You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit From The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From The Dead

 

This is being told by me, but it happened to my late brother Rudy Jr. Back in December 24th 2003 in Miami Gardens. My brother Rudy who was 40 years old at the time stayed overnight to spend Christmas with us the first time ever at this house. This was the house of my mother-in-law who became a widow back in July 1991. My husband, our two-year old toddler and I moved in with her back in May 1992. She no longer could manage on her own and begged us to leave our Miami Beach apartment and permanently live there with her.

Well, that night I heard some noise coming from the living room where my brother was sleeping, so I when to check up on him, and there was my brother all pale and wide-eyed telling me he just seen a ghost right there close to where I was standing.

You were dreaming I said. He said no way Tippy! I know what I saw! It was only the head and shoulders floating right there looking at me, staring at me, I was lying down on the sofa in the dark and something made me open my eyes and there it was hovering, it was a man just looking at me. I blinked and he was gone. Then you came over.

The next morning after hanging out most of the night with my brother, we finally realized the visitor was my dead father-in-law. It had been his birthday on the 24th of December and he probably was surprised by a stranger in the house. He had a chair that had been removed after he past that was his favorite right in the spot where my brother saw the ghost. He had never visited us ever until after that night. I think he was just curious. It was just a visit from the dead.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tipyofnyc1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Yes, but not just merely a "visit from the dead", although I know that was purposeful for the benefit of the title. I love when loved family members come back to peek in. It does happen a lot and contrary to cosmic's beliefs, I think that most people have experienced seeing or feeling or even dreaming of a passed love one.

Cosmic: I wonder...hmmm...if you believe that dead people are conscious of nothing, what are you looking for on this site other than maybe to be the target of a bunch of bickering back and forth. And when I say this, I mean no disrespect. We are all entitled to our beliefs but this site deals with paranormal and a lot of that is visits from a loved one. Not all paranormal is demons and devils and entities out to harm us and do damage. I for one have seen loved ones who have passed. I think many people on this site have also. Come on now...don't discount something because it has never happened to you.

Zeta.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
CosmicFlare: From your profile:
°I dislike people that bothers me for no apparent reason, presume to be knowledgeable about everything while stepping on others arrogantly...hmm...judgmental, hypocrites ah but what can you do."

Are you saying you dislike yourself?...Because, in my opinion, with your last comment you are presuming to be knowledgeable about everything while stepping on others arrogantly, you're being judgmental and therefore a hypocrite... Just because you believe every spirit is a demon doesn't make it fact...
CosmicFlare (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
The dead is conscious of nothing, perhaps you'll dream of them from time to time but that doesn't mean they're trying to communicate. They're deceased and have no idea what's happening. A late relative trying to somehow contact live family members...? Mostly likely not maybe it's something devious that likes to toy with people.
Tipyofnyc1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
First of all, thank you for the comments, I really appreciate the kind words.
To my knowledge my mother in law was the only other person to encounter his appearance on more than one occasion. She said he never show up again after she confronted him. She told him that he is not to come back to bed, that he is not alive that he has passed and must go to the other side. She really did not elaborate and was upset with these encounters.

On the mention of my brother, thank you. I would like to share my brief encounter with my beloved & late brother Rudy, who I truly miss on another occasion.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Well, he could have been there because of Christmas, too... And maybe he's been there more often, just hasn't manifested to anyone 😊...It's always nice to know that they're still looking after you!

Nice story, thank-you...
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Sounds like your father-in-law just popped in for a short visit. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. I'm sure that was scary for him to wake up and see just the top portion of some ghostly figure looking at him.
Thank you for sharing.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Great story, I had something similar happen to me when I was a child. It definitely sounded like your father-in-law was surprised about the new person in the house, and was also wondering where his favorite chair went. 😊 Thanks for posting.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Interesting account.

Has there been any other activity in the house?

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: