You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: A Boy Named Harold

Real Ghost Stories

A Boy Named Harold

 

This is both a story and a request for some information. I am really not sure what steps to take regarding this.

I grew up in a little 3 bedroom house in a small town in Colorado. I don't recall having any experiences with any being prior to moving into this house.

My story is about a young man whom my nephew has begun to call Harold. Growing up in the house, I was not aware of "heralds" presence I could only sense an older female and male. I started to become aware of Harold after I moved out of the house and my sister and I started to have our own children. Our Kids range from 8 to 12yrs in age and there are 6 of them... Yepp lots of kids.

The laundry room is in the basement and this is where I feel him most. I really didn't pay much attention to him until my daughter started refusing to go down there without one of her cousins. I have never told my kids about my ghostly experiences while growing up in the house; I really didn't think it was prudent. My daughter and my nephew are the only ones that have seen him.

My daughter was having a brave moment and decided to go downstairs by herself while we were visiting my family and she saw a boy crawl from the laundry room through the family room and then he got up and ran to the restroom. She was reading a book at the time and was not really paying close attention and thought that it was one of her brothers. Being the big sister she proceeded to yell (still thinking that it was one of her bros') to leave her alone, she needed alone time. When she got no response she walked over to the bathroom and alas it was empty, she walked through the entire basement and she was the only one there. Obviously this freaked her out a bit and she ran up the stairs and refused to go down there for the remainder of our 4 day visit.

For some reason every time (and there are several) "Harold" shows himself to my daughter and my nephew, he is crawling on the ground (army style, on his belly) and then he gets up and runs to the bathroom. It's very odd. I have never seen him, so I am trusting my daughter to be honest and not fabricate or embellish her stories.

So my questions are; could this spirit have been dormant for all those years and only became active when the kids were around. Could my daughter be a sensitive?

Other hauntings by angelia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
It sounds like she's sensitive like her mother, often these things will pass from mother to child. Becoming evedent when the child up and say's something. All you can do for now is be supportive and let her know if she needs you you will be there for her. It dosen't sound like he's dangerouse, just curiouse now that thiers someone in the home to play with.
Chelseababeh (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
Hello Angelia,
I can't think of anything to say to be of use. 😐
Good luck to you and your family and I hope you figure this out.
God bless,
Chelsea ❤
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I don't know if it was a dormant ghost or a spirit or what, but I have somewhat of an idea as to why it was crawling on it's stomach and then making a run for it. I agree with other people's statements as to saying "He's hiding or is afraid of being seen", but I also may think he's actually trying to play with the children, such as a child would play army-man with a friend. From the way the ghost is acting, it is highly doubted that he is dangerous, and I think he may be selectively choosing people to see him because he may think that there are only some people who might understand him.

Hope this helped!
Michi~
ralu4michael (28 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
well, not many people have the ability to feel, hear or see spirits... I'm a very spiritual person and I see that you and your daughter also are... I think it's kind of cute, a boy's soul crawling in the laundry room... He must be very cute I suppose... Michael says:
"oh, I just love children! If it weren't for them I wouldn't want to live... I see God in their beautiful eyes when they're smiling... They're magic! We should learn to be more childlike, to take things as they are and think simple... Adults get tangled up with many things, they can't concentrate on what truly matters and they only think about money... That's just awful! I want to play, I want to have fun! Nothing more... That's what I've tried my entire life: to live the childhood I've lost... My early years were terrible! I still have painful scars inside... But this is it... I'm pretty satisfied with how my life went... It could've been better, it could've been worse... So, back to the subject... I really like Harold and I think I met him when I lived in Egypt, like 3000 years ago... He was my step-brother as I remember... Maybe he once lived in your house or nearby and that's why he visits you... Maybe he lost his favorite toy in that room and he still searches for it! I send you all my love... God bless you!"
Nosferwolf (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Yeah its basically an imprint or the paranormal term is residual haunting its basically like a "recording" of something that happened in the spirits life which constantly repeats and it is most likely showing its self to the kids because it relates to them because they are children I know this post is like a year late but hope it was informative if you even get this heh but yeah google "residual hauntings" if you want to read more into it.
nnlpeace (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
He's always crawling on his belly and running into the bathroom? Do any of you ever see or sense him else where in the house? IT almost sounds like an imprint of some sort, if he is always doing the same action at the same place?
I'd say though your daughter is sensitive, I'm just wondering if it also is an imprint... ❤
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Hmm, interesting, than you should try talking to it. Try to ask something about the ghost and use EVP to know its respond, if it respond, they don't usually talk that much so if you can just try a yes or no questions. If it can't respond from words than use question's like "If you're here, knock the wall 4 times.". I would like to know the result after this. Good day to you and Farewell for now.
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Lou: sorry for the confusion. My mom and stepdad own the house which is in CO. I live in Utah. My mom and step dad bought the house when I was 12. My biological father died when I was two due to a gun shot wound.

I would have to say no on the thought that the adult male is showing himself to the kids in the form of the young kid. I can feel each of them... They are seperate entities.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Angelia,
I'm a little confused on one point, who owns the house now; one or both of your parents, or yourself?
If the activity associated with Harold was kid-inspired, it seems likely you would have experienced him as a child yourself. I get a sense that Harold and the adult male are somehow connected...abusive, domineering father-figure/cowering child.
Has their been any renovations or excavations done on the property recently? I know everyone has pushed you towards researching the property... It may be worth looking into old police reports on murder/suicides or domestic violence to find out who these spirits are and how to help them move on.
Another potential reason for his more recent appearance could be that Harold is recently deceased... Could there be a connection to the property from a child who onced lived there and died more recently?...friend of family, relative, etc.
One other thought... Which actually was my first suspicion. You sense the boy, but have you ever seen him, as the children have? Could the "boy" be your intimidating adult male, presenting himself to the children in an alternate form?

Lou
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Number13: I am not sure that this "ability" is going to vanish with my daughter, she is going on 13 and very intelligent and I still have my abilities. "Harold" has not tried to hurt the kids, nor anyone else in the family. I am hesitant about using Holy water crosses and praying because I did try this with the older male and it did not work out so well. The disturbances became more frequent.
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Well, its possible, but I think it would react to disturbances rather than childrens and most childrens does have a "sixth sense" but this ability vanished when the children is older (Old enough to know what's real or not), but some people do keep this ability. It seems that this thing or things aren't or seemingly not evil spirit/spirits. If this thing or things starts to act up like hurting you're family or scaring them than I suggest you to use holy waters, crosses, or pray a lot. If you want to confirm this thing is called harold than I have a suggestion that I saw on TV, why not try pouring baby powder or flour in the basement and leave it for sometime like a day. It may confirm what entity it is and maybe even know what the name of the thing is. If the shape of the footprints is "Inhuman" maybe its a Demon or some sorts but I cannot confirm it until I know exactly what you're dealing with. Good day and have a Good life.
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Thank you for all the comments and it looks like I have a lot of research ahead of me. The Name Harold was told to me by my nephew. I am unsure as to how he acquired this info. My Daughter nor myself have felt that this is his name so it very well could be an attention getter on my nephews part.

I am half tempted to have a chat with "harold" but I am REALLY nervous about the adult male. His presence is so domineering and quite frankly he scares me beyond anything I have ever known. I will have to post some of my stories about him so everyone can get a more clear understanding as to what I am dealing with.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Angelia,
Where did the name Harold come from? Is it a name that someone had a premonition about, or was it just chosen randomly?

Lou
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
your daughter might be sensitive and about the boy, it might be residual. Still, scary.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
you should definetley check the history of the house and see what might of happened there I feel that something definetly did and then you should get a professional to send these spirits into the light where they can be at peace good luck and keep me posted take care...
Elias (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Woah you got one brave daughter I didn't thinka any sorta lil girl would be willing to go down stairs if they knew exactly what they were going to see (ghost) id love to hear more about that ghost sooner please continue
Updating us with your facinating experiense with that ghost harold if you can. Very intrestiing story.

Kind regards, random guy that is very intrested into your story. =]
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Angelia, I hope you will write further about your experiences with the adult entities you briefly mentioned. Since the boy's behavior is consistent with someone attempting to escape danger, and the older male's presence engenders fear and seems unfriendly, it makes one wonder if they are not playing out a scenario together that might have occurred in life.
You didn't mention the age of the home, and of course they all could be tied to the land or just bound together at that location due to some heinous activity that resulted in the boy's death. I too would be curious to know what a historical search might yield.
If not a residual haunting, it would be good to get everyone moving along to their respective destinations. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope all goes well for you and your family.
ally711 (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
That so creepy. I would never go down there. 😨 Good story I really enjoyed it. 😨
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
You will find that children often have the ability to see things that adults cannot.

Remember, there are many genes in a child's DNA that are active, of which an adult's are not.
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Nighthingale: I have not checked the history of the house or land, with all the things that happen on a regular basis you would think that I would have done so... I will definately have to to that. It will probably clear up a lot of questions that I have.

DeviousAngel: My daughter and nephew are the only ones to see "harold". I can feel him but I have never seen him. What you said about him hiding does makes sense. He is always coming from the laundry room which has one of those storage areas that are under the stairs. I can really feel him in there almost to the point where I don't want to enter the storage area. I am so overwhlemed with fear that I can not tell if it is harold that I am feeling or if it is the older male (who is not friendly)

I did want to try and make contact with the boy but I am concerned that if I open communications to him that I may be allowing the older male more access to communicate and that is NOT something that I want.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
I definitely think your daughter is a sensitive. It may not be a bad idea to do some research on the land/house as Nightingale recommended. Is it only your daughter and your newphew that have seen him? Or have any of the others seen him as well?

You mentioned that the boy is always crawling when he appears to your daughter and nephew. My theory is that this has something to do with the way he died. I think it's possible that he may have been trying to hide from someone. Because his spirit is still attached there, I think it's possible that someone may have killed him. The way your daughter described him (combat-crawling) across the floor and then running into the bathroom, sounds like something a child would do if they were trying to get away from someone without being seen, at least until they can get somewhere they feel safe and can lock the door.

If you feel safe enough in doing it, it might not be a bad idea to do an EVP reading. If your kids are being scared by this entity, it might be best to do it when they aren't there. Try asking a few questions such as "what is your name?" to confirm his name is indeed Harold, and about how he died. That alone may help him move on, as he may not realize he has passed on.

Please let us know if you find anything!
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Hi Angelia, Its commonly known around many cultures of the world that children thend to be more aware or acute to spirits or the paranormal realm, The reason being I'm guessing because of their natural curiosity and innocence.

Have you ever tried to check the history of your home/Land? Maybe the boy was a previous resident, he might have had a violent death due to his spirit still attached to the place. You might want to look into that, most of the times child spirits are just playful or trying to get your attention for whatever reason, Maybe he just needs your help. And is trying to get you to listen through your kids.
You could try asking Him in the name of God what is that he wants. Tell him to please not to frighten your daughter. Donnot fear it. Your not alone.

Also your daughter might be sensitive and maybe that is what triggered his attention.

Good luck! And God bless ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: