You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Seeing A Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing A Ghost Cat

 

I am from a family that really doesn't believe in the paranormal. However my grandma and my aunt and I do. This story is about when me my mom and step dad moved into this old country house where my step dad's cat passed away in December.

She passed away in my room waiting for me to return from a trip that I made to Florida to visit my dad and my brother for a few months. After she passed away I kept seeing her every so often. We do have another cat named Butterfinger but it wasn't her. Though I really cannot explain it, I did tell both my mom and step dad and they told me that it could have been baby Ruth or it could have been Butter finger our other cat.

I told them no it's not "Butter" it was "baby Ruth" running past me. I thought I was going to kick her like I normal did, not in a mean way either, because she used to stop in front of you or stop and then fall over. This happens a lot when I talked about her.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how I can send her away or should I just let her stay here on earth haunting me every so often? But I do love that cat to death I do what I can to get her back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tiffbest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

norwegiancat (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
To Shiver222!
Hi!
Well, according to Eastern European believes, the soul of the parted is still with us for nine days. This means that kitty's soul or energy left behind is still on Earth. Thus, he could have traveled anywhere on Earth. It takes than about 40 days to leave the Earth and travel to a great beyond (I hope that such place exists). Finally on 40th day, the soul of the parted left the Earth and went to a Great Beyond.
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I had a cat that passed away not so long ago and since then I never had a cat. But I started feeling her walking after me or like she is sitting on my legs or sometimes rubbing her head in my arms. Aura was a cute cat, playful, energic but sometimes lazy 😆 I miss her and I want her to know that she can alwasy be in my house haunting it as long as she likes and I will never piss her off I will always love her ❤

Best Wishes, Mirela x ❤
Loki (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
That happens to me too it makes me sad because I remember how nice my cat was. 😭
Haines3d (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hey there,
I have a question for you all about ghostly cats.

I moved into an apartment with a room mate about 3 years ago now and strange things have been happening from day one. The first night we slept in the apartment we both at different time of the night saw a pair of yellow eyes glaring at us before moving behind a wall. We did not see the eye's at the same time or in the same place but both said something about it the next morning to each other. We both kept waking up in the mornings from then on with small scratches on our chests and faces. Very small, only about an inch in length and nothing to deep, and they'd be healed within the day they were discovered. My room mates son, age 5 at the time came to spend a night with us (he stayed with her aunt because of the small 1 bedroom apartment for spaces sake) So we put him to bed and were up watching t.v. When he begins to have a night terror. The night terror lasted about 4 hours and was really disturbing, he had scratches on his body and when I asked him what his bad dream was about the next day he exclaimed the monster with yellow eye's was scaring him. Now, this is odd considering there was no talk of the yellow eye's we had seen to him at all prior to him spending the night.

Months went by and slowly the scratches began to lessen, but on the odd occasion I would feel something put pressure on the blanket by my feet. I would dismiss it as nothing though.

Later on I got a new room mate and the scratches began again. This time they plagued my new room mate. One day I walked into the bathroom and found a single paw print in the bathroom sink. Perfectly shaped, flawless, it's was made with dirt. Not a lot of dirt but like dust almost. I took a picture. It was weird. So then we starting thinking that perhaps it's cat, or ghost cat for that matter that haunts this apartment.

My girlfriend started staying the night more and more often and she still to this day after staying the night 3-4 nights of the week wakes up with scratches on here body.

The question I ask is this. Has anyone ever been plagued with un-explainable scratches that are related to a possible ghost cat event? Please let me know what you think.
shiver222 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
My beloved kitty just died 10 days ago and both my husband and myself feel his presence too. We've heard him yowling when bored (just as in life!) and we feel him lying in the nooks of our arms in the morning as we wake. He was such a sweet cat and always did this.

I'm just telling my cat Fireball that I love him and miss him and that he is welcome to stay as long as he wishes. I also want him to know that his soul is free to move forward with other lessons.

Even so, it's very hard to let him go. ❤
ickxtan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I had a lot of pets who died long time ago. But they never stick long enough that will creep you out. Spirits in my experience, as long as you ignore them they'll eventually just disappear. They're like living people who has ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) they just wanted to get noticed.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I agree with michellelovesghosts and lazria. Definitely you should talk to her, tell her everything's okay, and that you love her. Your thoughts will be communicated to your sweetie, believe me. If you want her to go away, she probably will eventually, like the other two people said. But absolutely tell her not to worry, because I can tell you, cats do worry. They have the mind of a three-year-old human child, and just want "Mommy" to tell them everything's alright.

Best wishes, and I am so sorry to hear about your little buddy. 😭

~ Watersprite
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
all living creatures have souls and I think this kitty was very happy here alive. Animals will always pass away when your not there, they don't want you to feel bad. Kitty prob wants to hang out and say hello then eventually be on its way.
My kitty always throws himself on the floor and rolls around when I come home from work. I guess its his way of saying I love you! Then I smother him with kisses... Awww ❤ ❤ 😊
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
If your kitty passed on while waiting for you to return, she could be hanging around, still waiting for you. I would suggest making your peace with her, explain that you didn't mean to be so late returning, you missy her, etc. If it is your kitty, perhaps she'll hear and understand and finally move on. Otherwise, get used to seeing her around for a bit, but she may finally stop coming round on her own (mine did). Good luck and well wishes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: