You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr. Riddell's Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Mr. Riddell's Chair

 

This is my first story here and I am going to tell you about the most vivid ghost sighting I have ever had.

It was the summer of 2008 and I was 14 at the time, my family and I were up at our cottage that we have had since I was 7 on Sparrow Lake. We went up there often as much as possible, I knew every nook and cranny of the place and felt very at home there. My room at the time had a nightstand with a lamp on it, my bed and beside my bed there was an old chair that had been in the cottage as long as it's been around. That night my oldest brother was away at camp and my little brother was in the very next room, I had gone to bed at a fairly regular time. I woke up during the night and went down stairs to get a drink of water; the time was around two in the morning. After I had my drink I walked back up the stairs to get back into my room, I turned the corner and looked towards my bed, there was a man sitting beside it in that old chair, he looked around his fifties or sixties, he had on a nice old fashion looking suit and bowler cap. He looked up at me with a completely none expressive face, but in his eyes it seemed as if he was laughing. I was not frightened of him but he did scare me. I turned the corner and ran down the stairs, after about an hour I came back upstairs to my room and the man was no longer there. I went over to the chair and moved it to the other side of my room and went to bed.

I never told my family about this story and about two weeks after my experience I walked down the stairs and an elder lady was talking to my mom, she owned the cottage before we bought it, she now has one just down the road, she brought a picture of her great grandfather the man who had built this cottage. I can almost guarantee you that the man who built this cottage was the same man who gave me that visit that night.

Thank you very much for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cassidy132, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cassidy132 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Thank you very much for the nice comment, it is great to tell my story.
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
wow good story! And wow I just enjoy this story thanks for sharing it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: