You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghosts At Six Flags St. Louis

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts At Six Flags St. Louis

 

I am Bill Brown and I am the tech manager, lead investigator and data analyst for the Full Moon Paranormal Society. We are a small group of investigators who have all been either present or past employees of Six Flags St. Louis. Our web site is www.jwbserv.com/ghost. I should mention that Six Flags St Louis and its management are not in any way responsible for anything said on the web site or in this article.

We believe there are at least five ghosts at Six Flags. We think we know what their names are but Six Flags doesn't want us using their names. Since I like my job I will honor their wishes and avoid using their names except for Bob the Pigman who has been featured in the annual October Fright Fest.

Ghosts At Six Flags St. Louis #1

For years people have said the lady of the theaters' name is Stella. I can tell you that the lady of the theaters is not named Stella. The lady of the theaters is most often seen at the Empire Theater but has been seen at the Palace Theater and in the courtyard behind the Palace. She was seen one night by two security officers as she was walking across the courtyard and up the stairs to the door of security office where she disappeared. There is also a male ghost seen and heard in the same areas as the lady. He seems to be angry all the time whereas she is friendly and has been known to talk to people unless you call her Stella. She has been known to get quite angry when she is called Stella. We think we know why she doesn't like that name but because of Six Flgs policy we must let the subject go.

The little girl we call the little girl of the Arbors. These arbors are located between Thunder River and the Colossus Ferris Wheel. She has been heard giggling throughout the park but most sightings have been in the arbors after closing time. She is about 8 to 10 years old wearing a yellow dress with white puffy sleeves. We think she was the one who left muddy footprints near the Ranger Pilot's kiddy airplane ride in 2009. We also think that the day after leaving the footprints she intervened and saved a baby from possibly serious injury. I am going to attach one of the photos of the footprints.

Ghosts At Six Flags St. Louis #2

The fourth known ghost is the one haunting the Mine Train roller coaster. Last year while there were only operators present and the power was turned off the loading gates opened and then closed. We had been talking about the ghost just prior to the incident. We try to not say bad things about that ghost because she has been known to cause a shutdown of the ride when she has been angered.

The fifth known ghost is Bob the Pigman. He is supposed to be the pig farmer that owned the property before Six Flags was built. He and his pigs have mostly been heard on the back roads in the park. He was blamed for some equipment damage when the Boss roller coaster was being built. For some reason he was not happy about the new construction.

Sometimes some of the ghosts can be a pain in the butt but none of the ghosts have ever done anything to harm a guest or an employee. I feel good when I am operating the kiddy rides because I believe that the little girl is helping keep the children safe.

Bill Brown

Wbbrown [at] fidnet.com

Ghost [at] jwbserv.com

Www.jwbserv.com/ghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wbbrown1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PTF (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Yes, this location is very active from places within the park to the fields where their grave yard for rides is. We investigated the park for 3 weekends in 2009... Http://paranormaltaskforce.com/6flags.html
UnproGhostHunter (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
I have to add onto my post from yesterday. I just got done reading zach666's post from 2011-4-14. They said they got a text that came out of no where that said Stella when they when on the mine train ride. That adds more proof, if you believe zach666, that the ghost that haunts the mine train is Stella Holcomb that died on the ride in 1984. Zach666 if you see this post can you tell me if you agree with what I have come up in my resource. Your posts have me more interested in the ghosts at the park. Since you are a sensitive and possibly clairvoyant, do you think two of the spirts are Stella and Trisha? If you see them again call them by these names, you never know how they will repond! 😊 ❤
UnproGhostHunter (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
I've lately been doing some resource over the deaths that have happened at St. Flags Mid-America (St. Louis). Even though I am 14 years old, I am capable of finding out this information. Manly of you know about the deaths that happened in July of 1978. 4 family members were riding on the Skyway gondolas when the cable broke and the gondola fell 70 ft crashing to the ground and set a blazed. 3 of the 4 died. Trisha, who was 10, the same age as the ghost who has been seen, Kristen, 15, and their uncle Clark who was 25. The only onw who survived was Jennine Week, who was Trisha's sister. Jennine was in critical but stable condition. She was tough for a 12 year old. In my findings, I believe that the ghost girl who is seen in the park is Trisha Week. As sad as it is, she can't pass on.
Another thing I found in my resource was the death on the Rail Blazer. Stella Holcomb and her husband Carl hopped on the Rail Blazer, which is now called the River King Mine Train for various reasons, and were ready to have the time of their lives. But 46 year old Stella didn't know this was going to be her last ride at the park, because on the first big turn of the ride she fell 50 ft to her death. Which is weird because the rides restraints seem pretty legit. It included a shoulder harness, a bar across the knees, and a belt tying those 2 restraints. I think Stella is the ghost that is haunting the Mine Train. The ghost who is known as Stella, has a different name. I think kids started to call her Stella because of the woman who passed away at the park. I hope this gives you guys the real names of the ghosts. Maybe the will be more friendly by wanting to talk more.:) ❤
zac666 (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Well today marks the 34 ann. Of the SkyWay crash behind where Panda Express is now. R.I.P Trisha, Kristen, and Clark. Oh I was at the park on July 11 and my friends and I ate at panda express. I noticed the back door was open to the back area of panda express (where the Skyway support pole cement block is) so I asked an employee if I may go in the back area and she said go ahead. I was looking at the cement block and all of a sudden I heard TOUCH IT. I looked around nobody was around me... So I touched the cement block. As soon as I touched the cement block I heard a blood currdleing scream and a sharp pain in my back. Through out the day my friends and I felt somebody following us.
zac666 (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
A lot of people would agree with you Jeepgrl16 about the woman being pushed out. I really do thing that she was pushed out. Oh Today marks the 33rd anniversary of the Sky way deaths that happened at Six Flags St. Louis.
jeepgrl16 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
i would expect one of the ghosts to be the lady that "fell" off the river king mine train. My mother worked at the park at the time and so did her friends. One of her friends were working at that ride the day that woman "fell", but my mother's friend said she was pushed by her husband.
zac666 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
I totally agree StMikal but Six Flags Great Adventure has 8 ghost that I know of. Do you remember the Haunted Castle burning down and killing 8 people back on May 11, 1984? If not there is a vid/s on youtube look up (six flags great adventure haunted castle and the title of the vid is "Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle fire part 1 of 5")
zac666 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
I've had my run ins with 4 of the ghosts at 6 flags Mid America (St.Louis). I'll start with the day. I was there with my school choir and I'm sensitive to ghosts. My friends and I were eating at Panda Express and I kept hearing a little girl laughing but it was just my friends and I in the eating part of the building. So we went outside and my friend and I saw 2 little girls ummm somewhere around 10-12 years old. My friend got a call from her dad and we told him we see these 2 girls by the Panda express and he filled us in why they were there (the sky way car fell behind the panda express building in 1978 killing 3 people... 2 girls and 1 guy). So I turned back around and the girls were gone but I could still feel them. It was time for us to change and report to the Palace Theatre. While my choir was singing I noticed on my stage left side that a woman was standing in the wings rubbing her left knee... She smiled at me and I smiled back and kept on singing, I looked back to where she was standing and she was gone. My friends and I changed back into our clothes and went and rode the Mine Train. We were standing in line and I kept feeling a presence of happy but stern moods and then I got a text out of nowhere and the text said 1 word... Stella. I ran out of the line and couldn't get near the queue house again for about 1 1/2 years. I know the ghosts at 6 flags won't hurt me but I'm still a little weireded out around the Mine Train.
XxCongeleSongxX (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Uhm... If this was in 2009 and the baby was saved by a young girl then it was probably me because I was pretty young and short back then. I remember saving a baby in a stroller rolling down hill by what I think was the theater area. My dad just stared at me wondering why I started running away from him so quickly hah
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
That sounds like a reasonable explanation for the bare feet... I can't see the right though... But my monitor isn't the highest quality, so I'll check it out on my husband's or one of my sons'...Yes, I remember when I first started school, we weren't allowed to wear pants of any kind, except in the winter, and then we had to take them off once we were inside!...

I am the proud granny of two beautiful granddaughters: Zoe (5) and Emily (4 months)...I believe Zoe is sensitive... Both my daughter and son-in-law are...Don't know about Emily yet, but she looks just like her mom, so she probably picked up other genes as well!...I think I'll have to wait a long time to be a great granny though... But I think I'm a "great" granny! 😆
wbbrown1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
To zzsgranny.
If you look carefully you can see that there is also a right footprint.
The pretty dress is not common today although we do see them at times but at the time we think she died it was very common for little girls to be dressed up. As for the footprints being barefoot, my guess is that she knows the rule about no bare feet in the park. If she was trying to let me know she was there then she would also know that the prints being of bare feet would be more likly to attract my attention.
I gather from you handle that you are also a grandparent. I am a great grandfather. I think I am by far the oldest ride operator at our park.
Bill Brown
wbbrown1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Hi again,
Yes you can go on the internet and get a history of the park but you have to be careful because there is a lot of BS out there. I am trying to correct what I find but that isn't always easy. I don't think anyone is putting up bad info on purpose but stories have a way of changing over time. I am trying to put as much straight dope on our web site as I can. Www. Jwbserv.com/ghost.
Six Flags St. Louis is not only one of the most haunted theme parks in North America it is also one of the safest. In the almost 40 years that we have been open there have been only two fatal accidents. The last one was over 20 years ago. That is not to say that people haven't died. You can have a heart attack anywhere.
The park is meticuious in its maintenance and safety checks. The operators are well trained and almost all of us are very serious about safty. If we arn't we don't last long. There are a lot of safty rules that guests give us a lot of grief about because they don't always understand that we don't make rules to annoy them. The height limits are set by the manufacturers so thet the restraints do their job. The use of cameras and cell phones is not allowed because if they get away from you some one could be injured. Also if it falls under the ride it can't be recovered until after the park closes. I don't like going under the rides at night because it like a jungle under some of the rides and Pepe Le Pew is not the only skunk in the park. My daughter was sprayed one night and to make matters worse she had borrowed my car to go to work that night. What harm is done if I chew gum on the ride? It isn't the mess but people have choked on their gum while riding some of the more extreme rides.
Bill Brown
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Wow...The footprint is of the left foot only... Like she stepped in the mud with one foot!...I wonder though, if she's all dressed up in a pretty yellow dress, why is she barefooted?...Did that have some bearing on her death?
wbbrown1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I have been asked about the other picture in the story. That picture shows the railing and curb around the Taz Twister ride. The day after I got the pictures of the footprints a lady parked a stroller in the same area as the the spot where the footprint appeared. She took a toddler out and put him on the ride. She had forgotten to lock the stroller wheels and it started rolling backwards towards the Taz with a baby in the back seat of the stroller. There was no one in a positiion to stop the stroller before it hit the curb but just before it hit the curb it made a 90 degree right turn and stopped. It was now pointed downhill but it did not move again. We have not been able to duplicate what happened. If we place a stroller in the position where this one stopped, it rolls forward down the hill. This why I feel better knowing that the little girl is there. We are sure that we know the little girl's name but Six Flags policy is that we don't give any names.
Bill Brown
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hi wbbrown1 thanks for your story the photo of the muddy foot prints is awesome I wonder how she died there would be a lot of spiritual activity at parks like this I would assume.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I live in denver Colorado, actually I live in Lakewood, but folks are more familiar with Denver & it's not far at all from where I live. Any way, we have a sixflags Elich gardens, but before it was a sixflags it was only Elich gardens & it was in another location. The place was so old I'm sure anyone could look it & the history of it up, one of the main pavilions still remain where the original Elich's was. It's very active with spirits still & at the time the park was still standing it was as well. People who live in the houses built on the land have reported so many hauntings. We also have an amusement park called Lakeside here in Colorado which is haunted as well. Many accidents, however I do want to point out that spirits can occupy a place that there have been no deaths & with that said also places that have had deaths are not always haunted. I love your story & hope to hear more. I am going to look up your Sixflags to see if I can get any history, like ANYONE can. & that makes me curious to why they don't want you to disclose names like it's a big secret when anyone really can find anything out if they made the effort, you know? Thanx again! 😁

~~LSD~~
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures! Wow, those footprints...that's something else. It doesn't surprise me that any theme park would be haunted because let's face it, accidents happen. Disneyland in southern California is said to be one of the most haunted local parks, because a lot of people have died in tragic accidents at the park over the years. I'm sure the same is for every park.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
wow! Great story. I would have never imagined a ghost at a theme park. I live in NYC so I have been to six flags great adventure in nj and I have also been to fright fest. I couldn't imagine being at st. Louis fright fest. Thoses spirits could be more active around that time. Once again, great story... Take care
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
wow that's kind of freaky. But I'm glad you believe they arnt hurting people

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: