You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: They Don't Believe Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Don't Believe Me

 

My name is Randy I am 18 years old, I live in Vancouver B.C Canada. A few months ago I woke up to something right in front of my face, one of my fears, what it was is indescribable something I have never seen before and it was only for an instant.

Another time I woke up to something watching me from my dark washroom this time it had almost a human shape but no real features, after the first time I never slept with the lights off and it helped but I was tired of denying what was happening. Another time a few friends were over and when they left I was falling asleep so they turned the lights off and tightly closed the door to the room behind them, this woke me up and I felt a bit scared because I was vulnerable that is when I heard something right in my ear "Ahhhhh" sort of like a very long sigh almost as if it was meant to scare me, I was not scared instead I laughed because I was partly uncomfortable and I realized I was losing my mind.

There have been many many encounters with this I have no doubt in my mind anymore that this is real at first I did but I simply cannot deny this anymore. A list of things that have happened were scratching on wall, noises coming from my cupboard that disappeared and never came back when I opened it, my scissors that were in my room went missing for a day and I found them in the stand in the washroom where it was supposed to be, items moved into different positions than how I left them, a mattress suddenly moved without anything to cause it, scratching on the back of my couch, and most recently as in last night I saw a black shadow move across my room after I heard the scratches behind the couch I was laying on, there are probably more things that I can not remember because so many things have happened these are simply the ones on the top of my head.

I know when the entity is in the room because I feel a cold touch or spots on my body and a small chill get sent down my spine, it's almost like a mixture of excitement and nervousness. Usually these occurrences happen after my father leaves for work at 2:30 am and I am left alone at home, but they have happened during the day as well. Many other things have been starting to happen all around the same time this has that are not directly related to "ghosts" or however you wish to call this phenomenon such as dreams that are coming true and seeing odd lights in the night sky that are simply not common aircraft.

My own family does not believe me and I do not blame them, a few months ago I would not of either the only person who does is my friend who heard the scratches and even had his legs lifted up when he slept here. I am wondering what exactly I am dealing with, ghosts or demons or something else It's hard to truly tell, no one believes what I am telling them and I know it is absolutely true they think I'm crazy and or just lying to them playing tricks. I came here for a bit of input with people who have the same experiences or know of these things I am not scared just very curious and confused. What exactly am I dealing with?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RandyC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shadowchaser (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Hi RandyC. I don't believe this would be considered a residual haunting. The ghosts in a residual haunting do not know that you are there. It is just a playback in time. In a residual haunting the same thing happens either everyday, a specific time of day, a specific day of the month or year, etc. You also said that your friend's legs were lifted up, right? So if that happened then it would not be a residual haunting. If you do not feel threatened by this entity then I'm sure it is probably a typical haunting like MsAngelsndemons said.

😊
RandyC (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Thanks guys I am not scared at all I actually encourage it. I'm starting to think it is not intelligent haunting either I have tried talking to it and I get no response everytime, I even take time out of what I'm doing, turn off all the lights and try to encourage it to act but it does not. Our landlord told us the about the past tenants when we moved in and nothing about someone dieing has come up. Its hard to tell really, I heard a laugh a few times that felt like it was laughing at me because I was being silly, anyways I appreciate all of your replies to my story I'm not effected negatively at all by this just trying to figure things out thanks! 🤔
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I agree with MsAngelsndemons and zzsgranny. Nothing so far points toward intelligent hauntings, so it could be just residual. Try not to fear these things and do some investigative work. See if there's any history to your home, such as people who have died there, previous activity experienced by the last tenants, etc. EVP and EMF readings might help you as well. You may be able to find some answers. Best of luck!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Randy: You came to the right place!...We're all friends here, even if we don't always ACT like it! 😆...The fact that you're not scared tells me that you are sensitive, and someone wants your attention... I don't think you have anything to worry about, with the exception of finding "lost" items once in a while LOL...I've learned to like my ghosties, and even look forward to their antics!...You said that you laughed at the voice trying to scare you, and that's one way to deal with it, even though it was because you thought you were going crazy... Just think, you have your own personal entertainer... Keep your sense of humor... And don't worry, you're not crazy!...
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Your dealing with typical house hauntings. But as long as they don't physically harm you or your family stay there. I suggest investigate your own house and see what you come up with. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: