You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Haunted House

 

It happened when I was 8 or 9 years old, in our home. My older sister and I shared a room and bed. As a child, I was chicken-hearted. Every time I had to something I would ask my sister or somebody else to accompany me. Like when I needed to get something upstairs etc. One night or dawn (I'm not sure about the exact time, it's been a long time, I'm 32 now), I woke up to the sound of the chamber pot cover placing on our bedroom's wooden floor. My mom always puts the chamber pot in our room in case we want to pee, we didn't have a bathroom in our room. I never peed alone, I always waited for my sister to pee first then I would pee while she was awake. The chamber pot was just beside our bed. When I heard that sound, I immediately sat on the bed and looked to the direction where the chamber pot was because I also wanted to pee! To my surprise, there was nobody there. I saw my sister sleeping. I was so scared I lay back down and closed my eyes. I couldn't cover myself with my blanket, because my blanket was on the end of the bed. I was too afraid to move.

As I laid there frozen, I heard pee dropping down the pot, then it closed the cover. Then I heard it walking around the room, like it was looking for something. It went to the dresser, making noise with our staff there. My sister was in deep sleep I guess. I was praying she'd wake up, but she never did. Then after the dresser, that thing went to play with our toys. I had a baby grand piano in that room; I heard it press 2 or 3 keys. Then press the button of my sister's telephone toy, it was a short ring sound. I was like really frozen scared during that time. I still didn't move. Maybe that thing knew all the time that I was awake. Suddenly, it threw something to my direction. I heard it hit the wall just right beside my face. Then it left.

I'm not sure what it was but I'm very sure it was not a dream. That morning when I woke up, I told my mom about it, of course she didn't believe me. She told me that I was just dreaming. But when I told her that it threw something at me, we went to search what it was. And there it was a nail cutter from the dresser. But my mom still insisted it was a dream. Maybe to help me just forget about it.

There are lots of unexplainable things happening in that house until now. I'll tell my other stories on my next post. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by pinkyred77

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkyred77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostbuscus (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
Maybe it was a poltergeist. Just in case you didn't know, a poltergeist is a type of ghost or other supernatural being supposedly responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and objects moved around or destroyed.

I actually got scared when I read the part that maybe it knew you were awake and suddenly threw the nail cutter near you 😨
eeltonio (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
Hi pinkyred sorry took me awhile to post. Anyways just a little insight. The window of your old room was it facing a big tree? I am asking because I think the haunting is from the "occupants" of a tree near your old room.

Just a thought though.
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
I forgot to mention, eeltonio, our house is surrounded by trees. It could be the trees or the land. The house was ours, we were the first and only family who live there.
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Hi eeltonio, thanks for reading my story. Actually, I'm from Zamboanga City, Mindanao. And yes, now that I don't live there anymore (since I got married), I don't experience the same thing. But when I was in Cebu (College days), I had numerous experience in two places; my uncle's apartment and the other apartment where I also stayed (an old house). I stayed in 6 different apartments during my stay in Cebu.
The invisible entity in our house, might be a child, since my sister also saw a little girl (around 5 to 6 years old) staring at her while doing her laundry one evening. About 2 years ago.
eeltonio (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
hi pinkyred77 I believe you are also from the visayas area. Was your old house near a big tree? Because it sounds like it was a child and seems to know your place quite well. It might have been an elemental spirit and wanted to play with your or your sister. But since you are already in a different place I hope that you will not have the same or similar experiences now.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Sound like it angry want you to play with it and know you are awake it throw at you so you ingore the it. Sound like a child ghost though. I would feeling same way too if something like that scare me.
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Hi haflingers10, thanks for your comment. That's one of my childhood experiences that I can never forget. It still makes me think until now what that thing was, was it good or evil. Whatever it was, I'm glad I'm not living in our house anymore. 😁
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Thank you Fashionista777 for your comment. So far, in this new house we bought, everything is calmed. I never liked those experiences, it's just too terrifying. I hope too that things like these will never happen to me again.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I'm sorry for your terrifying experience, I hope it never happens to you again. I don't know how old you are, but I know that moms will usually lie to their kids about stuff like that when they are young so as not to scare them. There has been weird stuff that happened to me as a kid that my mom would take the blame for, so I wouldn't freak out, later, as I got older, she would admit that weird stuff went on, but she still doesn't like to discuss it. God bless you and take care!
haflingers10 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
wow, that's really shocking, I hope you were okay. If that happened to me, I would be frozen and to be honest I sometimes can't sleep is well and I sometimes need company when I need to get something, your not alone. I hope everything is going okay, remember if it is getting very serious try to bless the house. Then the hauntings will all stop, hope it works! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: