You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is This Toby?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This Toby?

 

I don't really know where to start but here goes.

In April 2009 my granddaughter Evie was born to my daughter and her boyfriend. My daughter's boyfriend had a brother that was killed in a car crash in June 2007. His name was Toby and he was 23 when he died. Since Evies birth my daughter Megan who is 21 years old, and her boyfriend Ben, who is 23 years old, have been experiencing strange goings on in their house.

The property they live in is fairly new, around 10 years old and they have never had any experiences before Evie was born. It all started one night around 9 months ago when Ben thought he heard the doorbell ring. He went to the door but nobody was there, so thought it was kids messing about. This happened another 2 times that night. What I will just say is that Ben is the most skeptical person you will ever meet! He has never believed in anything like this before. Anyway, they have had doors closing behind them, main lights going on in the house, the shower starting up unexplainably, strange noises on the baby monitor and this constant feeling that there is someone else in the house with them.

When Megan goes into Evies nursery during the night to check on her she always feels there is someone else in the room. Things have also been happening to Ben at work, he is an electrician for a local company and often feels there is someone with him or the presence of someone.

The other evening Evie was asleep in my house in the front room in her pram, we were all sitting in the living room with the door open to the front room. When I say all of us there were Megan, Ben, my other 3 children and myself watching TV. Evie woke up so I went through to get her and sat on the chair with her on my lap. I left the door open to the front room with the light still on when I saw an image walk past the door on the inside of the dining room through the glass pane in the door. Then instantly the door closed quickly. I said to everyone in the room with me "who is in the front room", they all looked at me thinking I was mad! I walked in the room and there was nobody there. I think this is Evies Uncle Toby keeping watch on her, and has a strong connection with Ben and Megan. Ben is a bit spooked by it all as he says he has had to change his way of thinking about things. Megan feels ok about it as do I, but my other children are a bit unnerved.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eviesnanny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Hi Eviesnanny I do believe something is with your daughter and her boyfriend and it doesn't seem to be very threatning. You mentioned that they had no previous experiences in the house or around the time his brother passed away. There could be a good chance it is her uncle and another possibility is that maybe something has been brought in to the house, like an object which has something attached to it just a thought!

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: