You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Feeling Of Complete Disattachment From Myself

Real Ghost Stories

A Feeling Of Complete Disattachment From Myself

 

Since the age of 9 I have suffered from serious insomnia. I wake up almost every night at around the same time (2.00-4.00).however, when I wake up I am in a serious state of fear, anxiety, paranoia. This has seriously affected me. When I wake I feel as though something is inside me physically and mentally, I usually put the telly on full blast to try and ignore this feeling does not subside. It's a feeling of complete disattachment from myself.

I remember every day that I saw something but can never remember what it was that I saw. Doors often bang and open or shut when I'm in this state.

Can someone please help with this because it's driving me to insanity and I wouldn't want to do something I regret. I have just watched 'fourth kind', whether you believe the film or not it describes exactly what is happening to me. Every night I fear to go to sleep.

I am 19 years old and this has gone on to long. I'm not crazy or insane just a normal lad who is suffering from this extreme case of possession.

I'm not fussed if you believe me or not, hopefully someone else is or has experienced similar events.

Please write back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, manchester, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
to me is doesn't sound like a panic attack, more like being awake right after the "half-awaken" stage that usual demons would try and appear and frighten you. The sounds though are most likely not happening actauuly its just that the djin power is able to provide your mind with an illusion that it actauuly is happening to the expect that you can actaully hear or see it.
Gemmie (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
I've never seen the fourth kind so maybe I'm getting the wrong feeling here, however here are my thoughts.

When I was reading your story I was reminded strongly of depersonalization disorder. This also links in with Jennai's suggestion of panic attacks, as both can often occur side by side.

I've experienced panic attacks and a mild form of depersonalization, and it's, for want of a better phrase, not pleasant at all. I would suggest checking symptoms and seeking professional help if they match up.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder

I hope things improve in future for you:)
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
just a quick question: can you move during these night episodes or does it feel like there's something heavy sitting on you?
Jennai (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
This sounds like a panic attack. I have them frequently, it can be treated with medication. Often a bad panic attack can wake you up out of your sleep, and you may feel very strange or a overwhelming sense of doom. All characteristics of a panic disorder... 😉
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
i think I can relate to this...
I do have that feeling sometimes, but it goes away... If your have a religion talk to your priest maybe he can help...
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I completely agree with BansheeLee, that you should go to a doctor you trust and also consider going to a sleep clinic. Your experiences sound similar to some horrible things I had happen before I knew I had very bad sleep disorders. The experiences seemed paranormal, but once I started taking the heavy duty Parkinson's medicine, I never again had people yelling in my ear, floating in front of my bed and mocking me or feelings of terror and nameless anxiety (I have Restless Leg Syndrome and Random Limb Movement). I also agree with ab42berry's extremely cool (and useful) ideas for spells. You might also try lining around your bedroom, your bed, and along the windowsills with a small line of salt. Also, you could sleep with some iron under your bed (like an old horse shoe, or even a fry pan), and if you want to get really "fancy," get some real brick dust from a New Age store or Mojo Curio Company online. (It has to be powder fine dust from a handmade brick from a cemetery.) Line that along all doors and windows, like in the movie, "Skeleton Key." (Okay, I know it's a film, but real Hoodoo practitioners and shamans will do similar protection techniques.)

You might walk around your entire house, including the closets, with holy water from a local church or incense (like sage), and ask God to protect you "and all who dwell within" your home, and either sprinkle the water in all corners, smudge the corners with waves of incense, or even carry a white candle around while asking for God's Light and Love to protect you. You do not have to have any particular religious beliefs to do all this. In fact, you can even be an atheist. Believe me, these techniques, along with ab42berry's great ideas, will at least put a sense of peace and quiet in your home.

Thanks for listening, sorry to be so long-winded, and I know you're not going to respond to us, but give us a follow-up if you feel like it! Best wishes, and God bless. ❤

Sincerely,

Watersprite
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
manchester: Why not try video taping yourself sleeping?...And try to keep a paper pad and pen by your bed, so maybe the next time you wake and see anything, you can write it down... Make a mental note to do that before you go to sleep, and maybe you'll remember... I don't have any other advice, sorry... Please keep us posted...
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
There are a few tricks you could try, first you should put a bowl of white vinegar mixed with salt next to your bed when you sleep, also before you go to bed you should say psalm 91 and 71 three times out loud from the KJV Bible. You should also say it when waking up. You could also do a more "magical" ritual where, you take an egg and put it in a open box near your bed and put a lock of hair held on by tape or a spot of blood on it, then get some holy water (you can bless it your self, google the ritual) and baptize the egg with your name. Then do see in your mind the egg having a huge aura and mixing that aura into your own and imagine a dark cloud moving from your self to the egg, this gets most things to attack the egg instead of you.

If these things don't work contact me
BansheeLee (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
4th kind is the physical contact of extraterrestrials. Manchester, I wish you luck and I hope you can eventually find help with what you are going through. If I were you, my first step would be to go the doctor and explain your symptoms. Perhaps they can help? I would try that first. You could be very well going through something paranormal, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Seek medical help first then go from there. Best wishes and good luck!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
what does 4th kind mean?
Anything to do with Alien abduction, as I am only familiar with the terms 1st 2nd and 3rd kind.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: