You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Of My Mom's Brother

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Mom's Brother

 

I was about four or so when this happened...

We had just moved into our apartment, my mom and dad went out for a smoke so I followed with them, and I started dancing and talking to someone, I could see perfectly. Brown hair, about 5'10", old looking clothes... All of a sudden my mom asked "Who are you talking to?" I glared at her and said "Joey. But he's sad." and she asked "Why is he sad?" and I answered "Because he died. He shot himself." My mom and dad were in complete shock, Joey was my mom's brother and he committed suicide before I was even born and never in my life did they tell me about him.

The following night I went to bed by myself, because of course as a kid I wanted to be a big girl so I slept by myself, I rolled over then opened my eyes because something woke me up, and I saw the same figure standing in my doorway, staring at me. I thought it was my dad or something, so I shrugged it off and lay back down. Then I woke up again, this time the room was completely freezing, and I had the heater on the whole time and had a good amount of three covers over me because it was snowing and freezing. This went on for about three months I would to say. I thought it would stop, but it seemed to get worse and worse.

My 5th birthday I was with my grandma since my parents went out. It was about midnight when I went to bed; my grandma fell asleep on the couch. I felt something pull the covers off of me and grabbed my leg, but it disappeared when I woke up. It left a bruise on my leg; the pressure was what woke me up. A year after that we finally moved into a two storey house, my room happened to be on the top. There was about... Two flights of stairs to go down to where you reached the living room. One night I rolled over and was unable to sleep, so I got out of my bed and headed down stairs to go into the kitchen to get a glass of chocolate milk, the last flight of stairs something grabbed me and threw me down, ended up waking my mom up by crying my eyes out.

I still shudder at the thought.

Other hauntings by Wolfie234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolfie234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RTL89 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
ahhhh see, these are the kinds of stories I absolutely LOVE!

Why would you, as a young child, make up a story that bears a huge resemblance to truthful events and people's names? You know what you saw... It was so clear in your mind back then. And the fact that you had no prior knowledge about your uncle before it happened is simply remarkable
Wolfie234 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Thank you for all the replies.:)
I talked to my parents about it a few days later, its calmed down a lot over the years but I still see ghosts, sometimes even demons but that is very rare for me.
CJ - Yeah, I remember being lifted about a foot off the ground and getting tossed down, I even felt the hands on the back of my shirt. The only injury I remember getting was slamming my head on the wooden floor.
Once again, thank you all for posting.:)
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
hi interesting story, sad about your uncle, did you talk with your parents about this and has things settle down over the years. Not a good thing to grab your legs at the stairs. Thankyou for sharing 😊
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
What an interesting story! I suppose I am what would probably be called a late bloomer in terms of seeing things, hearing things, and learning to recognize that I've pretty much always sensed things, but to be such a young child and see/experience such things had to of been emotionally terrifying.

Did you ever try explain to your parents (to the best of your ability at the age you were of course) what was going on and what you had been experiencing? Also, I wanted to make sure I understood your statement about the incident on the stairs... " the last flight of stairs something grabbed me and threw me down, ended up waking my mom up by crying my eyes out." -- Do you mean you were actually tossed down the last flight of stairs and were you injured? Have you had any other experiences since then?

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! 😊
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
Great story! Thank you for sharing your experiences. ❤

Sincerely,

Watersprite

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: