You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Why Me

Real Ghost Stories

Why Me

 

As a child, I had always seen "things". I'm not so certain, but I always felt things around me. I'm Hmong, 18 years of age and my grandfather is a shaman. I'm not really sure how to explain some of my experience, but what I can say is that sometimes the thing comes and goes. I'm not afraid of it, just a little unsure. Most people wouldn't believe me, but I can relate to that. The only people I had told are my siblings and my mom.

My first encounter was when I was at my grandpa's house (the one who is a shaman). I was sleeping on the sofa and my uncles were sleeping on the ground by the window. My aunt was sneaking outside to meet her boyfriend and had asked me if I wanted to come. I told her no and that I was tried. That night, as my aunt left to go outside, I heard or saw something floating in mid air. From my point of view, I can tell this woman was young, more like in her 20's. Her head was facing down and I think I heard her crying. But I'm not sure as to what was happening. This woman floated out my grandpa's door. It's because his door is down the hallway where the sofa was facing. She was coming closer and closer towards me. I was afraid of what was going on, so I hid under the cover. But as time quickly passed by, I ran outside to join my aunt. She was in shock as to why I was outside. But I only told her I couldn't go to sleep. When it was time to go inside, I didn't want to go in, but forced myself to go in. That night I slept in between my uncles.

This was just one of my first encounters, but I always thought it was a dream. Never so sure if this was real or not, but as I grew older, the encounter became more and more realistic. Such as, when I'm watching T.V or reading a book in the night. My hair will be push back or a light would pass by. With these kinds of things going on, I always make up excuses as to what is happening.

My second encounter was when I was probably 13 or 14. I was sleeping one night and around 3 or 2 am; I suddenly felt my whole body became stiff. I couldn't breathe or open my eyes. My head felt as if something big was sitting on me or like I was being smothered by something else. In my mind I was asking for my grandfather (who died when I was 11. Not the one who is a shaman) to help and protect me. In that instant, my breathing became normal.

My third encounter was when I was 17 years old. I was sleeping in my room. I think it was late at night when I felt a presence by my side. I think I felt 3. Because my side bed was crush down as if someone was sitting there, two on my left side and one on my right side. I kept my eyes closed and begged for it to go away. Eventually it went away. These things happened two nights in a row. My second night I felt like there was 2 sitting on my bed or it was standing on top of me. I didn't dare open my eyes. The next day I told my mother. She asked me if it had tried to smoother me or anything like that. I said no. All I felt was 3 presences or two on each side. She said if it happens again, just tell her. It happened, but I didn't really mind. It was because it didn't do anything to me. I haven't told my mom yet. But this time it would be sitting at the edge of my bed.

I don't really know as to how explain the rest, because they usually come and go. What I really want to know is that, am I feeling things because my grandpa is a shaman and I may have inherited some of his genes or am I next in line to take over the shaman world once grandpa passed away?

I'm sorry if this story is somehow unexplainable, but next time I can try to explain it better.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChuJully, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kxiong123 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
You can't run from being a shaman. When a ghost shaman has picked you, you have to accept or you'll die.
ChuJully (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
thank you for the help everyone and DeMoGoRgoN. I'm going to check out "Mora".
sonnika (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
😆 AHA I HAVE A EXPL oops caps explanation either poltergiest activity like me or just ghost
DeMoGoRgoN149 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
Chujully
Your 1st and 3rd expirinces might be cause of your gift. Your 2nd expirience I'm 100% sure it was caused from a Female Demon called Mora. I know that cause it happened to me too and I researched about my incident.
Thanks for sharing your story.
shiver222 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
I would really try to track down your grandpa, or another shaman in your culture. By sharing your experiences with them, they might be able to provide some valuable insight.

I don't think you're destined to take over as a shaman necessarily. But you could if you want to. It sounds like a gift that you could hone if you would like. If you develop the gift, you could grow very wise. If you hide from it in fear, it will dissolve over time.
mileyfan (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
Strange Experience Chujully. I hope whoever the spirits are just leave you to yourself and stop scaring you. If you have inherited some genes from your grandpa, then you must accept it as a gift. Use this to help people. 😁
ickxtan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
If you want to get rid of this kind of gift or skill; whether you're a shaman or not--I had the same experiences like you. The only thing that made it worked was I got busy doing stuff. Became more active than normal; doing in sports and a lot of curricular activities. Not giving me such time to focus on the gift.

Consciously as time passes by, that gift I had in me was gone. I can't feel them nor see them. And if ever how hard I try it seems impossible to do it again.😁
ChuJully (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
thank you, but I haven't seen my grandpa since I was 15. I don't know where he is. But thanks again!
BansheeLee (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
Thank you for sharing your story. I think that you should consult with your grandfather who is a shaman. He would be able to help you in this matter. Do not continue to go through this alone. Consulting with your mother and your grandfather could help you figure out why these spirits are bothering you and how you could help get rid of them. Best of luck!
Marlean (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Well, it could have something to do with your grandpa. I don't know about you inheriting anything once your grandpa dies but my guess is that it's a genetic thing. Three of my siblings are the same way but none of my other relatives for some reason. I don't see ghosts myself, but I know for a fact that my siblings weren't lying about the things they've seen. But you might want to keep an eye on this website. A lot of other people who have similar gifts show up quite often.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: