You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Noisy Spirit Of The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Noisy Spirit Of The Attic

 

First off, not looking for help or advice, just telling a story from an event in my life that I think would be interesting for all to read. This took place around 2001-2002. I can't remember what month exactly, but it was around mid summer. I had a Japanese friend that I used to hang out with all the time. We always either went ghost hunting or did some sort of research and read factual and fictional ghost stories alike. We even made our own ghost picture and made a fake story to see which of our other friends would believe us. I know it sounds like we were obsessed, but we we're, that took up only a small part of our hang outs. So on to the story itself.

One of the last times he stayed over the night after a 'party' I threw, we decided to stay up and play some games and leave the black lights on just to be...well...us. I think it was about 1 am, when we started hearing sounds in my closet. Interesting thing about my closet in that room was that it lead to a storage area that him and I had evidence of it being haunted by a not so pleasant spirit. I'm not going to classify it, mostly because I don't want to take the time. We kind of looked at each other, shrugged, went back to playing games. A few minutes later, we heard scratching on the other side of the door. Since we were always more curious than cautious and didn't scare easily, we got up and went to investigate. Instead of opening the door, we decided to see if there was any evidence we could catch before we threw the door open and everything stopped. So he put his ear to the door, claiming he heard breathing in there, I put my ear up, I also heard it. So I kept listening. Within a few minutes, in this deep, raspy, almost horror movie type voice I clearly heard "WE WILL KILL YOU ALL". Cliché as that sounds, I pulled back quickly. After that he and I leaned against the door half to see what would happen, half to try and keep whatever it was in the closet. Not even a minute later, we both felt the door bulging and my friend got knocked forward a little. It felt like something was trying to break through, but there's little to no sound.

After a few minutes of this and me getting shoved around by a door, I got up and we both decided to try and face whatever it was. My friend stood to the side with a video camera ready and I opened the door quickly. As soon as I opened the door a cold wind rushed out. Now, the strange thing about this is, in summer time, my closet is HOT. On top of that it's still in the mid 90's outside with almost no insulation between the roof and the back of my closet. But otherwise, nothing physical was there. We still heard sounds coming from the storage space, though. We decided instead of tempting fate we'd go into my bathroom (which runs parallel to the storage space) and see what we could hear. To this day we swear we heard heavy hoof steps and several sets of growls.

Of course, things still happen to this day all over the house, but I ignore most of them or deal with it. But I moved out of that room and try to avoid it if I can. I can still feel eyes on me whenever I pass by. What is strange, though, is it never did anything to me and half the time the events would stop when I came in the room if I left a friend in there for any length of time. Another friend who slept over the last night of our senior year said he woke up at around 3am and saw a grey mist hovering above me. No idea what that was. Everyone who's been in that room has had some kind of experience except my parents. I fortified my current 'cave' against anything coming in.

A friend I hang out with a lot now says he often feels something staring at him like it wants to hurt him but it always stops whenever he gets in my room. It always stays out in the hall. It seems like these things don't like coming around me. It could get straight up violent with others. My mom says she hears people talking all the time at night and shadows darting all over the place. A few times there have been events that even my dad couldn't deny. He's about as big a skeptic as any. It can get interesting around here. I have no idea what to call this thing other than annoying. No intent to get rid of it or battle it. So... None of that. I have a couple of stories from in the storage space itself, but I'll post those later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leomhann, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
I dig this story. It's blunt. Thanx for sharing. Sometimes, SOMETIMES it makes me crazy that people don't really even consider coinciding with spirits that are more just a nuisance really, rather than threating. Most folks will automatically grab a bible, crucifix, smudge bundle & what not, to rid the place of the spirit. You know? Now if it IS in fact a serious problem, yeah get rid of it, but I respect you for just really letting them do their thing & it sounds to me like you are pretty much in control
& they know what you are & don't f*ck with you. Right on man. I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

~~LSD~~
Leomhann (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Something I completely forgot to mention in the story. We're the original tennants of the house, we bought the house before it was finished being built. There was never a burial site, battle, former houses or another town or anything under the ground mineral wise there. Ever since I picked that room when I was 7, the closet always made me uneasy. Even before I knew there was anything behind it or even opened it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Thanks for sharing your story! Who knows what it could have been, but it seems not to like you because you're not afraid of it. Kind of hard to feed off of negative energy if there isn't any. 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: