You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Floating Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Baby

 

My story may seem unbelievable but according to my parents, it's true. As I recall, the story goes a little bit like this. It was a nice typical day, my parents got home from the grocery store a little bit tired and decided to go to bed and rest. At this time, I was still an infant, about 8 months old. They put me on the bed with them in the middle to be exact. They laid there, just talking what married couples talk about.

Out of a sudden, my mother noticed out of the corner of her eyes that I was being lifted from the bed. At this moment, she assumed it was my father wanting to put me in my crib. As she turned to face him and tell him to just let me stay there, she was shocked at what she saw. According to her I was floating on top of the covers. No one was holding me up or anything. She immediately woke up my father who was on the other side of me sleeping and asked him if he saw what she was seeing at that moment. Both of them were still in shock of what was happening in front of their eyes. My mother then explained as she was seeing this, she didn't know exactly what to do and just opted to put her hand in between me and the bed covers to see if maybe it was a trick... As she moved her hand from side to side she saw that there was nothing absolutely nothing holding me up. Immediately, she grabbed me and put me against her chest.

I recall my parents telling me that they didn't know what happened that day but since then, they haven't found and explanation for it. They don't want to go in believing in sorcery but they haven't found any logical explanation for what happen. After I heard that story, sometimes I wonder that since little, I had something to do with this weird occurrences as for while I was growing up, I always saw things that I couldn't explain.

So what do you think? Is it just me or is there something out there following me?

Other hauntings by Deco1082

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Deco1082, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

massengill20 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
well I do not think that your story is unbelievable, when I was around 8 months old my mom had forgot to bukle me in my babyseat in the van we had I guess when she hit the bracks I went flying out and stoped mid air and floted there for awhile and then landed on the ground like someone had set me down. I also have had a lot of weird occurrences gorwn up that I can not explain I do not know if you will read this but if you do maybe there is more people who have had this happen to them.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Was there a spirit holding you up? Or does your family have any ancestors that perhaps did witchcraft? And it got passed down over the generations?

Who knows, I'm jsut throwing out a suggestion lol

thanks for the story

god bless
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
I am wondering about your background, Annie. You specifically said that your parents do not want to believe in sorcery. Is there perhaps a reason that this thought would occur to them?
There are many different sects of religion who believe and do levitation exercises, but then there are also those that fear anything that is completely out of the "norm".
I do not think that this has anything to do with a separate being other than yourself. You started seeing and hearing things when you were around four or five, and that had to start somewhere. Perhaps this was your initiation?
I do think, for most of us, we could deal with a little more information. I only gave a few ideas, but they could be completely off the mark as I am only going on what I am feeling while reading this, and the words you wrote. Please supply more.
Thank you for your story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Hmmm... A floaing baby? 😕 I`ll have to think on this one for awhile. It`s not that I don`t believe you, I do but without more information it`s hard to what what caused it.

FRAWIN ❤
Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Hi! I agree with Emma. But in any case there are lots of explanations about your levitation (floating) that don't involve ghosts. Actually, you should research that word (levitation, I mean) in google. Pretty interesting!
Blessed be!
Nai.
Bie (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Nice story! But I too agree with Emma. You should first tell us about your other incidents.

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Bie
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-04)
i was reading a book tonight on ghost. And on one of the page it talking about a women who passed away why having her baby. The man moved out of his house he could not live there and this other family moved in with a baby. The women would go to look on her baby and see a women ghost looking on her. What it was she thought it was her baby. She did not know she passed away. I thought you would like to hear that.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
i am with Emma and the guest what they both said. I would talk with your family. There nothing wrong. Maybe this ghost when it was a live it wanted a child and could not have any or it could have been looking over you maybe there was other things that your family did not see and the one that was with you was keeping you safe. It could have been someone that your family knew that passed on why your mom was having you and she wanted them to see you it was there way of letting her know they did. We never know why they are with us but they know why they are here.
mystic (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
nice story huh...?
i think its upon to your background...
maybe you have to ask your parent about this...?
maybe they are hiding something...
just try it...
there's no more wrong about that...!
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Before we can tell you what we think, I think you should tell us about your other weird occurrences that you've had while growing up. I look forward to reading them. Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: