with the ghost. I have had experiences with an ghost calling my name. After about an week when I talked mentally asking it to leave. I thought I just got lucky. Thats my luck, not yours. Try conversating with. Maybe it is peaceful. But beware! If it is corrupt then you better have some holy water or an cross. That would probably cleanse it. Try drinking the holy water. It cleanses you of any unwanted spirits. But good luck with your problem
Yours Truly,
Hunter
gothguy32 (6 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
BEWARE! Spirits can be corrupt if possess's you after you contact it via a bloody altar and some herbs and bones it will PROBABLY stay
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
You can contact this spirit, but let me advise you if you do, others will probably follow. Spirits are always seeking out those of us, who can receive or want to contact them, but if you are the type of person that frightens easy I would suggest you give it a miss, unless activity in your house increases then you may have to bring in a medium.
kevinsolis777 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
you can get a recorder and ask it what it wants and to speak into the recorder, then play it back louder and see if you got anything

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: