You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis... Or Something More?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis... Or Something More?

 

I woke up at around 6:30 AM on Friday, February 19th 2010, I could hear things around me, but I couldn't move at all. It felt like my entire body was being pinned to the bed and I could hear my fan in my room turning on and off. When I tried to get up to look at it and see if maybe my cord was coming out from the wall (which happens often), I found that I was totally unable to move. I tried to open my eyes, tried to open my mouth and call for help - nothing. I felt something really heavy on my chest and I couldn't breathe correctly. Then I heard something that sounded almost like someone (or my dog) was sniffing me right by my ear, but I knew my dog was currently with my dad. After a few minutes - that seemed like forever - my eyes snapped open and I grabbed my blanket and ran out into the living room where my mom was. I was absolutely terrified and almost on the verge of crying. It took me awhile to calm down, and when I finally did I got on the Internet to look up and see if anyone else had these similar experiences and that's how I found this website.

I'm really freaked out and for the time being, I'm afraid to go back into my room. This is the first time something has happened to me and I don't know if it's Sleep Paralysis or if I'm being haunted by something. My entire life I've always felt like something was watching me, but I've never really had any type of proof. And for the record, I only feel like something is watching me when I'm in my room. Maybe like whatever is there has just manifested itself in only my room.

As I've said a few times already, I'm terrified. I don't know what to do. I told my mom about it and she said she's had similar experiences before so I don't really feel like I'm sounding crazy or anything here. My question is, should I go to a doctor and talking to him about Hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis, or do you think I'm actually being haunted by something? I really need help with this. Over the last few days, I've actually lost a lot of sleep thinking about it and I'm very nervous to be alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kyouix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Salemhistory (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
I understand what you are going through. I have been blessed/cursed with being hagridden since I was 3 years old. My Grandmother being a sweet Irish woman did research & found, if you bless your room then it will go away. Now, this is the tricky part. I'm now in my 20s & everytime I move I have happening with being hagridden. Here is how to bless your room: 1. Clean your room, create an environment you want to be in. 2nd. Become very centered, don't do this as a joke, mockery can be your worst enemy... Take water & vinegar mix (equal parts, you don't need much) and make crosses with a finger in the corners Of the room, around the doorway & windows. I then burn white sage and recite what I want. For example; "bless this house, this room, make this a safe place where harm cannot reach me, make my nights peaceful and my days fulfillful." then leave water close to your bed. Water represents purity & if we have a means of purification close by, it deferrs unpure entities from seeking us. I have a beautiful little desktop fountain I keep in my room. I hope you sleep better & remember to always be somewhere you want to be, or else negativity can be your worse nightmares. Hope this helps!
Chdi (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
I figured I would share my story with you guys. I have been having sleep paralysis since I was 16. I'm 21 now. I had it almost every night until I was 17. I joined the military and it quit for a long while. I would have it once and a while but it wouldn't feel like anything evil I just couldn't move. Well last October I moved into another apartment. A couple months later I started having them again. But this time it was different. For the first few weeks everytime I was in my apartment I felt like I had murdered someone. I don't know how to describe the feeling. I had a few dreams not really about me on particular but just a murder of a girl. Weird but it quit after a while. Now I have paralysis every night. I hear the growling the footsteps. I see things. Sometimes they run at me and possess me I guess I could say. Or at least that's what it feels like. But I guess o have an extreme case or something. I've gotten pretty good at it though I can start to move my arm. I just wanted to get that off my chest because no one knows but me.
Triks (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
If you find yourself paralysed then try to pass love through your body and if it's an entity it will have to release you and if you can sense it then try to pass love through it to someone, human or animal that you care about. Love is like kyrptonite to entities.
lipc692 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
this happened to me too and I don't know what it was. I rly cryed and ran to ma momz room it was the worst night ever and now I feel someone watching me when I'm alone is my house so I play muisc loud
kaylee (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
hi my name is Kaylee... I have been having "sleep paralysis" problems since January 8, 2008. That night I woke up out of a dead sleep and was wide awake. I tried going back to sleep but couldnt. I started feeling like I was being watched by something present in the room, something evil. So I turned onto my left side and faced the wall. I closed my eyes and then what felt like something came up behind me and then got ontop of me and was trying to sufficate me. I felt my fingers and toes curl up cause the force was so intence! I tried screaming but nothing would come out. About 10 seconds later it stopped. Then I felt the same thing happen two more times, but the third time was different right before it stopped I heard what sounded like a dog growling right into my ear. When it was over I sat up and felt the presence was gone. I looked at the clock and it was only 4:30am. I stayed up crying and panicking until 6:00am when my parents got up for work I went running to my mom crying so hard I could barely tell her what happend. After I finally got it out she let me stay home from school and I made her stay with me... A couple months later I found out I was pregnant and I had my baby in October. About a month after she was born I had it happen again. I went to go lay down and I put the baby moniter by my head, closed my eyes and then suddenly started hereing buzzing. At first I thaught it was the baby moniter but when I opened my eyes all I could see was black and white, I tried talking but couldn't then suddenly I felt something grab my leg and try pulling me off the bed, I suddenly got a feeling that this was something evil and it was trying to take some place nobody ever wants to go. Tried nudging my boyfriend sleeping next to me but I couldn't move so I tried screaming his name but nothing more than a whisper would come out. So I just kept fighting it and finally it stopped. Then nothing like that happened for a year until I moved out of my parents house into my own apartment in december 2009. My boyfriend started working out of town at the time. One night I was sleeping and then woke up hereing what sounded like a dog tearing up my bedroom carpet with it's claws. So I sat up and looked around and didn't see nothing. I stayed up for a very long time and then decided to try and go back asleep. I layed on my left side with my head facing towards my fan and then I heard something come in my bedroom and start moving around beside my head I opened my eyes and seen something black standing right by head I tried moving my head to see what it was but I couldn't so I tried asking who was there and couldnt, next I knew I had passed out. It's happened a fourth time to me shortly after in january but I can honestly say I don't remember that one. And then just last week I had it happen for the fifth time. I had just went upstairs and layed down, closed my eyes and then I started hereing noises on the baby moniter coming from my daughters room, I tried to get up to go see what was going on but couldn't move, so tried moving my arm as hard as I could to nudge my boyfriend to go see but couldnt. I tried screaming his name but I couldn't do that either. So I just started taking deep breaths until it was over. I woke my boyfriend who wasn't even all the way asleep and asked him if he heard that loud noise coming from the babys room and he said there wasn't any noise. So I made him get up and go look cause I was honestly too freaked out too. There was nothing there. Its happening so much more and I don't know why its happening but I want to find out! Is it something evil or what?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Hello Kyouix, I agree with nyralathotepsama and suggest you read his story, he is having some success with self hynosis, I am cured 100 percent of SP attacks through the power of positive thinking and self suggestion, SP is a medical condition created from anxiety and fear, you have to take charge and use reverse phycology to gain control. For me I ENJOY SP attacks they normally give me a good laugh, its that type of attitude that will overcome this condition, please keep us posted and let me know how you go.
Aussie
Kyouix (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Oh wow. Thank you all of you guys so much for your input on what's happening! I honestly didn't expect anyone to say much, but I'm really grateful for your opinions on how I should follow up with this.

[at] shadowchaser, this was my first experience with Sleep Paralysis. Which is why it has totally freaked me out. Nothing really ever happens in my room though, occasionally I'll hear my mouse from the computer on the other side of my room click. But that's really very often, and hasn't happened in quite some time. As far as being watched, I do still feel as if I am. I always have, ever since I began using this room. I have a huge problem with sleeping during night time because of this. However, I can't have any kind of a life sleeping during the day (I know... My sleeping schedule gets off track all the time) so I normally sleep with the bathroom light on, because it shines in my room. With this I feel like if there's something there, I'll see a shadow or a dark spot. I'm hugely paranoid about something being in my room.
shadowchaser (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Hi Kyouix. I have had an experience similar to yours. One morning I woke up to what I thought was my bedroom door opening. I was laying on my side facing away from my bedroom door. I knew it wasn't my little girl because she was at her father's house for the weekend. I thought it was my boyfriend coming home from work. I still had my eyes closed not thinking anything of it then I felt something kneel on the opposite corner of the bed and crawl up really quick and lay behind me as if it were spooning me. It felt like someone was behind me but yet it didn't feel solid. I opened up my eyes and saw the clock said 10:30am. My boyfriend didn't get off work until noon. I rolled over and I felt like I was dying. I became paralyzed and my eyes did not want to open. I kept fighting it, which seemed like forever. I could hear but my eyes I fought to keep open. I honestly felt like I was dying. Not that I was hurting or anything like that, I just felt like my body was dying. Maybe I was feeling what this spirit felt when they died, if it was a spirit that is. It could have been Sleep Paralysis but I don't really know. All I know is this THING crawled up in my bed really quick and layed behind me. When people have SP do they sometimes feel something crawl into bed with them before they become paralyzed? I've never heard of that happening with SP. How often is the Sleep Paralysis happening to you? Is there anything else that you are noticing when in your room besides just the feeling of being watched or the SP? Have you had this feeling of being watched only after the SP started happening?

I would suggest burning lavender in your bedroom every night before you go to bed.


😊
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
I have had simiar experience but I would check with a doctor first everyone is differnt. It could have even been a dream like a ruled mine as but my eyes were open but since this is your first experience with anything it could most likely be something medical. You probally want to see a speicalist. 😕
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
I have heard a lot of experience with this sleep paralysis. The things that are most likely to this are demons. I think that there might be a demon in your room, since you always feel uncomftrable in there. I think that before you go to sleep, set up a camera in your room. While your sleeping who knows what you might come up with. 😊
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
It sounds like Sleep Paralysis, I know the condition very well as I am a sufferer myself. I agree with DeviousAngel on all points.

There are commonly feelings of being held down, of a dark or evil presence in the room or even on top of the sufferer. I have a more skeptical view point than many of the people here but in no way is my view better.

I've had good results with self hypnosis, saying in my mind throughout the day "Next time I'm held down I won't be afraid, I'll laugh it away, my demon can't scare me if I don't let it". That is the more logical, somewhat scientific advice I was given and I'm giving to you.

Now for the more paranormal. I've been told a bowl of white Vinegar and salt beside where you sleep can help keep away bad spirits, saying Psalms 91 and 71 from the King James Version of the bible can also help. My Irish grandmother told me that sleeping with a weapon nearby frightens spirits. I do all the above and it has seemingly been working for me. I hope this helps.
Valeria555 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Whatever you do, do not worry about it. I know how scary it is. It is sleep paralysis, and it certainly feels horrible to not be in control. I have had this several times in my life starting when was 17. It has lessened over the years. Since I am lucid enough to know what is going on I always call upon God, the Angels, and JC for protection. I don't think it's anything bad or negative, but just in case, I ask for help. Surround your self with the white light of psychic protection before going to sleep and place the Archangels around your room also.
You might try that the next time. 😊
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
to me Sleep paralysis is caused by demonic attacks, sometimes you will be able to see a shadow creature
Keeping a night light on may help, but the way thing to do is pray before sleeping, pray a lot...
God Bless
medarisj (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I can't explain the fan, but I agree with DA, get it checked out, then move on from there.
AlwaysHaunted (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
The Ol' Old had syndrome. I have had that too, and nothing is more frightening! I have had it two times now... And the same things happen to me. So try not to get too scared.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Cold Iron is often touted as an effective counter to being hag ridden, or evil spirits.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I think it would be best to first consult your doctor and rule out the possibility that it is a medical condition. If nothing else, there are usually some exercises you can do to prevent SP or at least regain control of yourself when it happens. I don't remember where I heard it but I have heard a few things, such as small movements you can make if you start to feel a "tingling" sensation before it happens, and actual physical stretches you can do before bed that might prevent SP attacks.

If you take care of the medical side of it and nothing helps, THAT'S when we can start working on what to do with a haunting. Please keep us posted, and best of luck and love to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: