You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Zooming Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Zooming Shadow

 

This encounter happened when I was about 8 years old. My father was stationed in Germany (he's in the military). I had a lot of friends, my best one being Chris, who experienced this with me. It was about 8:30 PM, which was a little late for us to be outside, because we were young. We were just walking around, being bored. I kept seeing something black like a shadow zooming between buildings. I thought this was just my imagination, so it didn't bother me --that is, until Chris said, "Hey, did you see that?" I knew exactly what he meant by *that*.

Yet, this wasn't too freaky either, because there were bats in Germany, and there were pretty gosh darn fast. Sure, it seemed to be following us, but it still didn't really creep me out. This was getting from normal to creepy. I knew what I saw. I wasn't hallucinating, but I saw the same shadow IN BUILDINGS. We lived in housing, so there were apartments, and you could see inside the stairwells because the outside door was glass.

Chris said he had seen it inside buildings as well. This is when things got from creepy to run-away-right-now creepy. The shadow was still following us, I was sure of it. But we didn't stick around after seeing the black shadow zooming in the buildings. We ran into our stairwell (his apartment was above mine), and that was basically the end... Or so I thought...

To this day, I don't have an explanation of the shadow. We have shared the story to many others, but only some have believed us. The weird thing is, after Chris had moved and we were separated from each other, I have just kept on thinking that Chris has seen the zooming shadow again. I don't know why, I just do...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CardinalNinja, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sepheara (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I live on Vogelweh in stair well housing. I'm experiancing weird things myself... Feeling like I'm being watched at night... My son saying he see's a lady in the house and he's two mind you. It's not mystery to any of us we have all heard about it. I don't know how long ago it was, but a soldier killed his wife on this housing base, a little girl's body was found in the woods not far from Vogelweh and many fatal car accidents have happened around here. Of course car accidents are common here because people drive like it's the Indie 500...however...there is a lot of OLD OLD history for this area and Germany period. So I wouldn't be suprised.
MerscratianAce (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Not to make light of this, but it sounds kind of like the Endermen in Minecraft.

But seriously, unnaturally moving shadows at night almost always signify a negative energy. The ones I've seen inspire an unnatural fear in me that has given me the "deer caught in the headlights syndrome." That is, I know I'd be safer if I moved, but I can't bring myself to do so.
crazyaboutPARANORMAL (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Where in Germany were you guys stationed? The reason I ask is I also live in Germany in military hsng. Thx for sharing 😁.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
this is a very interesting story! All these years later have you experienced anything like it before?
My dad is retired military and he was PCSed in germany for a year while my mom I and brother stayed in the states, and he mentioned weird things happening.
I believe that different colors represent different things, you said they were black, well black represnts authority and power. And evilness. So it maybe a good thing you guys ran when you did.
Black can also represent submission, but I'd rather run than wait to find out.
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
strange, have you never seen them since?
From how you describe it, it sounds as if they were giving off some kind of energy to make you feel threathened by them.
Doesn't sound good does it?
fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
? A short storie but weird kind of freaky but not to much anyways good luck to you hope that shadow dosent get you
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
Stay on the straight and narrow as these black zoomers are there to negatively influence you and others.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
thanks for telling this. Do you ever see anything anymore I wold be very careful with the black one. How old are you now?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: