You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nightmares In The Dark Not Just Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmares In The Dark Not Just Nightmares

 

I have always been scared of the dark, ever since I was a little girl and shared a bed with my sister I would wake up in the middle of the night from a nightmare usually on top of her, she never seemed to notice. I would just lay there unable to move and listen to the silence of the dark. This went on for years until my family moved us to a bigger house and I had my own room where I slept with the lights on. The first time I knew something strange was going on, was at eleven, sleeping in my new room; I had stayed up watching cartoons and like always left my light on, my room door locked and the blinds shut because of my phobia of stalkers.

This one night I woke up around 3 a.m. To the touch of someone tracing a shape with their finger on my lower stomach slightly above my hip, the shape was that of a star or a triangle and as soon as I awoke the touch stopped. I looked around the room and noticed the TV was on a different channel, the lights off, my blinds open, and even more frightening my underwear were around my ankles, but my jeans were still zipped up and buttoned (I have a tendency of sleeping fully dressed); Of course the first thing I did was turn on the lights and check my door but noticed it was still locked. The next morning I told my mom but she just laughed it off saying it was probably a dream especially since I was the only that had a key. After that the sleep paralysis began. They happened a few times in the same room, but this time my bed was in the middle facing the closet, it was always around 3 a.m. I would snap out of my sleep and feel everything around me but I couldn't speak or move my body. There was just this really heavy feeling on top of me and I could hear a voice speaking and laughing, then it would just go away.

I always felt a presence of someone staring at me around the house, and again I played it off as my paranoia. Until one day as I sat in the living room in front of a window, I saw a tall man wearing a blue shirt quickly walk from my front yard into the backyard, thinking it was my dad I ran to the back but saw no one there. This has happened to four other women in my family who always run to the back to encounter this man but never do, and like always we only catch a glimpse of his shoulder and color of his shirt. Everyone has also been scared of the living room at night, where it gets especially dark, there is this one couch positioned on a corner where at night a shadow of a man sitting forms.

I live in Houston and in an area that was left without electricity for two weeks after hurricane Ike. Afraid of the dark as I am, I decided to sleep in my moms room hoping it would help with my fears, but that night I had a dream of an old lady telling me about the rituals her husband and her performed in the house, and how some books where stored in the attic, she also explained that they committed a sacrifice exactly on the spot where I was sleeping and began to laugh. That's when I woke up and realized I was sleeping on the side of the room that was a new addition to the house, making the spot where I was sleeping a part of the backyard hidden enough to be seen from neighbors.

The most recent ghostly dream I've had was also in the dark, but this time it was of my moms' deceased sister. My aunt died when she was pregnant some years ago. In my dream I didn't see a body or face; I just felt her calling me into my moms' room by moving some black shoes that had been left against the wall. When I entered the room her spirit was standing against the wall where the shoes had and I stood next to her. She spoke to me through thoughts in my head, crying she pleaded me to tell her family that her death was not an accident, that her husband had hurt her (as we all suspected), that she couldn't leave without telling us, and to take care of her daughter (she was expecting a little girl). I promised her I would and felt her spirit leave my side relieved. The next morning after waking up I went to my moms room and along the wall I had been standing to in my dream I noticed my aunts picture hanging on the exact same spot as she had been standing the night before (the picture had been previously hanging on the opposite wall, but my mom moved it to its new place a few days before), in the picture she wore black shoes.

According to my mom the day she took me home from the hospital after my birth she saw an elf lurking behind the door to the bedroom we were sleeping in, at the time she thought it was a child in her sleep daze but later realized there had been no children in the house. I have also come to a few near death experiences. I wonder if they have anything to do with my fear of the dark or the nightmares; any ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fizzdey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
well, this is not real actually you see your scared so much about the dark? Well. When somebody gets to scared of something their mind freaks out and starts to imagine things that are NOT really happening so you need to over come you're fear of the dark or anything like this... Or else you're mind WILL start to imagine thing even worse and you'll get scared real scarred Okay? People could have an attack just by imagining thing way tooo paranormal... 😨
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
By the way, I should have included this in the other post, but I am always open to answer questions. My email is kalakoala2 [at] yahoo.com

And that goes for anyone with questions, shoot me a email and I will gladly answer! 😁 ❤
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
From what I have read you say, it seems to me that you are what we call open. You are sensitive to the spirit world, as am I. You can hear them, feel them and sometimes see them. I have a dear friend that has dreams similar to yours, that are almost as if you are seeing the future.

I wouldn't tell the woman about your dream, it may frighten her and actually be the reason for her death, and it may not be.

Like I said it seems like you are a sensitive like myself, in which sense explains why your Aunt didn't go to your mother, but went to you instead. I am sorry to hear about her death at the hand of her husband, that is very sad. If you want any advice on how to handle the dealings with spirits, I'm always open for advice, and I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind offering it too, seeing as you both have the dream visions.

Good luck in life, and remember if a spirit makes you uncomfertable, like you told about, send it away. Tell it to go to anywhere but there and tell it never to return. I don't know what religon you are but if you believe in God, then say in God's name I command you to leave and never return. They have to listen, they have no choice in the matter at all.

Good Luck! 😉
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Fair enough, but spirits are not biased. They can communicate with anyone and make them believe. It will break your mother's heart, that she came to see you for the last time and not her. Don't be that open minded, it can be very deadly. Demons can also possess people that are open minded you know, so take that to account. Just a warning, not a threat! Don't take it personal!
fizzdey (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Thank you guys your comments really help me feel better.
I started keeping a dream journal for about two months now, a while back I had a dream of a hospital morgue and a woman who I always see at my job; I found this really bizzare and told my coworker the next day, I wanted to tell the woman since shes really nice and I enjoy speaking with her but she didn't visit for a while. When I finally saw her she told me she had just gotten knee surgery and her brother had passed away; I don't have the courage to tell her about my dream anymore.

I have tried to look into the history of my house but all I find is that it was built in the 1970's.

Bdfalcon I don't know why she didn't go to my mom, my explanation was that I'm more open to supernatural things then my mom is. As a little girl whenever we spoke about ghosts around my mom she would insist it was "the devil disguised as a loved one to get to you." maybe she felt if she came to me instead I would be more willing to listen.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I feeling same way, I am not scare of the dark it just make my nervous that all, shut the blind to the window its what I do cause I hate when things is watch me from the window seem I hate it cause I use to live ina trailer as a child and I been told that I been watching by the window and that make me nervous and uncomftable about that. The man made at been risidende before you and your family not sure just my opion.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
A high school friend of mine once woke up with her underwear and PJ bottoms down around her ankles. Years later, she wondered if maybe her dad had done something to her, although she has no memory of anything, and I don't know if anything had ever happened to her any other time. Your experience is more bizarre, as your door was locked, and your pants were still on. I don't know how that can happen, unless they're too big. Seriously though, your dreams, the after effects, and your mom's experience sound really scary. If you are Christian, I've heard of people on this site sleeping with an open Bible next to them. Maybe you could hang up a cross in your room too. I think princessLotus has a good idea about keeping a dream journal too, it helps you remember as well as relieve stress as you write. Good luck and God bless!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Your panties around your ankles and yet your jeans were still zipped? Panties on OVER your jeans? Or under?

Possibility of sleep walking going on?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
An elf, ok that's kind of overboard. I believe in almost every supernatural being, but an elf. Even if it was an elf, how come it's doing in our plain. But it goblims can do it, then I guess they can too lol! I had dreams like that before, comunicating with the dead it's really common now a days. But people just want to dream what they want to dream at times and the dreams do seem real to them. That they actaully believe in the dead telling them to help them. This story reminds me of the sixth sense. That movie open door ways to other possibilities. Your story has that! It can be anything! Death of the family, sleeping disorders, your obsession to keep stalkers stalkless, and maybe just a dream trying to make you understand of your aunt's death. Believe it or not, why does it need help int he first place. I mean she's probably in heaven by now and why don't she ask God for help? I have lots of questions about this story. The main question is why you? How come not her sister that knows so much about her that anyone else? Just answer those questions for me, dear!
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I understand the paranoia, the fear of the dark that boarders on terror. I keep all the doors and windows in my house closed and shuttered at all times too. I've found that a few things help me with my paranoia maybe they might help you.

I've taken to always keeping a flashlight on my person, somehow knowing I have it make me feel like I won't need it. I find that having sound keeps my paranoia at bay, soothing music (or heavy metal if you like it better, any sound the makes you feel happy seems to help), having posters or wall scrolls of images that fill you with feelings of protection, strength and happiness work for me too.

Now I tend to turn on lights as I travel around my home, always one to go to the next and so on, I'm guess you do the same? I'm an adult, getting towards 30 and I still do it so don't ever feel embarrassed of it, fear has no age limit.

Sometimes, just finding a friend that is willing to listen and not judge can help, maybe even in writing your story here you might find some strength in it.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
How are you now Fizzdy?
I mean like currently. Your experience is really interesting. Not sure I understand the birth experience, but the man entity fascinates me. I wonder about this man entity. I truly wonder who this man is that shows up in all children's life. I experienced a strange man when I was only seven.
Fascinating.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
hi Fizzdy! Maybe you can keep a journal of your dreams. Talk to someone to help you get a grip on them & grow to be able to control your fear of them. It sucks when these dreams effect us so negatively, I understand totally. & if you are open to it, before you go to sleep pray & ask the Lord to take control of you conscious & unconscious mind, I do & it helps. As far as talking to some one for guidance beware of stupid fakes, just do some research & ask to hear from others they have helped for references. You can never be too careful. Good luck sweetie & God bless.

~~LSD~~ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: