You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Demon Before I Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Before I Sleep

 

Dear readers, this is my third story submitted to this website. Just a couple of weeks ago, I submitted a story called Paranormal House. Just after typing in that story, I decided to read some other stories on this site and I came across a story about demon hauntings at night and that reminded me of a memory that I had almost completely blocked from my memory because I thought I was crazy and that I was the only one that had experienced such things. I soon began reading more and more stories about the same subject and I also watched some documentaries about it too. So, these are the memories that I had pretty much forgotten until now.

When I was little, I remember that I used to fear the dark terribly (and I actually still do, because of this). Whenever my grandmother would put me to bed, I would cry before she left the room and ask her to please leave the light on. But sometimes, she wouldn't leave the light on and she would also shut the door, and that's when the attacks would begin. I would be lying there, trying to get to sleep, then all of the sudden, I could feel it coming over me. The feeling that I was becoming paralyzed from the feet up. I could suddenly hear tons and tons of voices carrying on outside my door and then in my room and then, everything would become silent, but I still couldn't move or talk or close my eyes. Then, I would start to see the image of a dark and disfigured face of what I knew was a demon (even though I was very young at this time) and he would start talking to me in this very scary and deep voice. He sounded very threatening! Anyway, I haven't had these attacks in years, but the memories are so very vivid. Anyway, I have discovered that this is called sleep paralysis. The documentaries I was watching are all over YouTube.

Please tell me if you think I'm crazy, or is there anyway you can relate to my story?

Other hauntings by kmarie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kmarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Daedric (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
I had an intriguing experience only an hour or so ago...

It was about 10 am, I was lying in my bed awake, and sort of drifting off. I started noticing some kind of thumping on the end of my bed as if someone was slighty hitting it. I didn't really think much of it so I never bothered to look. After about 5 or so thumps, this overwhelming force suddenly washed over my whole body from my feet upwards. I instantly felt cold, goosebumps shot up all over me, and I now felt unable to move (like the infamous sleep paralysis). I tried to call out but couldn't and I felt suffocated and paralysed. Then almost as suddenly as it started, it was over.

I'm not really sure what to believe here; although I firmly believe in the paranormal, I'm still not quite sure wether it was paranormal or not. Maybe it was just a crazy half asleep dream. Either way, it freaked me out.
liza316 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Hey kmarie:

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story...:) Wanted to check yours out. I have no doubt that what I have experienced and at times still experience is real. It's not a hallucination in my brain when falling asleep. My kitty cat is what I call my spirit alarm. Anytime she sleeps with me, if I have visitors, she meows loudly and wakes me up. She stares at the ceiling, and once I am awake she goes back to sleep. The timing is always the same. 3-4 am, and most often at 3:16 am. No coincidence in my opinion. Thats my birth date, and my favorite Bible verse from the New Testament (John 3:16) There will always be skeptics who do not believe in God, or a spiritual realm, who will explain it all away with "science." Anytime any man claims to have a Eureka moment regarding anything scientific, claiming absolute truth, that he now knows it all beyond doubt-I run, fast, and far away. Never say never. You will be proven wrong. The earth used to be flat, and sneezing was your body's way of getting rid of evil spirits. Demons/devils/spirits are real, and it is their job to distract you from God. Best of luck to you in your research, Hon. Will help you anytime if you have any needs I can help with.

Liza316
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
darkqueen thank you for commenting on my story, but I am leaning more torwards what brokenx66 said. It seems to make a lot of sense to me.
darkQueen (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
thats fake a demon would not just sit there and talk to you they mostly attack
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
xbrokenx66 thank you for commenting. It was very helpful:)
xbrokenx66 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
I have sleep paralysis almost every night, what it is, is that you are trying to stay awake but your brain has fallen or is falling asleep before you are, or you have awakened before your brain, and while your brain is still in a sleeping state, instead of dreamig your dreams, you see them, usually doesn't last too long.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
I'm thinking that what happened to you is sleep paralysis and it happened to me too during my teen years. It eventually disappeared during the years.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I too had what my parents called: A night terror.

I've documented it, somewhere on this site.

I've had a couple of possible incidents as an adult, and they seemed exactly alike as the big one during my childhood.
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
i haven't looked up night terrors yet but I am going to do that later this evening. Thank you for commenting!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a scary experience! But you can believe that you aren't alone. There are people here who will say that it's hallucinations brought on by sleep paralysis (which I tend to believe myself) and others will say that people are more vulnerable during SP and therefore spirits tend to come after them more at that point (which I also will not rule out unless there is proof otherwise). Either way, have you experienced these things anymore after your childhood? Have you looked up "night terrors"?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: