You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Occurrences Continue

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurrences Continue

 

I previously posted two stories of the goings on in my house, the latest of the larger events occurring during Christmas time. I took a lot of the advice given except for getting a psychic to walk around the house.

Anyways, to continue my narrative of what's going on, here I go:

I moved into my house a little over a year ago. Prior to this, I lived in my parent's house, which had its own paranormal issues, and the house before that also had some paranormal issues. I've always been able to sense weird things, presences, and have always had an attraction to the paranormal, which I don't understand one bit. These feelings are difficult to describe, for instance, I had a neighbor who was battling cancer down the street, and I could tell you that she passed a few nights ago because of a strange feeling I had of despair when I went out side to get my mail and looked towards their house. Never had this feeling before, but I learned, she did in fact pass away that night.

I'm a devout Catholic, and believe in angels, demons, ghosts, etc. Anyways, I've been having little occurrences through my house since I moved in; if you're interested you could go through my previous stories.

These past few days have been very busy at my home, by busy, I mean busy with activity. I'm starting to hear more creaking and footsteps upstairs when I'm downstairs, and creaking when I'm upstairs downstairs. I've gotten used to the strange occurrences, as well as the occasional disembodied childrens giggle I hear once in awhile. I've gotten so used to it, that I kind of phase them out.

I was doing some cleaning in my basement because I'm having a party in a few weeks. A little history about the house is that previous to me, the owners had 4 kids who played in the basement, they had a play set down there, and all of the toys were down there. The 2 or 3 previous owners to the last, I know nothing about.

Well, in the corner where the toy castle used to be (you could tell by the indentation on the carpet), I saw a flash of light emit out of mid air. The flash light up the room, and lasted a millisecond. It was like someone was taking a picture. Previous to this, I heard a box move which I attributed to me cleaning and shrugged it off. I've never seen a light so bright. It looked like it was around 3 ft in mid air. I got the usual chill of feeling like I was being watched, and asked who it was, nothing. It was very very creepy, but surprisingly, I didn't run in fear, I stayed there and finished what I had to finish. Went to sleep and had no other events until around 3AM when I woke up for some strange reason after a very weird dream that I can't remember. For some reason when ever I wake up in the middle of the night, it's always around 3AM. I've read into why this could happen, but don't want to accept it as of yet.

Yesterday was like any ordinary day. Came home, brought my dog from my parent's house, and watched some TV. My dog started to growl indiscriminately, and began barking at the back portion of my house. I sent him out, and he started to bark at the house from outside. Opened the door, he came in and bolted towards the front of the house growling, and as if on a mission. The aggression wasn't dedicated towards me, he's a 125 lb Rottweiler, and if he's growling and afraid of something, it is probably worth checking out.

I followed him to the front of the house, he continued to growl at the corner and look at the dining room in full defensive pose. From this dining room, I previously heard children laughing and playing in a previous story I posted. My dog kept on moving as if he was tracking something and went back to the back of the house, continued to growl and started to bark. I've never seen him act this way, he was so focused on something or someone. I looked around, and found nothing or no one.

Later that night, I went to sleep, my dog followed me upstairs and was especially vigilant of what was going on with me. He slept on the floor right next to the bed. If he heard me move, so did he in defensive posture, I don't think he slept because he was constantly awake next to me. He passes out when he goes to my parent's house and sleeps the whole day, recently. This has never happened before the previous few days.

I'm really considering purchasing an EMF detector as well as starting to do some of my own investigating looking at evps, leaving a tape recorder on all night etc. I'm not sure if this is dangerous or not. I'd like to have some scientific evidence to prove my feelings. I've had pictures with orbs, and lots of them. I've had the house blessed, and I'm still having issues.

I couldn't find anything about the history of the house or land. All I know was that it used to be forest land, then farm land, and then my house was built. Were there any deaths in the house, I don't think so. I'm just kind of unsure where to go from here, maybe writing this will give me some relief.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
If you do decide to record to be on the safe safe I would say out loud that you mean no disrespect and your only trying to see if it tells you want it wants. Sometimes recording makes things worst so keep that in mind.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
Hi Mark a lot of what I was going to say has been pointed out by previous posters, I am in 2 minds wether or not this is a residual or intelligent haunting because there seems to be a bit of both going on. What I do sense is that these activities might increase in scale it obviously wants your attention, I think doing your own detective work would be a great idea you never know what you might capture, all the best.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I thought you said you hadn't had a psychic walk through your house yet. My friend, you are incredibly psychic...

If this were happening to me, I would use salt and sage. An old Chinese method to dispel serious negative energies and entities involves burning Epsom salts which have had rubbing alcohol added to them in, of course, a fire proof burning container with an extra shield about on the floor immediately surrounding of say, ceramic tile. You would need to, of course, excercise all good common sense cautions. This method is used by Feng Shui practitioners. One of whom I consulted with, Stephanie McWilliams, said one could also carry this cure from room to room:

You simply take a metal fireproof bowl and pour an amount of Epsom Salts in the center. Then you pour a moderate amount of rubbing alcohol over this mound. Place this metal bowl into another larger bowl full of water (this helps cool the inner bowl and prevent burns - the inner bowl will get extremely hot! When you're ready, you can light the salts with a match. Depending on the amount of salts & alcohol, a large flame will spring up. You then carry this bowl from room to room, chanting, praying, or simply holding your intention for the space (again, whatever speaks to your beliefs and personality type).

NOTE: Because of the obvious fire hazard, you should definitely test this technique perhaps, outside first

A less flammable means to use salt would be to place sea salt in every room, along every wall, corner and stair and let it sit for 24 hours. Sweep it up and out each door until you have swept it out the main door or back door.

Burning sage while reciting a prayer:

"This is my home now. All that is not like love is not welcome in this house. In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to depart!"

Or any other prayer of your choosing.

Are there any adolescents in your home or in the neighboring house? They and you should wear a protective amulet of your choosing and affirm before sleeping and upon rising that your energies belong only to you and that no other entity may steal or borrow them. Imagine a blinding white energy field around you with your eyes closed while you say or think "My aura is white, is bright, is strong, is deep" several times.

After you feel that you have your home back, you may want to place 7 drops of pure geranium oil at each threshold of each window and door. This is an old Southern "Root Worker" secret for protecting a home from "haints".

Don't forget to burn the sage or other method in the attic. If you can't go up there, make sure the smoke, which carries your prayer, wafts up there in good quantity. Around the Mediterranean, sage is burned each Thursday evening as a cleansing and preventative measure. Of course, Native Americans also burn sage for the same reasons. I've always found it quite compelling that these two cultures which presumably had no contact with one another have used this herb for the same reasons since antiquity. Also, all anti-negative forces herbs and incenses seem to also have antibacterial properties--lemon, sage, mint, sandalwood, frankincense. Amazing how smart ancient people could be without a microscope. Also amazing how energies of cleanliness versus the opposite and good versus evil seem to correlate in these usages.

Trust YOU and invoke your divine protection by prayer.

You may need to repeat this process. The waning moon is traditionally used since ancient times when one wanted to get rid of something. Elizabeth Haich in her book, Initiation, indicated that she had found that the power of evil was temporary while the power of good was permanent. Use that and persevere.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Hello, Sound like you something there and a dog of your had a good eyes to see what there also my cat is same way she seen what there that I can't see it I ask her is something there just point her ears up.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Hi Mark.
very interesting story I feel that whatever spirits are there are children I seem to feel this for some reason but they definetley mean no harm. You say that your house was originally
Forest land and then farm land you should try and dig deeper and see if anything happened on the farm there has to be information somewhere. Hopefully you will find something as well when you start useing recording equipment try useing video camaras as well I don't think you will have any problems as you haven't had any so far, consider as well maybe getting a professional who can send the spirits into the light where they can be in total peace in Heaven good luck let me know what happens...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
Sundaydrive: That's ok, because the word I should've used is perception not perspective, but maybe close to the same thing? πŸ˜†...Lord knows I try πŸ˜†Some times the brain does go faster than the mouth or the fingers!...
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
zzsgranny
Sorry, I meant to say I think SHE thinks... Lol. Gotta stop thinking too fast.
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-20)
I had to ask about this Mark, cause I could remember hearing something about residuals that just got stuck somewhere in the middle of my brain but wouldn't come forward. IF you choose to try to communicate and find that it can't, not that it WON'T, but that they CAN'T (pointing to residual), you could always "interrupt" the vision by vacuuming the area out, and releasing the vision (or, in your case, the audio).
I don't see that you have answered any questions yet, but I can promise you that if you are willing to try the vacuum, I would be more than thrilled to point blank ask HOW to work with a residual, an Intelligent too, if you wish.

Zzsgranny: I think it was more in the fanatics flaming her. Plus, I think she is not helping anyone, and is more part of a problem than the solution. Too many are going for the "I'm right, you're not" instead of looking for an answer.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Sundaydrive: Could be 😊...I think it was the element like that on another recent story the drove her to stop sharing (I unfortunately fell into the mix, had to put in my two cents!)...I think we lost gold mine!...

Mark: One more point... If the house is kind of old, you can bet that some one died there...I'm from Vegas, and I'd bet on it! πŸ˜† But at this point, it probably doesn't matter one way or the other... Your haunts aren't menacing, so you have a couple of choices: a) help them move on b) learn to live with them if they choose not to go!...It's not so hard to do really... I wish you luck, and looking forward to hearing about your investigation!
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
I am still in my learning stages, but I have a mentor that seems really knowledgeable of what she is teaching. If I say this wrong, I'm sorry. I may have to talk with her after this to see how badly I screwed up. Lol.
Not all House Blessings "work" the first time. There are instances in which it needs to be done a second, or even a third time. Don't give up, just try it again. And you don't have to have someone come in and Bless your home. YOU can do it yourself. Be sure to smudge YOU, too.
I have been taught that recording what is already going on will not harm you. It's going to happen whether or not you have a recorder on. So no harm there. If you were to look for something, then you would be initiating the connection, that's where the danger sneaks in.

Zzsgranny: I think you are talking about the same person. She is great, isn't she?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
May I also suggest that you obtain a fairly durable laser pointer.

They have a way of illuminating atmosphere distortions.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Are you in Cook County? If so there is something called the Windy City Paranormal that serves Cook and surrounding areas. They may be able to help you or give you tips on investigating yourself.
Http://windycityparanormal.com/

I also don't put a lot of "stock" into the 3am thing (although it is odd you keep waking up at that time). Personally I feel the media has (ahem "Emily Rose") has made people believe that is the ONLY "witching" hour. Experiences can happen any time... But I digress.

I believe animals can sense things just like some children. There is clearly something going on. Be careful with your research and keep us updated. (In a previous story you mentioned you live near Bachelors Grove... Knowing where that is and being from IL, I must admit I'm intrigued.)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
mark: I don't put a lot of stock in the 3am thing myself, simply because of all the different time zones... And I really don't think that ghosts can tell time πŸ˜†... Activity happens at all times, we just aren't aware of it because our minds are otherwise occupied...

Your dog is well aware of the spirit, and will in his mind, protect you... Though there may be no reason to, to him any thing unusual will pose a threat to his beloved master... My Chihuahua is the same way, with the living and dead! 😊...It does sound residual in some aspects, but I think it is inteligent, given that things quiet down with him on guard...

I think that you are sensitive, and will continue to have experiences..."It's all in your perspective", to quote one of the greatest posters on this site (w.b. We miss you)...And if you're scared, scarey things will happen! πŸ˜†...Please do try the recordings and let us know what you pick up, as I'm sure you'll get something...

Thanks for the story...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Thank you for sharing your story. I agree that it definitely sounds like something is there, though I can't be sure if it's an intelligent haunting or residual. Moving boxes and objects usually points toward being intelligent, but the sound of laughter and the light flashes may be residual. Having your dog is definitely a good thing because for whatever reason, spirits are afraid to cross animals. I think animals have some sort of othersense that we are incapable of measuring or understanding, and I think it's possible that they may be able to communicate with spirits on an intelligent level.

Please let us know if you find anything in the event that you decide to try EVP/EMF analyses.
GemIsObsessedWithGhostsLol (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
This sounds like you've gotta spirit on your hands (of course you already knew that though) Did one of the previous owner's children die there? And about being woke up at 3AM Many people consider that dead time and that that is when the spirit and living world is blurred. Well hope that helped about your 3AM problem! ❀
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Let me start with despite being a skeptic on paranormal events in general I believe you, there is a lot of honesty in your account. I'm fairly sure you are one of those people that is spiritually sensitive and there is no scientific reason for anyone to disbelieve in it.

I'd say there is something paranormal happening in your home, but you said things happens in the two previous places you lived as well so it seems that maybe spirits may known you are sensitive and are trying to communicate with you.

Take that as you will. Recording your home shouldn't be a dangerous thing because it doesn't sound demonic and the spirit doesn't seem hostile so it isn't likely to anger it. It comes down to how curious you are. That is my opinion but I'm not expert.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: