You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Astrologist Warned Us

Real Ghost Stories

Astrologist Warned Us

 

If you have read my previous story 'Encounter with a Burnt Child' you would know I came for an interview in Hyderabad.

After landing the job I was married after a year. My husband and I moved into a new flat with my husband. We used to have spiritual programs in our house and we had this little temple where we used to offer prayers and sing bhajans (Indian devotional prayers). The house was mostly fragrant with incense and ghee lamp (made by clarified butter). I think this is why we did not encounter anything weird. There was nothing to be afraid of and it was just a normal flat. Also, we never had only one person in the house at anytime as we both used to go to work together and come back together. Also, none of us ever went outside alone for shopping etc. We always liked to be together in whatever we did whether outside grocery shopping or inside household work like cooking.

One day during one of our spiritual program, an astrologer also came as he was friend to one of our regular visitors. After the program ended, we had a small chit chat and before leaving he just said - 'I can sense a negative presence in this house'. Initially we did not like what he said because our belief is if you surrender to God you have nothing to worry about. Even if there is some negative presence let it be as we are having regular prayers and that is countering its negativity. After he left we continued with our lives. We forgot about the incident.

One day I was not well and so could not make it to office. My husband left and asked me to take some rest. I had not taken any medicines as it was just a common cold and mild fever. The afternoon was warm and after eating my meal I already started feeling drowsy. I lay down on bed and closed my eyes. I was not yet asleep when my senses suddenly felt something in full speed, in a split second rush through the door in a curving angle right on my top. I was not able to move. I tried hard getting up but could not. As my eyes were closed I tried opening them but could not either. It was as if someone was choking me up. All this time I kept chanting the holy names of the Lord from the Vedas in my heart. After I think 30-45 seconds the force was suddenly lifted up. It felt as if the entity could not stand any more and had to give up. I rose up sitting on my bed sweating. I was very frightened. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I did not know what I would see next. I picked up my mobile to call my husband but later thought he will worry unnecessarily. He can't do anything sitting there in office anyway can he? Then I put some shamans (devotional prayers) on which were on my mobile and lay down again. I was unable to control my sleep. In the midst of the dim sounds of the shamans I slept like half asleep. There was no second attack. It is worth mentioning I did not have sleep paralysis anytime before at least not in last 5 years.

After my husband came back I told him what happened and he consoled me. He asked me to be spiritually a bit stronger because these entities try to attack only vulnerable people. Anyway after that we never had any second such attack.

But the story doesn't end here. We lived for next few months without any problems. In fact we forgot about the entity and became happy with our peaceful lives. One evening when we came back home the electricity was gone. It is common in many Indian cities even today that power gets cut off occasionally. So it was already dark and in pitch darkness we went up our flat using stairs. We opened the door, took the torch and lighted some candles. I went to the kitchen to fetch water. Kitchen was in one place in this house I did not like. Because the kitchen window used to open near the apartment stairs which meant there was no source for direct sunlight to enter the kitchen and it was mostly grey.

Anyway we took some water and snacks and then we decided what to cook. The electricity still had not been up. I went to kitchen to get ready things while my husband was getting freshened up to join me shortly. I had this candle on the platform and was pouring oil in a wok. Just above the platform were these wooden cupboards with doors. They were extended from the wall which means the top of the cupboards were flat extension from the wall where something can be kept or stored. The land owners had these very heavy glass panes around 2-4 of them on the top of this cupboard for future kitchen renovation work. Let me tell you these glass panes very well fitted the width of the cupboard top. I.e. The cupboard was 2-3 cm wider than the panes and so the panes were well settled inside the cupboard width with no part swinging outwards. They were very heavy and completely flat lying there safe and sound.

After I had hardly poured the oil and the wok was heating up, I heard a very high blasting sound right in front of me. Several thoughts came in my mind in a split second. Has the cylinder burst? No can't be because I am still alive. Is it a blast on the road? No the sound has come right here in front of me. The candle had gone off so I could not see anything. By this time my husband had already come rushing to kitchen with candle in his hand and a panicked face as to what has happened. Now in the candle light I could see very small shards of glass spread all around on the platform, in the wok, on the floor and everywhere.

We both got confused. How can the glass panes fall on their own unless they don't have an external force? There was no wind there anyway and even if there would have been, the panes were too heavy to be moved by wind. Can a home lizard do it? Lizards are common in Indian houses but they are just too small and weak to even move a pane by a millimeter. There was no cat or dog. And why would a cat go up the cupboard? The panes cannot fall on their own because as mentioned earlier they very well fit within the width of cupboard top without any of their part swinging out.

We had no option but to conclude it can be that entity the astrologer talked about. But what we thanked most was I was standing right in front of the platform right below the cupboard top. If the pane had fallen on my head I would be dead. But it didn't although logically it cannot be explained why the pane skipped my head. I was singing bhajans while cooking as it is my normal habit so I think God was merciful on me.

After this incident we continued living there for another few months until the landlord asked us to vacate as he had his relatives move in.

I am still skeptical if there was an entity at all in the house or if my experiences can have any other logical explanation.

Other hauntings by Anjali

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
Sorry you had the frightening experiences Anjali-- here's a thought: trapped heat.
Depending on the season when this happened, the floor on which your apartment is or was, and given that the electricity was out here are some things worth considering: was there heat trapped? (you mentioned the kitchen window opens to the staircase, maybe heat or cold got trapped?).

Heat travels higher and in apartments towards the ceiling where it 'rests' since there is no further way up. Your coming in and opening the doors may have shifted the hot or cold spots around, then you lit the candle and the stove to heat the oil. All this may have caused the temperatures to shift and or the glass pane to undergo further shifts in the temperature, causing it to splatter. FOr example, it happens on car windshields when all windows are rolled up and heat is trapped inside causing it to crack up the glass shield. This was posted a while ago, but just stumbled on it now, hopefully you are well wherever you are now. Best,
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
It was a good idea to put devotional music on your phone. It helps in some cases. But not all.

I'm glad you and your husband have moved out.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
[at] Anjali, did you enquire if the house had any history? Like somebody died, possibly a violent death, in the recent past before you moved in? Or any other tragedy? When we were buying a second-hand house, my mother-in-law advised me to do some investigation into the history of the prior owners, just to be safe. Also, conducting a vaastu shanti puja and regular sprinkling of ganga-jal and go-mutra helps. I personally always try to light a diya and agarbatti every morning and at the time of sunset (this is said to be a very negative time and lighting a diya and offering prayers dispels negativity). Hope this helps:)
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
was that house brand new when you moved in or was it second hand?
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
at imran7481, asking someone to sprinkle Holy water is not trying to spread Christanity, its just basically trying to help, if you are not comfortable with his comments then don't read them, the writer of the story doesn't seem to have any issues with his comment, so I don't think you should have any problem with it too. People post stories here to get knowledge and help with stuff happening to them, so if someone is trying to be nice and help appreciate it and PLEASE DON'T Make it about religions.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
imran7841 - wow, what on earth is wrong with you? Several of us have tried, patiently, to explain to you that JimD is not "preaching" or trying to "convert" anyone to his religion. If you and others of your faith do not want to read his comments, THEN DON'T READ THEM.

But DO NOT POST WARNINGS ON THIS SITE ABOUT HIM! If this is something that offends you, then maybe you should google or bing for a site that offers ONLY advice in the faith you are comfortable with!
imran7841 (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
JimD is spreading his Christianity here among Indian. Please beware of him...
monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
well, a bit of paranoia brought on by the astrologer yes. I think so. But what could of picked them panels up! On another note cats love high places. A high place to them is controlling there domain sort of speak. But, again, you had no animals in the flat. Glad to hear your out of there. May god bless you and keep you safe!
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Wow this was such an interesting story... True the Astrologer might have added to the paranoia, it has happened to me but then again the time gaps and the occurence in the kitchen is quite strange,I'm glad both you and your husband were unharmed, thank you for your story I guess there will always be things out there we can never understand and maybe were better off not understading. Take care and May God bless you. 😊
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I was just reading this story when I felt a presence and across the room heard the words come here! Now I'm seeing an orb please help! With my psychic powers I can't get away! I'm being attacked and I feel like I'm bein paralyzed! Help me please! Anyone psychic... Please send a message to the spirit using telepathy!HELP!
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Thanks very much to all for reading my experience. I am grateful for your help and advice.

JimD - thanks for the concern and suggestions. Thankfully we no longer live in that house and more thankfully, the entity has not followed us.

Fashionista777 - Thanks for your comments. Yes we were lucky to get out of that house for better.

Jennyboom - I hope you are right.

Nyarlathotepsama - I agree with you there. We also like to avoid such persons not because we don't believe them but because what is destined will happen anyway. If there is an entity in that house then it is. But knowing about it only makes us more vulnerable and uneasy thereby giving undue advantage to the entity itself.
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I hate to agree that you might have picked up a little bit of the paranoia. I'm a skeptic but I'm also open minded, but almost all forms of "Psychics" and seeing into the future are beyond my level of belief. It seems that most Psychics tell you one of two things, "Everything is going to be good" or "Everything is going to be bad".

Whichever way you mind begins to create Self Fulfilling Prophecy, making notice the things the fortune teller (no matter by what name they go it is what they are) said to you.

Now that being said, there is the possibility there are true psychics and there is no scientific no disbelieve in them, so it could be possible you found one that is real. If that is the case I'd almost say to avoid person because it only seems to make you feel uneasy. And that is no insult to you, I've had the same problem in my life and it caused me a lot of grief.
Jennyboom (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
It seems to me that the astrologer's words may have made you a bit paranoid.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
JimD was right- you and your husband do sound like very devout people. Your story is beautifully written. All I can say is, thank God you and, your husband were not seriously hurt, and I'm glad you do not live there anymore. God bless you both.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
You and your husband sound like devout people. I feel that it may bot be an entity, but a demon. Choking in bed is a common tactic of the demonic, as are night scratchings and wisperings, without a source. Try sprinkling (Catholic) Holy water around your apartment, and blessed salt also. If you're ever grabbed again, try invoking Jesus' name, and see what it does. Dukes 2352atAOL.com.
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Please note it is bhajans (Indian devotional prayers) and not Shamans. I don't know why the word is replaced before publishing but I don't know what Shamans are. I was playing bhajans on my mobile which are mostly the Vedic chants.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: