You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Melbourne Dread

Real Ghost Stories

Melbourne Dread

 

It has been two and a half years since my experience and I am still rocked by what took place.

Two of my friends, my brother and I booked tickets to Melbourne (we live in Brisbane) to see a band called Tool. We rented an expensive 20th floor apartment for the week and set in to party. I took the master bedroom and as there were only three bedrooms, my brother ended up on the couch. Everything was great and we were having a ball, the only downside was me. I started to feel a little crook in the stomach and it didn't let up all week. I just figured it was something I ate on the first day but our final night in Melbourne suggested otherwise.

Everyone had gone to bed around one in the morning and not long after that I got up to get a drink. I found one on the table next to where my brother was sleeping and he stirred and looked at me as I grabbed it. I said goodnight and went back to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow a deep and far off bass sound started in my left ear. It didn't matter how many times I turned or cocked my jaw I couldn't get rid of this sound. After about what I think was half an hour I noticed the noise getting louder and honestly more sinister. The noise got so loud and scary around me that it was palpable, and I was suddenly thrown on my back unable to breath, unable to move and was feeling dread like it was a cloud around me. It was almost like the fear was made of something and it was in the room. Never have I felt such fear. I remember trying to force air into my lungs and it felt like I had to move a mountain to do it. I kept trying to move and roll over and scream and finally let out a few murmurs (whimpers) and I thought to myself if I can do that then I must be able to call out or something. I tried with everything I had and let out a scream so loud it was deafening to my ears. I kept screaming and still don't remember stopping. At some point I heard the other boys calling out and running around the apartment. They had run straight out to where my brother slept. Later they told me that they heard my brother screaming and went straight for him. My brother said that he woke up to a hooded figure coming at him from the direction of my room, down the hallway. His words were "I thought I was going to die." He said it passed him and went out the doors to the balcony.

It was only after they calmed him down did they come to my room. They found me sitting bolt upright, wide eyed and sweating with the light on. Not one of them heard my screams, only my brothers, and not one of the boys turned my light on. I don't even remember the light switching on.

Since then, I refuse to go to Melbourne.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fleater82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Wow fleater82!

That is fascinating but creepy as hell.
You must be very close to your brother. I've heard of this happening to twins. I don't mean the scary part, but both seemed to have the same dreams. Was your brother dreaming that something was happening to you?
My psychotherapist once told me that Aboriginese believe that dreams are an experience, therefore they are real. It's just another state of consciousness.

That is very spooky.
fleater82 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
DeviousAngel

I have reflected on your comment about feeling what my brother was experiencing. Since he was born (i'm older) we have had a very strong connection. Before he could talk he used to grunt at me and I always knew what he wanted and still to this day I know when he he will call. I think that it is quite possible that it went down that way. The nagging thought, though, is he didn't experience the noise and the immobile body functions.

Thank you for you post
fleater82 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Thank you for your input everyone. I always feel better amoungst Tool fans. The apartment was at Docklands, I can't remember which one it was and I honestly haven't checked out the background but we did ask the bloke one level up if he heard anything. Nothing.

I do believe concerts like that are very spiritual and I didn't consider the possibility of of something following us back. Maybe it was something I ate on the first day?

Nothing has happened since that night to me, but, and please tell me I am clutching at straws, one of the boys that was there is now deceased and the other mate is now no longer a mate. Looking back on the whole thing, that was the last time we were all together.
Crazy talk?
doggz (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Really scary story mate, I know I would've shat my pants lol... I lived in a haunted house for a few years and was scared shiatless on some occasions, she wasn't a mean ghost but the noises at night use to scare me. If nothing further has happened since returning back to brissy then sweet, but if bad things have happened since returning back home then I recommend you get yourself checked out by a psychic or medium to make sure this thing didn't follow you back.

That'll teach you to go to Melb...LoL. 😆
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Hi Fleater82,

I'm so sorry that happened to you. In my own experience with a naughty entity in the night, as well as in yours, it would seem, the wicked sounding voice or laughter starts a ways off and then comes closer to be deafening and more menacing just about the head at the ears. I have heard this description time and again. I'm not sure how it helps us to know a bit about the naughty entities MO, but perhaps it's useful to know that.

I would say, try your best not to let it scare you if it ever happens again. Aussiedaz says he laughs at entities when they try to mess with him and that works. I try to calm myself and then speak or at least mouth a prayer or word of protection even if no sound will come out. You can read my encounter with a demon in Japan if you want to know about what I did that worked in detail.

Also, I have noticed that these type of menacing sounding, in your ear naughty entities are tied to PLACES rather than people. I'm guessing you left that sucker behind there in Melbourne and no longer have to worry about it.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
So sorry! One more thing I want to add; I have been to a million TOOL shows all over the world & I don't know if you agree but: they are really spiritual experiences, like really powerful, with that said I wonder if something followed you guys to the room? It's something to consider. 😉 Thanx again & God bless!

~~LSD~~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I LOVE TOOL. Maynard is brilliant. Any way. Thanks for sharing, this is one of my fave's. What I have always had a hard time with is: why the hell do these spirits manifest & attack like that? What is the point? It's totally frightening, yes! & I hate it while it's goin down & afterwards I'm so drained in every way. But why? What do they gain? I really would like to know. I have dealt with some dark stuff my whole existence, well from as young as my mind can reach, & these particular experiences, like what you had in Melbourne, are the most confusing & disturbing for me. All of you boys must have been pretty shook up after that event. Thanks again for sharing & God bless you.

~~LSD~~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I LOVE TOOL!...They've played here in Vegas before, but I couldn't get off work to go... My son got to go though... Dirty booger! 😆

Any way, that sounds like it was pretty scarey... I don't think you should blame Melbourne though... I bet the apartment was cheap to rent,huh?...Most haunted places are!
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
Wow, where was that? I live in Melbourne.

Sounds pretty damn scary, I wonder where something like that came from, and what it was.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
That's crazy...I'm not sure what it might have been but it doesn't sound good. Have you had a chance to see if anything happened at that apartment? I wonder if perhaps you were feeling what your brother was going through rather than what you yourself were experiencing.

And by the way, I envy you! I would LOVE to see Tool!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: