You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Man In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Man In The Corner

 

If you read my story "Angry Presence" then you are familiar with how the house was and is!

In the new lounge/kitchen towards the back end of the house I used to sleep there when I lived there 2-3 years ago!

One night I'm pretty sure it was a Friday night I had gotten off the phone to my then fiancé after speaking with him for about 4 hours! I then decided to read a book because I couldn't sleep and didn't want to go inside were everybody else was and watch TV. I was too comfortable lying down all rugged up. About half way through this book something from the corner of my eye caught my attention, so I looked up and right in front of me in the kitchen area there was a tall dark man looking at me as if he were peering through my soul. I couldn't see through this person it was as if he were real...

Now I never drifted off and dreamt this I was wide awake because again I just couldn't sleep! This thing stood there for at least 2 minutes staring at me and when I had the courage to blink about a thousand times and slightly move as I had frozen up he was gone. I looked around but there was nothing in sight and since then I haven't seen this thing. I don't know what he wanted or why he was there but it was and it came to me.

My mum has mentioned to me on many occasions that when she is sleeping she feels as if there is someone there peering at her from the side of the door, so maybe it's the same ghost I don't know. She has also woken up to someone at her window just staring outside and she asked who it was standing there thinking it was one of us (her children) but no one answered and then it disappeared.

I absolutely hate my mum's room. I always feel that there is someone there watching

Other hauntings by omgisitreal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, omgisitreal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
It sounds to me as if it was one of the Abroiginal natives that used to live in the areas all around Australia. I myself am a medium, which means I speak with spirits, see spirits, and feel them. And I don't feel that he is trying to hurt, he is just simply observing you. I don't know if you are white or Abroiginal yourself, but if you are Abrogiginal then there is a chance he is wondering why you are the way you are now, he feels like a older spirit, so that would make sense. Things were way different in his time than they are now, so his confusion is sound.

If he is bothering you, let him know that you would like him to stop but do this politely, or send him away. Whichever you feel safest doing. I don't know what religon you are, but if you believe in God, then send him away in God's name and tell him never to return, if that is what you feel is best to do.
Good Luck! 😉
omgisitreal (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
hi DARKNESS I'm in sydney.

There definately is something there becuase its been happening for years now. I know that a man called fred died in the house before my mum bought it. He had a heart attack and he was a very timid, to himself, bars on the windows type man from what my mum told me! About the land, well I'll have to look into that!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Hi omgisitreal I seriously think something could be residing there and it doesn't seem to be residual the whole peeking around the corner is such a classic example of a haunting. Can I ask where bouts in Australia you are from I'm from Perth I love hearing about hauntings in Australia. Maybe you could find out something bout the history of the house or the land you live on.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: