You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Confused Old Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Confused Old Woman

 

About 1 month ago, I was at my mom's house in Canada; she was out to lunch with some friends and told me to hold the house down until she got back. I was just chilling watching T.V and right when I switched the channel my hair started to rise up like it does with static electricity. I was pretty freaked out because I wasn't sure if it had to do with the T.V or what. I went into the bathroom and was matting it down with some water and stopped when someone walked by the open door. I stepped out and called out for my mom, expecting it to be her, but all I heard were footsteps. I turned the corner and saw and old woman pacing the floor, moaning and mumbling strange things to herself. When she turned and saw me she looked horrified, as if I was the intruder and screamed "I'm so sorry!" and ran off crying I ran after her but she was gone but I still heard someone crying.

When my mum returned home later that evening I explained what had happened and she told me that I needed to go stay at my Aunt Lori's house for awhile to calm down and forget about the whole thing. I assured her I'd be fine and told her not to worry. That was the second time I'd spotted the old woman. I'm pretty worried because I've seen her more than once now and she always yells the same thing and starts crying. I'm really worried and want to help but I don't have any idea how and don't know how to help her. If you could please give me some advice I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you

Other hauntings by rockstar09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rockstar09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

missykat52 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Since this is not your first encounter with this woman shes definetly a lost or trapped soul of the house. I would consider doing some research on your house? Canada by the way is a country where you could always find a ghost town or two... Its known for haunted places. Do to the fact though that when you see this "figure" and she sees you and starts apologizing and also to the fact that you describe her as old, maybe she died with altimeres? (Excuse me if I spelled it wrong) Anyways when she sees you she doesn't appear to yell or throw objects, she also doesn't seem to use her power for bad, she also has manors because she is apologizing all the time, so I would say you have nothing to worry about. Your just living with a mature ghost who has no intentions on hurting you but only to find her peace. Maybe next time you see her, try talking with her? Asking her why are you here, what do you want or what's wrong?. But really you have nothing to worry about inless she starts throwing objects or displaying herself to be "violent"... By the way I noticed that in one of your stories you stated that she was "shaking" you should defiently try to find out what happened in that house... As I said before, research or ask the previous owners of the house if anything werid happend. Shaking may indicate that she was abused, neglected, or mistreated before she died, or as you think "Confused". Maybe she didn't die where she lived and is trying to find her way home. But be careful too, some spirits don't always want "help" and if you confront her and she seems to get upset about it, definetly leave her alone after that, or the worse will be yet to come.

-Kat. P.S ~Hoped this helped~
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Thought I had heard this story before, seems quite weird how a ghost would be terrified of the living although I have heard many accounts of when they have been startled by the living. I think she realised you could see her and yes she understands she has passed and as zzsgranny mentioned does not know how to move on.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Yea, I think a medium could help this poor little thing... I wonder what it is exactly that she's sorry for?...Maybe she knows she's passed, and doesn't mean to scare you, but doesn't know how to go?...Poor thing 😢
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
That is so sad. After reading both of your stories, I would suggest contacting a psychic or medium if possible. Talk to your mom and see if she is willing to contact someone. Maybe they can find out who she is and why she is so upset. Good luck, and thanks for posting.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I feel so sad for this woman! She sounds very confused indeed, and it seems as though she needs some help to rest peacefully. It might help to gently remind her that she is not of the living world anymore, and that it's okay for her to cross over. You can tell this to her vocally, or through your thoughts. It might also help asking her out loud if there is any reason why she hasn't crossed over yet. Also, I think it is very brave and good of you to want to help her, as situations like these are very scary to most. Please let us know if anything else develops.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Just curious: Is this an "update" so to speak on your post "Being Followed by an Old Woman"?

I asked in your previous story if you knew anything about the home land. Your mother mentioned someone named Iris died there. Was she a relative or former resident?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: