You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Conjured Ghost Lady In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Conjured Ghost Lady In My Apartment

 

When I was in college I thought it would be fun to play with the Ouija board, I played with it by myself and didn't follow any of the rules that should have been followed. I played with it almost every night for weeks until strange things started to happen in my apartment. The lights would cut on and off by themselves, the TV would cut on and off by itself whenever we were watching it too. My cat would act weird and chase things back and forth in the upstairs hallway.

My bedroom was at the top of the stairs and I used to sleep with my bedroom door open. One night while I was sleeping I felt someone staring at me -- you know that feeling that you have when someone is looking at you and you wake up because you can feel them staring? Well I opened my eyes and looked at my bedroom doorway which was also at the top of the stairs. Standing on the stairs was a woman wearing a long gown - like a wedding gown or some type of turn of the century dress. She was standing on her tip toes looking at me and I in turn was looking at her! Her hand was on the banister as she balanced herself on her tip toes to get a better look at me! I jumped off the bed and kicked the door shut. I didn't sleep for the rest of the evening and stayed that way until the sun came up.

One night my boyfriend stayed over and I had woken up early to go to class. I never told him about the Ouija board or the ghost lady. He said that he would stay with me all day and didn't have to go to class. When I returned from class he was tying his shoes and getting ready to leave. I said, I thought you were going to stay with me all day? He said I was, but I was asleep and I felt someone staring at me and when I woke up a lady with a long dress on was looking at me curiously with her head tilted to the side! He said that he opened and closed his eyes a few times and then she went away. He said that he didn't want to stay in my apartment anymore after that.

How can it have been a coincidence that my boyfriend saw the same exact woman that I saw? I am pretty sure that I allowed her into my apartment from playing with the Ouija board, I am just lucky that she wasn't a bad or evil entity.

Did I learn my lesson? Of course not! Wait until I tell you what happened after I graduated and started to play with the Ouija board at my grandmother's house

Other hauntings by isis80

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, isis80, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
i am not angry at all - I posted part2 for anyone who's interested - please go and read: Playing w/the Ouija Board 2

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8484
gbmary4049 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
i want part 2! 😁 the ghost part is scary but the ending is a bit funny... (sorry about my comment if I made any of you angry)
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Ouija boards have more than supernatural issues related to them. There are a few psychological conditions that they can, and often do cause, these conditions aren't major but they can be very unsettling.

Have you ever heard of the "Self Fulfilling Prophecy"? Ouija tends to create them, making people more open to supernatural feelings (real or created) and playing Ouija often begins to fool the mind into paranoia based on films, books, television that the player might have seen that relate. Some people, in controlled experiments even, begin to see ghosts and are often lead by the testers to see and hear almost anything they are told.

Now that was the skeptic part. If you are having true paranormal events it is just based to STOP all Ouija use, never even look at it again, never even think about it.

Now a final skeptic and hopefully helpful view, most Ouija boards are made by the makers of board games. I myself have a Parker Bros, Milton and Bradley, and a World of Warcraft (which I don't play) Ouija board and I find it hard to believe that those fine companies are in league with the devil. I am not making light of your problem and if you are truly having supernatural issues I say take all the advice your heard here and stop using the board.

You've come to a very good site if you are experiencing real paranormal events, it seems most of the posters here are very helpful and I'd take their advice.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Hi isis80 well she seems to be a very curious lady the standing on the tip toes and also the tilting of the head to the side it actually sounds quite creepy. I'm glad you have moved and she has not followed you seems as though you have learnt your lesson with ouija board look forward to hearing from you again.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
never ever play with a ouija boared there cursed and the more you play with them the more your opening a door to th othe dimension
ghostsrweird55 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
That actually sounds pretty cool and by the way I have ghosts experiences since I was two years old
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
jennyboom I moved out of that apartment and came back home. The ghost lady did not follow me!
Jennyboom (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Do you still see the ghost lady? If not, how did you get her to leave you alone? I have read quite a few stories on this site about ouija boards and all the comments for those stories are usually chastising the person for not taking it more seriously. What exactly are you supposed to do if you are haunted because of playing with the ouija? Is there ever a circumstance were it is safe to use one?
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
please note that I am much older now and am re-telling a story that happened to me. I no longer play with ouija boards, they are not allowed in my home!
miley (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
I totally agree with all the anti-Ouija boards, haven't tried it and don't have plans for it.
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
(Sigh) ... Why do I even bother, listen to me Miss, you're just lucky that thing ain't bad, use more of that and you will have a living Hell (Sorry for my words). You should stop while you can before its too late. Have a nice Life. Ohh, and a word of wisdom, do not use an Ouija Board Anymore!
robertbjgvch190 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Thats some powerfull stuff... I'd say be carefull but if your going to be wreckless at least I get to read about it
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
hey hey! That's why people say not to "play" with ouija boards... It can make weird things happen!
You know ghosts are/were human. They are scary because they are dead and we think they should not be with us. Next time you see her just tell her not to look at you like that and that she must leave your house. Politely.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I am also anti ouija boards and I only played with them because I was young and didn't know any better. I won't even look at one anymore and reading these stories has brought back memories that have scared the crap out of me!
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Need part 2 NOW lol
Although I am anti-ouija boards now, I am facinated with stories from people who have used them.

Kiwi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: