You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Threatening Presence In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Threatening Presence In My Room

 

Last week I was alone in my new apartment in downtown Manhattan that I share with my sister. My sister was sleeping away for the week and I was watching TV with a friend. The friend left and I went to go to sleep around 2am. I am not afraid of the dark or afraid of being alone, in fact I prefer to be alone and I prefer to sleep in pitch black - no light at all! I was tucked into my covers very cozy and already half asleep, extremely relaxed and feeling very serene. All of a sudden I heard the loudest bang on the window next to my bed just a couple feet away. Not only did it wake me from my half-sleep but I nearly leapt out of bed. It sounded like a body had been slammed against the window, the only thing is that I have lived on the fifth floor of an apartment building and I have a little balcony but it faces another apartment building - so it is very sheltered and nothing could fall and hit the window or be blown into it easily or at all.

I calmed myself down and told myself it was nothing even though my heart was pounding. I lay still trying to fall asleep, and then it happened again! Just as loud and this time I was already fully awake and alert. After that I felt like something was standing in the room watching me from the corner. I have never been scared of anything before and so I forced myself to lay there almost as punishment for being so "silly and ridiculous". But fifteen minutes passed and I felt the presence getting closer to me. By the end of half an hour I felt like it was right next to my bed leaning over me. My heart was pounding so fast, my whole body on pins and needles and my hair standing straight up. I turned the light on next to my bed, but it didn't help my fears at all or the feeling I had. The presence was so strong that it felt like my head and ears were nearly vibrating from the pressure in the room. I finally ran out into the living room and turned on the TV and positioned myself to sleep on the couch. I didn't fall asleep until 6am, I felt like something was watching me.

I had the same feelings the next three nights and I wasn't able to sleep until finally the fourth night when I climbed into bed I felt a presence again, only this time it was not threatening - in fact it was calming. I literally felt an intense heat up and down and around my legs all the way to my head like a protective force was shielding me. The sensation was so strong that I actually smiled and fell asleep within a couple of minutes. One thing I should mention is that I survived a small plane crash that killed everyone else on board, including my father and stepmother when I was thirteen. Everyone says that an angel or something was protecting me but I was also told that when I was a baby my nannies used to try to use "voodoo" rituals on me, cutting locks of my hair and putting strange things in my clothes and under my pillows. When my mother had finally confronted them about this they confessed that I attracted dark forces and demons and they were intrigued by my spirit. My mother put up with it for years until she became so crazed over it that my father, who thought she was crazy, finally divorced over it! So I have been told I attract demons but given my history, that something also protects me.

Am I crazy? Or does anyone think that what happened in my room the other night was something real, and something hostile. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! I am literally and figuratively in the dark right now about all this. Thank you so much!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tmf2113, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Say, AliceLeftWonderland?
Would you happen to have any personal knowledge about Voodoo? I am asking as I would like to know the difference between Hoodoo and voodoo and find that all I look up is too similar to tell a real difference. No worries if you do not, just wondering. Thanks!
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
You say your nanny used voodoo on you when you were an infant.
Well, while everyone knows of the negative aspect of voodoo, it's mostly used to ask for protection.
She probably sensed that you were likely to draw spirits to you and was using your hair to link the prayer physically to you.

Take care
-Alice xox
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems with the unexplainable. We are here to help. I am the founder of the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society. E-mail us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com. We want to help you get through this tough time. Visit us at binghamtonparanormal.com. We want to help please!
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Wow interesting story. First off congratulations on your survival - it must have been a tough time.

I have no explanation at all for the banging on your window, and don't know what to make of your Nannies claims that you unwittingly attract dark forces.

All I can really say is that when you feel the threatening force, try to breath deeply and remember that you are protected and loved - your fear will only feed it. Try to pull that warmth around you. I've felt similar hostile presences before in the night, but they've never stuck arund for long or visited more than a few times, so I guess I've been lucky. Hopefully whatever it is won't stick around.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Okay, I have to offer a second viewpoint here, just to put it out there. I would advise strong caution as to the matter of communicating with this thing! From what you described, that entity has a strong, strong presence. Things like this are not to be trifled with! You don't want to do nothing but you also don't want to open up a door. And sometimes breaking the silence and opening a line of communication can be like opening a door and saying, "Come in." BE CAREFUL! And if things get worse, MOVE OUT. That is the best advice that I can give. You don't want something attaching itself to you and following you!
Good luck and God bless.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
So your voo-doo friends were trying to protect you with their magick?...They may have been able to help your guardian spirit become stronger... And I'm sure your father looks out for you, too! 😊...

I agree with DeviousAngel, to talk out loud to it, and ask your loved ones for protection...

Good luck and keep us posted.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a frightening thing. You are truly fortunate to have survived the accident, though I'm sorry to hear that your loved ones were lost in it. This presence, whatever it is, may not necessarily be bad. As I have recommended to others, since ignoring it has not helped, try talking out loud. Tell this entity, if it is indeed an entity, not to harass you and that if it wants something of you to come up with a form of communication instead of scaring you out of your wits. It's possible that it was your father or step-mother's spirit that protected you in the crash, and they might also be the ones protecting you now. Whenever you feel afraid, focus on those you love and ask them for protection. You will probably feel much better. 😊 Best of luck & love to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: